Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Longitude Festival 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭markcellardoor

updating day breakdown based on pixiebean22's detective work on Hot Chip...

let's make it easy for people to decide if they want to buy early bird/weekend/day tickets or not:

Friday 19th July
    Phoenix
    Mmoths
    Hot Chip

Saturday 20th July
    Vampire Weekend

Sun 21st July
    Kraftwerk
    Yeah Yeah Yeahs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

let's make it easy for people to decide if they want to buy early bird/weekend/day tickets or not:

Friday 19th July
    Phoenix
    Mmoths
    Hot Chip

Saturday 20th July
    Vampire Weekend

Sun 21st July
    Kraftwerk
    Yeah Yeah Yeahs

Add jake bugg to the Friday too

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭dia squish

Friday 19th July
    Phoenix
    Mmoths
    Hot Chip

Saturday 20th July
    Vampire Weekend

Sun 21st July
    Kraftwerk
    Yeah Yeah Yeahs

Local Natives have Friday on their website.

Looks like Fri and Sun will be the best days for me and I'll still get to see Beach House on Sat, here's hoping :)

Updated breakdown....(thanks davywalsh7 & dia squish)

Friday 19th July
    Phoenix
    Mmoths
    Hot Chip
    Jake Bugg
    Local Natives

Saturday 20th July
    Vampire Weekend

Sun 21st July
    Kraftwerk
    Yeah Yeah Yeahs

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭bluugirl

If only foals were on the sunday but it doesn't look like it now, probably the saturday, oh well!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

So did everyone get their early bird tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Got my tickets for Saturday & Sunday. Cant make the Friday unfortunately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭The Guardian

Sold out already?

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭civilnug

Got a weekend ticket.

Looking forward to it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 196 ✭✭shed head

now that i have safely got my Kraftwerk ticket, i will retract my comment about the 3d show only being good indoors, i have seen it 2 times already and it is savage, can't wait, just going the Sunday myself!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 mrporro

Updated breakdown....(thanks davywalsh7 & dia squish)

Friday 19th July
    Phoenix
    Mmoths
    Hot Chip
    Jake Bugg
    Local Natives

Saturday 20th July
    Vampire Weekend

Sun 21st July
    Kraftwerk
    Yeah Yeah Yeahs

Any word on which day Modest Mouse are playing?

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Tree Scape

My Sunday ticket was 45+5e booking fee, thought they were meant to be 44.50 all in??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

If you buy tickets at a ticketmaster outlet do they still charge you a booking fee?

Mr.S wrote: »
    His website just says "07/19/13 - 07/21/13"

MCD have done very well in making sure the acts keep schtum about actual days they are playing...grr.. part of sign on contract i presume

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Evil Sausage

His website just says "07/19/13 - 07/21/13"

But they created an event on their FB page which states the Sunday.

Which is perfect, Kraftwerk, YYY's and Modest Mouse would be my top 3 acts to catch that weekend

Modest Mouse FB

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭MattD

I have my Weekend ticket, so it's no difference to me! Modest Mouse are also convinced that they're playing Punchestown according to their Facebook and their website, bless them...

Atoms for Peace leaving a 19th-20th size gap in their European tour has me hopeful!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 mrporro

But they created an event on their FB page which states the Sunday.

Which is perfect, Kraftwerk, YYY's and Modest Mouse would be my top 3 acts to catch that weekend

Modest Mouse FB

excellent...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭The Guardian

It would make sense now if EP just merged with Longitude this year.
    Not enough scraps left for a full decent wkend festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,389 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Very much doubt there will be trouble on the Saturday, just because its a Saturday :confused:
    Yeah I agree, if anything, the Saturday crowd is likely to be the least crowd control as they would have work on Friday/Monday. "Scobes" will either be not working or not having to get up for work Monday so could go any night of the festival (I realise that's a very general statement).
    It would make sense now if EP just merged with Longitude this year. Not enough scraps left for a full decent wkend festival.
    EP has always marketed itself as a "Music and Arts" festival. Longitude is a Music festival (and a quite specific cohort of music by the looks of things)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Shedite27 wrote: »

EP has always marketed itself as a "Music and Arts" festival. Longitude is a Music festival (and a quite specific cohort of music by the looks of things)

i would have said Latitude was exactly the same, I imagine there will be alot of arts related things at it, its meant to sister Latitude, which is major major art influence

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,002 ✭✭✭Seedy Arling

Got my early bird for Saturday. Anyone know what day Modest Mouse are playing?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Sunday definitely seems worth a day ticket at this stae

Bit cheeky of them to offer earlybird tickets but not the day breakdowns yet.

Very cheeky. I'd say it will back fire on them though...people will be slow to commit if they don't know who will be playing when... especially if Forbidden Fruit lineup tomorrow makes a serious impact which has day to day breakdown
    and is also on the bank holiday weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Bit cheeky of them to offer earlybird tickets but not the day breakdowns yet.

For the last number of years, EP have offered early bird tickets without announcing any acts.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,389 ✭✭✭Shedite27

They have it set up perfectly to maximise ticket sales. I reckon Kraftwork will sell most of the Sunday tickets, Saturday will sell out because people don't have to go to work the next day, and they'll adjust the day line-ups accordingly once tickets sales are seen.

If the Friday hasn't been selling well, they'll get more big names, if Saturday is sold out by early birds, they will put the smaller names on then.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,199 ✭✭✭maximoose

For the last number of years, EP have offered early bird tickets without announcing any acts.

That's quite different.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Yeah it's a bit cheeky trying to sell day tickets when the day splits have barely been announced, but in fairness for that price it ain't half bad. You'd maybe pay more to see some of those headliners at their own gig.

Great lineup so far, I got my weekend ticket straight away. I'd even be content with just the bands announced, but hopefully we get a few more gems. And with a hotel around the corner booked, this doesn't work out much more expensive than EP and a whole lot more comfortable!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Marseyred

I'm away on holidays for Longitude so still hoping that EP will go ahead as Oxegen is definately not my scene.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Wattle

Got my early bird for Sunday. I'd pay 44 to see Kraftwerk on they're own so it's a very decent price for a day out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Anyone know how the weekend ticket will work, will you be given a wristband for the three days etc.?

Just wondering if it would be possible to buy the weekend pass and head two days e.g. Fri and Sat and then pass the ticket onto someone else to go on the Sunday?

Bit cheeky and probably not even worth it but would cover me for all possibilities once the line-up is fully announced.

Advertisement