Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Longitude Festival 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Gideon Graves

I'd say Bombay Bicylce Club would fit the bill, unless Forbidden Fruit or Camden Crawl hasn't signed them up already

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 196 ✭✭shed head

Kraftwerk 3d outdoors is no where near as good as indoor, shame really

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Hoop66

Am I just being thick?

How can they expect people to buy day tickets without knowing which bands play which days?

Did someone say there that Vampire Weekend are on the Saturday?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

A V A wrote: »
    Do you what's really annoying me ,its the thought of traveling To and from Marley park .for foo fighters and nine inch nails it was such a pain in the arse and to took forever to get back into town.im hoping for foals ,vampire weekend ,moths and Jesse wareon the same day. I was kinda hoping for James Blake to be on the bill I also think there should be a few djs added to the bill , I know sbtrkt is doin a dj slot but that's only one, I'm hoping for joy Orbison disclosure and acts like that to be attracted to a festival like this it's suites them to the ground compared to the likes of oxygen/EP/forbidden fruit .
    to me, FF would be perfect for Joy Orbison, Disclosure etc.? Longitude is too "indie"-centric for them really. i on't particular want to see Joy O on at 6pm to a quarter-full tent, or worse, an outdoor stage....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

in the words of clay davis this was my expression to the line-up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

civilnug wrote: »
    This is according to the bands websites.

Modest Mouse - Friday
    Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Sunday

Where are you seeing that for Modest Mouse? All I can see on their site is:

07/19/13 - 07/21/13 Punchestown, Co. Kildare Longitude Festival

Obviously the venue is wrong, but the dates are just for the whole festival.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

to me, FF would be perfect for Joy Orbison, Disclosure etc.? Longitude is too "indie"-centric for them really. i on't particular want to see Joy O on at 6pm to a quarter-full tent, or worse, an outdoor stage....

I suppose but I was thinking of melt festival in Germany , I wouldn't mind seeing joy o at six if it was sunny out and the same with disclosure ,I wouldn't be mad on seeing them in a tent though!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭maximoose

shed head wrote: »
    Kraftwerk 3d outdoors is no where near as good as indoor, shame really

Isn't one stage indoors? Could be in there

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,896 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

maximoose wrote: »
    Isn't one stage indoors? Could be in there

They will be on the Main stage which will be outdoors along with one more outdoor stage and a tent

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭civilnug

Where are you seeing that for Modest Mouse? All I can see on their site is:

07/19/13 - 07/21/13 Punchestown, Co. Kildare Longitude Festival

Obviously the venue is wrong, but the dates are just for the whole festival.

You're spot on my mistake.

I saw the first date thought it was the Friday, didn't see the second date at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Dazzler0911

Can't believe the some of the negative reaction to this line-up. I think it's bleeding deadly......Paul Kalkbrennar, SBTRKT, Hot Chip, MO. Gonna be a great weekend. Will be picking up my 3-day ticket on Monday fo sure

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭monthehoops

I presume you mean alongside Modest Mouse.. otherwise I don't really follow, can you elaborate?

I couldn't see Foals playing both FF and Longtitude.

EDIT: Ok on re-read I don't think that's what you meant. It read first time like you were hoping Foals played FF on the Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

Can't believe the some of the negative reaction to this line-up. I think it's bleeding deadly......Paul Kalkbrennar, SBTRKT, Hot Chip, MO. Gonna be a great weekend. Will be picking up my 3-day ticket on Monday fo sure

It is completely impossible for anyone to announce a festival lineup without having a few people from the peanut gallery poo-pooing it.

I think it's a great line up regardless

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

JJ wrote: »
    It is completely impossible for anyone to announce a festival lineup without having a few people from the peanut gallery poo-pooing it.

It's unoriginal and lacks variety, I think a certain few are allowed to be frustrated with the play it safe path that almost every Festival is taking

nocoverart wrote: »
    It's unoriginal and lacks variety, I think a certain few are allowed to be frustrated with the play it safe path that almost every Festival is taking

Unoriginal?who do you want at it??rihanna ?ed Sherman?olly murs?calvin Harris? None of the above dont fit this kind of festival! You have oxygen etc for those kind of acts so I don't see how this is unoriginal or how any mainstream kind of act would fit into this line up

A V A wrote: »
    Unoriginal?who do you want at it??rihanna ?ed Sherman?olly murs?calvin Harris? None of the above dont fit this kind of festival! You have oxygen etc for those kind of acts so I don't see how this is unoriginal or how any mainstream kind of act would fit into this line up

As far as personal preference goes I would of liked something along the lines of Aphex Twin, GY!BE, The Knife and My Bloody Valentine (if at all possible) but as a lover of music anything with a good mix of genres would do. Heck why not even have a Metal/Rock stage? I think that would bring a great diversity. Btw, you're well up on your POP acts... a closet fan perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Dazzler0911

Rave up in Marlay. Put the women & children to bed ! Yeoww :cool:

As far as personal preference goes I would of liked something along the lines of Aphex Twin, GY!BE, The Knife and My Bloody Valentine (if at all possible) but as a lover of music anything with a good mix of genres would do. Heck why not even have a Metal/Rock stage? I think that would bring a great diversity. Btw, you're well up on your POP acts... a closet fan perhaps?

Don't have to be a closet fan to know what's around!!

I'd say the knife will play electric picnic

I would have loved some of the melt fest line up

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

surprised people are disagreeing with nocoverart, there's certainly good acts there, but it's hardly the most imaginative lineup going.
    Hot Chip here yet again, same as every summer, another Foals festival appearance following an indoor gig, TEED again, Villagers and Mmoths of course being there somewhere, SBTRKT, Local Natives are regularly here.
    it's mostly radio-friendly "indie" music too, the type of lineup Q Magazine would come out with.

i'll still be going, as there's plenty of good acts there, but bar a few exceptions, if you've been to a few festivals here in the last few years, you'll probably have seen most of those acts...

• Advertisement

Ah the reason im not mad about the line up because suppose deep down inside i was hoping for a rock festival with a mix of the some of the bands announced yesterday and then bands like Stereophonics etc . Although still hoping for a festival that blends Download/Reading and Leeds but will never happen over here :(

I think our attempt at dowload a few years back was bit pathetic,we need a reading and Leeds!!!

Mr.S wrote: »
    A metal / rock stage, at this?! ....

This is simple and easy, it's not a festival.

OK, so let me get this straight! MCD are holding a music festival but we can't have anything that loud because It's not a festival. Jaysus, hope you pack your earplugs

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

While I do get that MCD are trying to market this festival towards certain general 'tastes', I do think it's shame that there is no rock/metal festival in this country. What makes it more disappointing is how we have the same old same old kind of festival popularised by Electric Picnic nearly a decade ago. This, Body and Soul, Forbidden Fruit, and a lot of smaller festivals where indie or electronic are the main focus.

I'm not saying this is a bad thing: I like indie and electronic and I think it's great that we have more choice with festivals. But does that diversity have to be narrowed to the same kind of 'boutique' formula every time?

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Problem123456

honru wrote: »
    While I do get that MCD are trying to market this festival towards certain general 'tastes', I do think it's shame that there is no rock/metal festival in this country. What makes it more disappointing is how we have the same old same old kind of festival popularised by Electric Picnic nearly a decade ago. This, Body and Soul, Forbidden Fruit, and a lot of smaller festivals where indie or electronic are the main focus.

I'm not saying this is a bad thing: I like indie and electronic and I think it's great that we have more choice with festivals. But does that diversity have to be narrowed to the same kind of 'boutique' formula every time?
    I guess its were the money is to be made

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

OK, so let me get this straight! MCD are holding a music festival but we can't have anything that loud because It's not a festival. Jaysus, hope you pack your earplugs

I dont think you understand what they are trying to do. they are moving away from the oxegen model to a more tailored model like the uk, a tried and tested approach that might make the festival culture over here a little more fun. Go to Glasto if you want diversity, its been tried here and failed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Steve O

The tickets are fairly good value, looking forward to it and the fact I don't have to camp.

honru wrote: »

Yea thats what ive noticed there are now loads of different festival options for people who like indie/electronic etc but none for rock/metal fans . Wouldnt even mind 2 day mini festival (kinda like bud rising from a few years ago) 2 big headliners and a 5 or 6 support bill per day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

The lineup is ok but i don't know about anyone else but give me a 3 day camping festival down the country any day of the week.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Wattle

Kraftwerk 3D on my doorstep. Couldn't possibly refuse.

Advertisement