Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 18 Transfers

Options
15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭basillarkin

I have Suarez now for the last 5 weeks and he hasn't done much for me, I'm getting pissed off having a £10m player not scoring, his 2nd last week in my team regardless what he does going to bring in Bale and another striker.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

Santi101 wrote: »
    Torres is still muck in my view, watch him closely at Leeds and he's falling over the ball constantly. Finally scored a tap-in when Hazard unselfishly rolled it to him.

I wouldnt want him tbh, Suarez has cooled down in recent weeks but he'll score again no doubt, better player overall for me.

them tap-ins are better than suarez blasting the ball wide every game, and he'll keep them scores up imo with his confidence back playing under benitez and with all that supply from mata/hazard etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Santi101

I have Suarez now for the last 5 weeks and he hasn't done much for me, I'm getting pissed off having a £10m player not scoring, his 2nd last week in my team regardless what he does going to bring in Bale and another striker.

Yeah must be disappointing in that sense, 4 games without a goal for Suarez but he's been gold before that.

Torres' goals vs Sunderland were his first PL goals in 2 months. I think the man is still a clown tbh and clearly a shadow of his old self. Hoping for a Villa shut-out at Chelsea on Sunday and nothing for Torres, Mata, Hazard.

As a Villa fan, I can't see us keeping a clean sheet, fancy a 1-1 draw, with Mata and Benteke to score

Think Chelsea will win tbh, but you never know, they've played a decent amount of football recently so it might catch up soon.

• Advertisement

You could be right, Mata is a class act, a must in a FF team imo. Chelsea have played loads of football lately and fatigue is bound to be an issue, Villa have improved at the back and hopefully they bring that confidence to Stamford Bridge on Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 13,109 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

This whole Fellaini getting a three match ban has arsed things up for me add in few injurys to!!

Need some advice on this as its wrecking my head :pac: This is what ive got at the minute.

Jaaskelainen / Begovic
    Rangel Bassong Baines Rafael / Demel
    Michu Nolan Fellaini / Kacaniklic Guthrie
    Ba Tevez Van Persie

One free transfer and 1.4 in the bank. Any ideas ???

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

This whole Fellaini getting a three match ban has arsed things up for me add in few injurys to!!

Need some advice on this as its wrecking my head :pac: This is what ive got at the minute.

Jaaskelainen / Begovic
    Rangel Bassong Baines Rafael / Demel
    Michu Nolan Fellaini / Kacaniklic Guthrie
    Ba Tevez Van Persie

One free transfer and 1.4 in the bank. Any ideas ???

i wouldn't take any risks i'd get in a defender sell either rafael or rangel and get in a replacement for fellaini

manual_man wrote: »
    i wouldn't take any risks i'd get in a defender sell either rafael or rangel and get in a replacement for fellaini

Thats what i was planning on doing man just really unsure who to put in that would be worth it. I was thinking an Arsenal player but no boxing day match. Then taught mata but that leaves me with only 4.3 for a defender if i sell Rangel or 5.6 if i sell Raf which i was hoping i wouldnt have to........
    Would Yaya Toure and Shawcross instead of Fellini and Rangel work i wonder?.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

Thats what i was planning on doing man just really unsure who to put in that would be worth it. I was thinking an Arsenal player but no boxing day match. Then taught mata but that leaves me with only 4.3 for a defender if i sell Rangel or 5.6 if i sell Raf which i was hoping i wouldnt have to........
    Would Yaya Toure and Shawcross instead of Fellini and Rangel work i wonder?.

shawcross/stoke have a horrible run of fixtures

• Advertisement

mata's a great player but chelsea's fixtures aren't actually that great for the next while... silva is another option. then you can get a def for 4.4 and there's actually plenty of good options for that price - baird, clark both have a nice run of fixtures, though starting next week

The stress of this game haha. Ok i could go with Silva but to be honest he general play has been good this season of late but he aint getting results as of yet. And Villa have Chelsea and Spurs up next. The thing with Shawcross was Stoke have become very hard to break down and he is the top point scoring defender in the league attacking wise he aint the worst either. Mata also i would be confident could outscore Silva. Yaya also has 2 in his last 2 games.

The stress of this game haha. Ok i could go with Silva but to be honest he general play has been good this season of late but he aint getting results as of yet. And Villa have Chelsea and Spurs up next. The thing with Shawcross was Stoke have become very hard to break down and he is the top point scoring defender in the league attacking wise he is good also. Mata also i would be confident could outscore Silva. Yaya also has 2 in his last 2 games.

think about it. silva could rack you up a huge score in this week alone. baird has 3 out of 4 at home starting next week. AND he's playing in midfield

manual_man wrote: »
    think about it. silva could rack you up a huge score in this week alone. baird has 3 out of 4 at home starting next week. AND he's playing in midfield

Didnt know till now he was playing in Midfield interesting.... Being in and out the team though is an issue. Im thinking maybe going with Clyne cheaper sure to play attacking option and slightly better fixtures. Frees up some more cash as well for other options down the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭RB100

selling fellaini for either

YAYA
    or
    PIENAAR

which one tho? help appreciated.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 187 ✭✭supackofidiots

took a 12 point hit.
    fellainim rafael, rooney, sessegnon out.
    torres, yaya, zaba, silva in.
    backing big on chelsea and city.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Steel Dog

took a 12 point hit.
    :eek: :eek: :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭amber69

took a 12 point hit.
    Madness I tell you madness. Games coming thick and fast. You might need a points hit in the next couple of weeks, are you in a money league or playing for fun? Rooney could be a big hitter over xmas until your wildcard

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 187 ✭✭supackofidiots

playing for fun, but playing to win.
    249th spot in the boards league
    892 points to date.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,668 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Jammie01 wrote: »
    Last minute panic, should I...

a) sell fellaini for puncheon/taarabt
    b) wait and have 2FT next GW and ship Walcott out for Bale/Mata
    c) get rid of cuellar for another defender?

Fellani for a City player,Yaya maybe?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Jammie01

Last minute panic, have

Jussy Begovic
    Cuellar, Hughes, Clark, Clyne, Cameron
    Michu, Walcott, Silva, Snodgrass, Fellaini
    Rooney, RVP, Le Fondre

Should I...
    a) sell fellaini for puncheon/taarabt/pienaar
    b) wait and have 2FT next GW and ship Walcott out for Bale/Mata
    c) get rid of cuellar for another defender?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Jammie01

Haven't got enough for yaya, only getting 7.4 for fellaini and 0.5 in the bank! :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

brought in yaya and making him captain!

If you have yaya, you might want to bench him now. He's guaranteed to be sent off!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Just got in Silva and Berbatov. Haven't a clue what I'm doing. Just want to pack to go home at this stage.

took a 12 point hit.

Wow, that's crazy stuff mate. No need for BOTH Silva and Yaya imo, keeping Rooney is a must at this stage too\\

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭TheEscapist

This week was Long>Ba and Fellaini>Puncheon with 1.9 in the bank. Probably have to take points hit next GW though.

Advertisement