Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 18 Transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Benimar wrote: »
    Looks like I will have to do Fellaini to Yaya tonight, due to the impending price drop.

Why are people so impatient? If everybody held on to see the outcome of Fellainis charge, he wouldn't go down in price, but the sheep mentality forces those who want to wait into a decision 5 days before the next game.

I don't rate Yaya tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭OwlsZat

Looks like I will have to do Fellaini to Yaya tonight, due to the impending price drop.

Why are people so impatient? If everybody held on to see the outcome of Fellainis charge, he wouldn't go down in price, but the sheep mentality forces those who want to wait into a decision 5 days before the next game.

If I decide it's a certainty that Fellani is due a lengthy ban, I will sell if I want. By selling early I'm taking a small risk but am guaranteed to receive full price. If you want to wait it out and decide late so be it. I certainly won't berate you for your alternative approach.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Feckit, I was waiting for AaronBoyce's blog to tell me if I should transfer Fellaini out or not, what's happened to it? Has he fallen foul of an overzealous mod?:mad::(;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

Fizman wrote: »
    What is this 'sheep' mentality? Fellaini is owned by over 1,000,000 people. Only 13,500 have transferred him out so far. That's a little over 1% of his ownership.

If (a very big if) the FA discover they can't charge him on some technicality, do you think any of the 13,500 (it's now 27,000 according to FISO) would like to have kept him?

I don't see the rush to transfer him out until we have more info. Its not as if Bale/Mata/Yaya etc are going up in price.

The 'sheep' mentality is people seeing that Fellaini is being transferred out and deciding they need to do the same to avoid a price drop..which is what actually causes the price drop. Had people held firm until news of a suspension was announced, he wouldn't be going down in price.

OwlsZat wrote: »
    If I decide it's a certainty that Fellani is due a lengthy ban, I will sell if I want. By selling early I'm taking a small risk but am guaranteed to receive full price. If you want to wait it out and decide late so be it. I certainly won't berate you for your alternative approach.

And I have no problem with that at all. I will do the same. All I am saying is that the decision may be 'forced' tonight due to a price drop. Wouldn't you prefer if Fellaini wasn't going to drop and you could wait until later in the week? Maybe see if Mata plays on wednesday/if there is more news on Bale etc.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,236 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Lads, if ye don't think he is getting a minimum 3 game ban then ye are codding yerselves.

I'm keeping an eye on his price and Silva's. If either looks like moving, I'll pull the trigger. YaYa is currently hoovering up all the transfers right now which is protecting Silva's price.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭crazy8

Walcott and Torres ones to watch?
    Both are inconsistent players(Walcott due to fitness/injury) in teams with unreliable performances, worth a gamble?

Thinking of shifting out shawcross too(brought in at 5.2m) looking at his next 5 games: Tottenham, Liverpool(ahem), Southampton, Man City, Chelsea.Will need to bring in a cheap defender(<4.5m), ideas?

Any views on cheap midfielders Garcia(City) at 5m and Anita(Newcastle) at 4.6m? Both played very well at the weekend.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Lads, if ye don't think he is getting a minimum 3 game ban then ye are codding yerselves.

I'm keeping an eye on his price and Silva's. If either looks like moving, I'll pull the trigger. YaYa is currently hoovering up all the transfers right now which is protecting Silva's price.

Oh, agreed. He is gone for 3 games minimum. Be nice to wait on info on Mata/Bale/the Arsenal lads tonight before having to pull the trigger on a replacement though.

According to FISO Fellaini is 98% to a drop and will go down tonight, based on current rate of transfers.

And I have no problem with that at all. I will do the same. All I am saying is that the decision may be 'forced' tonight due to a price drop.

These decisions ultimately determine how good a fantasy player you are. It's the same for everyone so if your "forced" I don't see grounds for complaint. This GW appears to be suiting those that have 2 ft's this week. There is a strong argument for always keeping an extra one rolling in case of injury/suspension.

crazy8 wrote: »
    Both are inconsistent players(Walcott due to fitness/injury) in teams with unreliable performances, worth a gamble?

Hoping Wallcott will play tonight. He is an important player for Arsenal and provides pace to break past Giroud as required. He is also bang in the middle of contract negations and with his club for next year in the balance will very much want to impress. When he plays over the next few weeks I'm expecting points as Arsenal experience some weak opposition.

Torres is also somebody I will be considering. I imagine there is more Spanish being spoken amongst the players with Benitez. Mata and Torres seem to be getting on the same wavelength and I'm hoping they will score well of the coming weeks. Rumour is Roman and him are on good terms, and that a strike partner will be sourced rather than a replacement.

Any views on cheap midfielders Garcia(City) at 5m and Anita(Newcastle) at 4.6m? Both played very well at the weekend.

Garcia is a rotation risk at present. He will probably get more game time when Yaya heads to the ACON, but even then he's a defensive midfield by trade. He doesn't score many, and although he scored the last day I'm not going to bank on one header as grounds for delivering a decent points return.

Anita - not worth considering for me at the moment, better around even in his lowly price bracket.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Im done with Fellaini, ive brought him in 4 times this season and every time ive regretted it. He just never works out for me.

Transfers for this week
    Fellaini >>> Mata
    Larsson >>> Taarabt

Thinking about Berbatov out for Weimann too

OwlsZat wrote: »
    These decisions ultimately determine how good a fantasy player you are. It's the same for everyone so if your "forced" I don't see grounds for complaint. This GW appears to be suiting those that have 2 ft's this week. There is a strong argument for always keeping an extra one rolling in case of injury/suspension.

There we will disagree. Good fantasy players base their decisions on as much info as possible.

We know Fellaini is screwed, but there are many unknowns. Will Bale be fit, will Mata play midweek, will Walcott be fit. Be nice to have more insight into this before deciding who to bring in. The reason I'm leaning towards Yaya is that he's the only one I am sure is currently fit and unlikely to be 'rested' at the weekend.

I agree about the two FTs. Unfortunately Bales injury did for my 'spare' one a few weeks back.

There we will disagree. Good fantasy players base their decisions on as much info as possible.

We know Fellaini is screwed, but there are many unknowns..

I didn't say not to use as much data as possible. Rather that the situation faced by each manager will be totally different. How you deal with yours will determine how you are playing. Some people have decided there are enough knowns to make a decision with respect to the players they have etc.,

Regardless not much point in complaining it's the same for everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,333 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

I see a number of people actually considering bringing in Taarabt. Smacks of knee-jerk decision making after one good game to me, but each to their own.

However, if people are looking a cheaper midfielder, I would highly recommend a player I have had since the start, Wigans Shaun Maloney. As the fifth midfielder in a team he has been fantastic for me. I haven't always taken advantage of his points as he is usually on the bench, but almost every time he has come into my team he has brought a goal or an assist. Even this week, just back after injury he got another goal.

You could do a lot worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

FutureGuy wrote: »

The issue, is when the ban starts for me. If i can get one more week out of him then happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Thinking of shifting out shawcross too(brought in at 5.2m) looking at his next 5 games: Tottenham, Liverpool(ahem), Southampton, Man City, Chelsea.Will need to bring in a cheap defender(<4.5m), ideas?

wouldnt go near either of them to be honest puncheon probably the best value cheap mid at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Too many going for YaYa for my liking, thinking of changing now. What would ye think of Nasri, is his injury serious at all, he's a fabulous player who seems to be finding a little bit of form, he can score and assist regularly if he's in the team.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Feckit, I was waiting for AaronBoyce's blog to tell me if I should transfer Fellaini out or not, what's happened to it? Has he fallen foul of an overzealous mod?:mad::(;)

Apparently this week he will be reviewing Donegal's run to All Ireland success.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Mr Whirly

kennyb3 wrote: »
    The issue, is when the ban starts for me. If i can get one more week out of him then happy days.

Ban starts this Saturday against West Ham.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Too many going for YaYa for my liking, thinking of changing now. What would ye think of Nasri, is his injury serious at all, he's a fabulous player who seems to be finding a little bit of form, he can score and assist regularly if he's in the team.
    YaYa will start all games over xmas and you will make a tidy profit before you can offload with the jan wildcard though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,153 ✭✭✭Invincible

3 game ban for Fellani.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Puncheon in for Felliani for me this week

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭NN215

3 game ban is not so bad for fellaini. thought it would be 9.
    Does majority of the people would sell , or keep him ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

NN215 wrote: »

I think it depends on what price you got him at, I will get 7.6 if I sell so I probably will as I expect his price to drop by close to that over the ban. If I had him since the first few weeks Id probably hold off if I had confidence in my subs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

Gareth McAuley is set to go down in price soon. Strange considering West Brom had a clean sheet at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Just got Mata and Nelsen(QPR) in for Fellaini and Rafael.
    Had a shíte week this week, but thats the first bad week I have had in about 7 or 8. Overall I am fairly happy enough with my squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭amber69

NN215 wrote: »
    Buy low sell high. I'll sell for a .2 profit and bring him back if needed. No points sitting on the bench.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭richieffff

Would Fellaini to Bale be too risky, he's down to 75% chance of playing? If not I may just go with Mata (Have Arsenal cover already)

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭amber69

richieffff wrote: »
    Would Fellaini to Bale be too risky, he's down to 75% chance of playing? If not I may just go with Mata (Have Arsenal cover already)
    Yes I'd like to see him play a full game first

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭richieffff

amber69 wrote: »
    Yes I'd like to see him play a full game first

Cheers, Mata it is then

Advertisement