Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Longitude Festival 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Villagers are on Latitude on the Friday, so that would be a clash. That is if I'm reading the Latitude lineup right (if first column is Friday)

they have thurs to sunday spread over three columns - does not compute!

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Here's the full poster from the UK Longitude - same name and weekend, there has to be some sort of link. Who would you like added to the Irish event from that lineup?

cat power
    calexico
    i am kloot
    steve mason
    yo la tenga
    Alt j
    beach house
    japandroids

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭glanman

Speaking of FR, would love Frightened Rabbit to play at this. I've missed them every time they've been here except when they supported Death Cab a few years ago.

Expect/hope they will play indiependence. They had said they would during their Irish tour last year and indiependence organisers said they wanted them then too. Fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

sweetie wrote: »

cat power
    calexico
    i am kloot
    steve mason
    yo la tenga
    Alt j
    beach house
    japandroids

Beach House already doing their own gig in Iveagh gardens the Saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Here's the full poster from the UK Longitude - same name and weekend, there has to be some sort of link. Who would you like added to the Irish event from that lineup?
    Disclosure
    Beth Orton
    Japandroids
    Friends
    Purity Ring

sweetie wrote: »
    from previous years, the music is on Fri-Sun.
    don't know what they had on Thursday in previous years, but the day/times breakdown matched their poster, so would guess the columns this year are Friday, Saturday, Sunday too.

http://www.virtualfestivals.com/latest/news/13070

http://iainsinclair.org.uk/wp/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/latitude-2012-poster.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Loads of acts I'd love to see at Latitude, might head over to the U.K to see it, unless Longitutde announce some impressive sub-liners and maybe one more biggie in April.

Would love to see Bloc Party, Daughter, Rhye, I am Kloot, Alt-, Beach House, The 1975, to name a view.. that's on top of acts that will be playing in Longtitude also, Foals etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

Loads of acts I'd love to see at Latitude, might head over to the U.K to see it, unless Longitutde announce some impressive sub-liners and maybe one more biggie in April.

Would love to see Bloc Party, Daughter, Rhye, I am Kloot, Alt-, Beach House, The 1975, to name a view.. that's on top of acts that will be playing in Longtitude also, Foals etc.

Bloc Party are playing Latitude in England on the first day of Longitude (19th) so whether they'd play here is a moot point. They played two gigs here very recently after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Oleg Luzhny

I was talking to Lianne La Havas' band (and Lianne) after their gig in the Olympia a few weeks ago and her drummer was talking to us about what festivals they were doing this summer and he mentioned Longitude. And then some other guy, perhaps her tour manager, joined the conversation and said that they were in talks with Longitude and he seemed fairly confident that it would happen.

And I know many people in these threads say they "know" someone or "hear" things but that's the truth. I ain't one to lie. And neither do I see the point in making up rumours and posting them in one of these threads. :)

And I hope she's plays too, she's amazing live. One of the best gigs I've ever been to. And it would mean that there would be at least three acts that I'd like to see at Longitude (the others being Jessie Ware and AlunaGeorge). If they all somehow ended playing on the same day, that'd be great, I'd definitely go then.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Bloc Party are playing Latitude in England on the first day of Longitude (19th) so whether they'd play here is a moot point. They played two gigs here very recently after all.

Oh yeah I know, just talking generally

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Royal Seahawk

Website about it is very sparse, what day are Kraftwerk playing does anyone know? Defo not missing them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Website about it is very sparse, what day are Kraftwerk playing does anyone know? Defo not missing them.

Sunday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Pity Sbtrkt is a dj set, was one of the best acts at EP last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

what day is jake bugg on?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

what day is jake bugg on?

Splursday

lordgoat wrote: »
    Splursday

Stage times pls.

Stage times pls.

On stage just after eleventyween

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

lordgoat wrote: »
    Splursday

thanks goat :rolleyes:

thanks goat :rolleyes:

no problem :rolleyes:

early bird tickets off sale on Sunday for anyone who hasn't got theirs yet.
    full price tickets on Monday, along with full lineup announcement.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Rastadoyle

early bird tickets off sale on Sunday for anyone who hasn't got theirs yet.
    full price tickets on Monday, along with full lineup announcement.

so will we find out monday what days each acts are playing?

• Advertisement

Rastadoyle wrote: »
    so will we find out monday what days each acts are playing?

Yeah I asked on their facebok ages ago and I think they said they'd give the day splits on the 8th.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Levitate

any idea of when modest mouse or yeah yeah yeahs are playing? would like to get to see them with kraftwerk.

very tight that mcd haven't provided day by day breakdown!

Levitate wrote: »
    any idea of when modest mouse or yeah yeah yeahs are playing? would like to get to see them with kraftwerk.

very tight that mcd haven't provided day by day breakdown!

If you'd bothered to read the thread you'd have answered your own questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Evil Sausage

Day by day breakdown released along with new additions, this just looks better and better

http://twitter.yfrog.com/z/h245mdrj

• Registered Users Posts: 9,199 ✭✭✭maximoose

Maccabees and Local Natives, sign me up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

actually thoguht they would have added a bit more to it - slight disappointment

• Registered Users Posts: 5,494 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

miller82 wrote: »
    actually thoguht they would have added a bit more to it - slight disappointment

Yeah me too. No comedy acts or anything either.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Dazzler0911

Yeah me too. No comedy acts or anything either.

No one's going to this festival to watch comedy, in fairness. Lineup looks beast, Sunday especially.

very happy to see Japandroids and Gold Panda added.
    i'm a bit disappointed too that there wasn't more.
    around 18 acts each day, doesn't really seem like enough for 3 music stages...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 coconutpie

No one's going to this festival to watch comedy, in fairness. Lineup looks beast, Sunday especially.

I'd agree with this but it was a bit of false advertising on previous posters saying that "It's more than just a music festival".

Advertisement