Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 18 Transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,187 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Bale is dropping again tonight. What's everybody here doing with him? I think I'll keep him, any idea if he's fit for their next game.

no word yet.

the Stoke game was the game penciled in for his return a couple of weeks back.

we'll only know for sure later in the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Bale is dropping but if Fellaini is due a big ban then it will have to be him. Thing is though, will the ban take effect immediately?

Apparently Bale should be fit this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

Dempsey wrote: »
    Was going to get rid of Berbatov for Benteke but Fellaini is now the priority as he will get a 3 match ban.
    Dunno who to get as a replacement, will have 7.8 to spend. Have Bale, Mata, Michu & Nolan.

Thoughts

walters of duff ??

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

FutureGuy wrote: »

AFAIK, you only go down by 0.1m if 10% of a players ownership sells him on a given gameweek.

Regardless, I'm shpping him for Silva this week.

yeah, wanted to get Silva in myself this week. for Caz. NEED some city coverage this week. might possibly swap out Rooney (who i just got) for Tevez. and upgrade Fell to Silva. for a hit. though with a bit of luck those 2 would make up for the -4. i can see city knocking 4-5 past reading

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

When will Chelsea have their extra game?

• Advertisement

i know i joked earlier, but i am leaning towards bringing in Silva.

i might double up this week on City this week as I already have Tevez, then i've the option of then shipping out Tevez, or keeping the 2 and sorting my defence out.

Fellaini's impending ban has forced my hand though, as i may well have brought in a City defender instead this week. still could.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭G1032

I have a strikeforce of Ba RVP and Suarez.
    I will get 7.5 for selling Fellaini.
    I have 1.9 in the bank. This leaves me 0.1 short for a Fellaini - Mata swap.
    So I was thinking of selling Ba and Fellaini and getting in Torres and Taarabt? Good idea or bad?
    Who else to get for Fellaini? Already have Silva, Santi, Sterling and Michu. Dont want to buy Bale.

G1032 wrote: »
    I have a strikeforce of Ba RVP and Suarez.
    I will get 7.5 for selling Fellaini.
    I have 1.9 in the bank. This leaves me 0.1 short for a Fellaini - Mata swap.
    So I was thinking of selling Ba and Fellaini and getting in Torres and Taarabt? Good idea or bad?
    Who else to get for Fellaini? Already have Silva, Santi, Sterling and Michu. Dont want to buy Bale.

i'm not sure selling Ba for Torres is wise.

Ba is prolific, and Newcastle's main goal threat. Torres is not, and Chelsea are sharing the goals.

Taarabt is a good call though. i think, under Harry, he may well thrive, and he will play every game. looking at the game at the weekend, he's just been given a licence to sit behind the striker, do his thing, and shoot on sight.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,694 ✭✭✭✭dahat

SlickRic wrote: »
    Taarabt is a good call though. i think, under Harry, he may well thrive, and he will play every game. looking at the game at the weekend, he's just been given a licence to sit behind the striker, do his thing, and shoot on sight.

Taarabt to me is the ideal replacement for Sterling given the funds,if he will play every game in the role he played Sat he is ideal..
    Trying to find funds for him now is another thing,short a few quid for it......

Depending on how long Fellaini is out for, I'm considering:

Out: Fellaini & Riise
    In: Mata & Sagna

2 free transfers. That'd leave me with the following and 0.1m in the bank:

Beg/Jaask
    Clark Enrique Sagna Cuellar Shawcross
    Mata Dempsey Michu Cazorla Puncheon
    RVP Ba Berbatov

Alternatively there's Silva instead of Mata.

• Advertisement

dahat wrote: »

Taarabt to me is the ideal replacement for Sterling given the funds,if he will play every game in the role he played Sat he is ideal..
    Trying to find funds for him now is another thing,short a few quid for it......

i thought about it, but given his fixtures, and being one yellow away from a ban, i decided against

Dónal wrote: »
    Depending on how long Fellaini is out for, I'm considering:

Out: Fellaini & Riise
    In: Mata & Sagna

2 free transfers. That'd leave me with the following and 0.1m in the bank:

Beg/Jaask
    Clark Enrique Sagna Cuellar Shawcross
    Mata Dempsey Michu Cazorla Puncheon
    RVP Ba Berbatov

Riise has some very nice fixtures coming up though. Good chance for attacking returns as well as cs. If you could downgrade Cuellar instead that would be better i think

• Registered Users Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I hereby declare that I now hold a fantasy football grudge towards anyone who has said in this thread that they've already transferred out Fellaini.

manual_man wrote: »
    i thought about it, but given his fixtures, and being one yellow away from a ban, i decided against

His fixtures aren't great but he is liable to do anything in a game,His ban does not bother me too much as it is only 1 game and he is unlikely to be a starter anyway.
    Sterling is going to get 2/3 games at least out so he is more useless than Taarbat who will only get 1 game! Crap logic but ya get my point.

Looking at my team i am likely to get him in for A.Johnson and then i will have a little more to upgrade Sterling,6.7 million

S.M.B. wrote: »
    I hereby declare that I now hold a fantasy football grudge towards anyone who has said in this thread that they've already transferred out Fellaini.

Why?

Why?

because it's making his price drop I'd have thought while those who are being pragmatic, wait to see what happens to him and when.

His fixtures aren't great but he is liable to do anything in a game,His ban does not bother me too much as it is only 1 game and he is unlikely to be a starter anyway.
    Sterling is going to get 2/3 games at least out so he is more useless than Taarbat who will only get 1 game! Crap logic but ya get my point.

Looking at my team i am likely to get him in for A.Johnson and then i will have a little more to upgrade Sterling,6.7 million

forgot about Sterling. read today Rogers plans to rest him and Allen. i'd say that might be just for one game though, give them a breather, he can't afford any more with the busy schedule, he knows that

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Is there anywhere to check what price you originally paid for a player?

because it's making his price drop I'd have thought while those who are being pragmatic, wait to see what happens to him and when.

If he gets 4 games he will not only drop but plummet,i didn't wait,got in Silva for him but used up all bar.3 of my kitty.
    Hoping that City run riot v Reading now

keane2097 wrote: »
    Is there anywhere to check what price you originally paid for a player?

Transfers tab then Data view

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Has he dropped yet? I'm also holding off for now, though I'm not sure why - the inevitable will happen. I'll be bringing in Yaya, as I can't afford Mata or Silva.

Berbatov is getting one more week - strongly considering Benteke. I'd be closer to pulling the trigger if they weren't away to Chelsea this GW.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 ah1981

Looking to make a few transfers before the busy Xmas period. I am thinking of moving Berba on as he has been on 2 points for the last 3 games. Now I am afraid if I do, he'll come along and score a hat trick! I am looking at Benteke, especially after this weekend I think he would be a good investment. will also free up some funds.

Kevin Nolan is gone quiet lately and McCartney is injured...was thinking of shipping them out - any likely replacements??

Will also be looking to ship Mignolet out further down the line. Maybe Begovic which brings me to 3 Stoke players..

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭BroLo

Any idea when news on Fellaini will be out officially?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭basillarkin

Don't know if this was posted up already but looks like Sterling is going to be rested, link here: http://www.irishtimes.com/sports/soccer/2012/1217/1224327946418.html

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Has anyone considered Ashley Young? 8.2 million and has returned 5 in his last three games.

Unlucky to have his goal against City disallowed as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭basillarkin

Lemlin wrote: »
    Has anyone considered Ashley Young? 8.2 million and has returned 5 in his last three games.

With Nani out he is certain to play more over the Xmas period but im not going to chance him especially with Kagawa coming back into the fold soon

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Lemlin wrote: »

Yes.

But the thing holding me back is the amount of mids united have. I really want, where possible, to have players that play every game, and I think there's a good chance Young won't play a couple of games over the next few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,111 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

I couldn't afford to wait anyway, his last price rise was needed to afford Yaya, if he goes down by even .1 then I wouldn't have been able to afford it. When are the players leaving for the AN Cup btw? Think that'll be my wildcard threshold.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

Looks like I will have to do Fellaini to Yaya tonight, due to the impending price drop.

Why are people so impatient? If everybody held on to see the outcome of Fellainis charge, he wouldn't go down in price, but the sheep mentality forces those who want to wait into a decision 5 days before the next game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Benimar wrote: »
    Looks like I will have to do Fellaini to Yaya tonight, due to the impending price drop.

Why are people so impatient? If everybody held on to see the outcome of Fellainis charge, he wouldn't go down in price, but the sheep mentality forces those who want to wait into a decision 5 days before the next game.

What is this 'sheep' mentality? Fellaini is owned by over 1,000,000 people. Only 13,500 have transferred him out so far. That's a little over 1% of his ownership.

Advertisement