Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Longitude Festival 2013

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Great lineup. I'd only be heading for Vampire Weekend though. :P

Now, where's the rock festivals.. We need even one of them.. :(
    Ha i can see the Pheonix Park gigs returning this year so with the more rockier side of things
    davywalsh7 wrote: »
    I reckon jake bugg is on the Friday as he's play Nottingham Saturday and benicassim Sunday
    http://jakebugg.com/mobile/gigs/
    Wouldnt mind Vampire Weekend, YYY,Hot Chip on one day then id go for a day
    Morrison J wrote: »
    Each days line up will be announced on the 8th of April.

Tickets then go up to €150 for the weekend and €55 per day. Very reasonable in fairness to MCD

Have to say aswell thats really good price and i can see it selling very well. According to the times it was organised my Dennis Desmonds son

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

I think I'm right in saying there's 28 bands announced so far, but could be wrong on that? so with Three stages over three days and roughly say Seven bands a stage ( with maybe Six on the Friday ) that's 60 bands.. so another 32 to go perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

that seems about right. the full lineup is announced on April 8th anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,901 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Needs a few rock acts, why can't Ireland attract them? Modest Mouse & Yeah Yeah Yeah's thats about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Needs a few rock acts, why can't Ireland attract them? Modest Mouse & Yeah Yeah Yeah's thats about it.

It's not a rock festival.

• Advertisement

It's not a rock festival.

Thanks for pointing that out, a festival with diversity would be a welcome addition. What we end up with is a field full of hipsters in skinny jeans.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Pleasantly surprised by the lineup, definitely going to get out for a day or two :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

Thanks for pointing that out, a festival with diversity would be a welcome addition. What we end up with is a field full of hipsters in skinny jeans.

Sounds a lot better to me than a bunch of knackerjacks getting pished in a field and stabbing each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭lc180

Well happy with the line-up, there is about 8 or 9 bands there i kinda want to see and the early bird tickets are surprisingly reasonable for MCD.

The thing i like most though is its not just a carbon copy of Forbidden Fruit, i think both festivals will be different enough music wise to do ok this summer.

Money permitting i might get 2 festivals in Dublin city this summer. Happy days!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

just to be clear.......

On April the 8th the will announce full line-up and break down of days AND the early bird will finish ? So there is no chance of getting early bird day tickets knowing who is playing when ?????

• Advertisement

hhhmm, bit sh1tty

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

neaideabh wrote: »
    It could be good...but a festival like that... With them acts... In Dublin??? Just has the Swedish House Mafia gig written all over it!

What on earth are you on about?

Not too much on the line-up I'm too pushed on, was hoping for a few more. Just Kraftwerk and Modest Mouse. If they end up on the same day I'll head along for that one. Don't see me heading otherwise unless there are a few other acts I want to see playing. Will probably see both of those elsewhere, anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭monthehoops

Some Metallica, One Direction, Snoop and Calvin Harris? That kind of diversity?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Happy out with that line-up, wasn't expecting it to be as good as that.

Hoping to get the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Hot Chip and Vampire Weekend on one day as without camping (there won't be camping I take it?) a 3 day ticket and having to pay for accommodation on top of that is a bit steep - still holding onto my cash for an EP ticket in the hopes that it will still go on.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

the problem with oxegen was it was too diverse, festivals IMO need to tailor for a specific crowd, Big Chill in the UK, Latitude, Leeds/Reading, all have a target market, and nail it. Glasto is an exception, its a Music festival but part of a larger idea, and has become almost an institution, the production value of Glasto must be massive, an Irish festival couldnt hope to compare with the undertaking, venue would need to be the size of Phoenix Park but rural to facilitate traffic, probably even bigger than the park.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Musicscene.ie reporting the headliners nights....

"Longitude Music Festival 2013 will see headliners such as Phoenix take to the main stage on Friday night, followed by New York indie rockers Vampire Weekend on the Saturday, and to complete the weekend, Kraftwerk perform their amazing 3D concert on the Sunday night."

the problem with oxegen was it was too diverse, festivals IMO need to tailor for a specific crowd, Big Chill in the UK, Latitude, Leeds/Reading, all have a target market, and nail it. Glasto is an exception, its a Music festival but part of a larger idea, and has become almost an institution, the production value of Glasto must be massive, an Irish festival couldnt hope to compare with the undertaking, venue would need to be the size of Phoenix Park but rural to facilitate traffic, probably even bigger than the park.

Mmm good point.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

While the lineup is a little too uninspired to my tastes I think MCD have done a good job here. As usual the lineup is being teased out so we have yet to get the full picture. But so far so good. And much closer to home than Oxegen was.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

honru wrote: »
    While the lineup is a little too uninspired to my tastes I think MCD have done a good job here. As usual the lineup is being teased out so we have yet to get the full picture. But so far so good. And much closer to home than Oxegen was.

yeah it wouldnt be my bag at all but its gonna be a serious good gig for interested parties.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭civilnug

This is according to the bands websites.

Modest Mouse - Friday
    Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Sunday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

civilnug wrote: »
    This is according to the bands websites.

Modest Mouse - Friday
    Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Sunday

Agggh, was hoping both of them would be on the Saturday with Vampire Weekend.

Do people think day or weekend tickets will sell out before April 8th ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,995 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

miller82 wrote: »
    Do people think day or weekend tickets will sell out before April 8th ?

I reckon not.
    I'd guess that they would only release a percentage of tickets as early bird, and the rest would be on sale after the 8th of April.
    I'd also expect that most people would wait for the day to day line up before deciding what to buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭peejay1986

3D concert? Aren't all concerts 3D?...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭LeftBlank

peejay1986 wrote: »
    3D concert? Aren't all concerts 3D?...

3D visuals...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

Do you what's really annoying me ,its the thought of traveling To and from Marley park .for foo fighters and nine inch nails it was such a pain in the arse and to took forever to get back into town.im hoping for foals ,vampire weekend ,moths and Jesse wareon the same day. I was kinda hoping for James Blake to be on the bill I also think there should be a few djs added to the bill , I know sbtrkt is doin a dj slot but that's only one, I'm hoping for joy Orbison disclosure and acts like that to be attracted to a festival like this it's suites them to the ground compared to the likes of oxygen/EP/forbidden fruit .

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Holding off till FF.. praying that Foals will play on the Friday.. would be deadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭monthehoops

Holding off till FF.. praying that Foals will play on the Friday.. would be deadly.

I couldn't see them putting Foals on the line up without adding exclusivity to the deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

I couldn't see them putting Foals on the line up without adding exclusivity to the deal.

I presume you mean alongside Modest Mouse.. otherwise I don't really follow, can you elaborate?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

Mr.S wrote: »
    Dublin Bus will more then likely put on extra buses after the gigs back into town.

That said, any gig I've been to in Marley has been hassle free getting back into town, obviously takes a bit longer with the crowds but it was always smooth. Sure a taxi into town is cheap enough.

--

Love the lineup so far, MCD have done well and ticket prices are decent. Looking forward to this! Think it will sell out for sure!
    I just found it a royal pain in the tits

Who else would you say will be announced ?

Advertisement