Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 18 Transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

An eight point hit two weeks before the January wildcard becomes available. Sorry, but that's just dumb.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭q2ice

An eight point hit two weeks before the January wildcard becomes available. Sorry, but that's just dumb.

Please elaborate. It may be two weeks before the January wild card but that is two weeks where I have two big players who aren't bringing in any points.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

q2ice wrote: »

Fellaini (assuming suspension is given and takes affect immediately) and Ben Arfa would bring in zero points. Fletcher may play the full game which is 2 points.
    I think that the three players brought in will each play 60 minutes which is 6 points.

This means that I need one of the three to score to wipe out the points hit.

Not to be pedantic, but you've got to factor in the points that any subs would get who would come in for Fellaini and BArfa. This is really what makes all the difference. Cos if you have some subs that play regularly, and have even an outside chance of scoring some points, I'm not sure if an 8 point hit is worth it.

Also, agree with the person who mentioned that keeping Fletch for one more week is a good idea. I wouldn't transfer Torres in for Fletch for a hit this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭q2ice

Just for the sake of it, heres the team

?di=1213557151913

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

I heard a rumour today,now I dont know if its true or not, that Fellaini got himself banned intentionally as he heard roryc transferred him in last week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,191 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

with so many injuries, and a ban, up in the air, i don't understand why anyone is making any transfers yet.

madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Was going to get rid of Berbatov for Benteke but Fellaini is now the priority as he will get a 3 match ban.
    Dunno who to get as a replacement, will have 7.8 to spend. Have Bale, Mata, Michu & Nolan.

Thoughts

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭stephen_k

Quick question lads, can anyone explain why, when I go to transfer Fellani out, having bought him for 7.6 and he is valued now at 8 why I only get 7.6??

sXzI5.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 18,524 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Getting rid of Fellani is just crazy in my opinion, particularly if you have him since near the start of the season.
    Yeah. he'll get a ban for a few weeks, probably through till mid JAN but surely upgrading a "sub" in the meantime is a better option.
    You will want to get Fellani in when he comes back and that has to be factored into any decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

dahat wrote: »
    Fellani is cooked,3 game minimum ban on the way,all depends when it will start

I've no idea what this is about but can't say I'm in any way surprised.

Recent transfers

Baines - Goes on worst run of the season until the exact week I get rid of him
    Bale - gets injured immediately
    Enrique - gets injured
    Azpilicueta - Scores 1 point then gets dropped
    Fellaini - Scoring run ends immediately when I buy him and now he appears to be getting banned

I'm planning on bringing in Silva this week. If I was him I'd be worried.

• Advertisement

roryc wrote: »
    I'm planning on bringing in Silva this week. If I was him I'd be worried.

it was him or Mata for me.

thanks for making my decision for me.

Mata it is.

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭BroLo

Thinking of just benching Fellaini until he's back. If I sell him I probably won't be able to buy him back, and don't have enough in the bank to upgrade him to Mata.

With that in mind, I'm thinking Enrique to Shawcross and Noble to Puncheon (2 FT).

Enrique is back to LB as far as I remember so his "amazing" value that I bought him for is pretty much gone, and Shawcross is a good one for picking up the BPs.

Debating the Noble to Puncheon move, so can anyone else weigh in and gimme a hand?

Team is:
    Schwarzer/Jussi

Gibbs/Enrique/Shorey(occassional assists through corners etc, so decent for a bench warmer)/Ceullar/Reid

Bale/Michu/Fellaini/Sterling/Noble

RVP/Tevez/Ba

What's the latest on Bale/Enrique, and does anyone know why Rafael didn't play and Fletcher only played a half?

Could barely field 11 this week and looks like next week will be the same...

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭amber69

BroLo wrote: »
    Thinking of just benching Fellaini until he's back. If I sell him I probably won't be able to buy him back, and don't have enough in the bank to upgrade him to Mata.

With that in mind, I'm thinking Enrique to Shawcross and Noble to Puncheon (2 FT).

Enrique is back to LB as far as I remember so his "amazing" value that I bought him for is pretty much gone, and Shawcross is a good one for picking up the BPs.

Debating the Noble to Puncheon move, so can anyone else weigh in and gimme a hand?

Team is:
    Schwarzer/Jussi

Gibbs/Enrique/Shorey(occassional assists through corners etc, so decent for a bench warmer)/Ceullar/Reid

Bale/Michu/Fellaini/Sterling/Noble

RVP/Tevez/Ba
    Stoke heading into tough fixtures. Puncheon yes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Santi101

Stoke's next 3 are away to Spurs and then home to Liverpool and Southampton.

Not too bad if you ask me. Maybe a narrow loss at Spurs, but I'd expect them to get at least 4 pts in the home games.

City away after that is tough, then Chelsea at the Britannia where they are tough to beat. I'll be keeping Begovic and Shawcross for the season tbh, both have been gold for me

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭amber69

Santi101 wrote: »
    Stoke's next 3 are away to Spurs and then home to Liverpool and Southampton.

Not too bad if you ask me. Maybe a narrow loss at Spurs, but I'd expect them to get at least 4 pts in the home games.

City away after that is tough, then Chelsea at the Britannia where they are tough to beat. I'll be keeping Begovic and Shawcross for the season tbh, both have been gold for me

I've also got both and will keep them but I wouldn't buy them at their current prices with those fixtures

True.,

Any cheap value keepers around atm? I have Begovic and Jussi which I'm happy with but may have to downgrade Jussi to raise cash, even if its only a 0.5m. Was looking at Guzan possibly, maybe that Bunn for Norwich is worth a go but Norwich have some tough games coming up.

Also Sterling could be out.

Brendan Rodgers reckons Joe Allen and Raheem Sterling are in need of a rest http://goo.gl/InIEL

I could REALLY use a wildcard right about now...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,236 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

What's the latest on Bale/Enrique, and does anyone know why Rafael didn't play and Fletcher only played a half?

Could barely field 11 this week and looks like next week will be the same...

Bale and Enrique should be back next week, Enrique for certain accourding to Rogers.

Rafael tight hamstring and Fletchers injury caught up with him I think.

Might move Sterling on soon enough alright, thinking Puncheon or Schneiderlinn.

• Advertisement

I expect Felliani to get a 4 match ban for his Afroattak (TM).

The next 4 games are Prem games and they then have an FA Cup match with Cheltenham. There is no way that Everton are going to appeal the decision.

So Felliani WILL drop down in price, but perhaps not as quickly as we might expect. He has such a huge ownership, and given the fact that the next 4 gamwweeks come and go so quickly, he may not have the reqiuired amount of transfers out in order to activate a price drop.

He is 8.0 and I can sell him for 7.6. he will go down by probably 0.2-0.3 over the next 4 gameweeks so I can easily bring him back in.

Cheers.

So what actually happened with Fellaini, he seems to have played the full 90 minutes. Is he definitely getting a ban?

q2ice wrote: »
    Cant believe I'm doing this but I am going to take an 8 point hit. Taking points points hits is generally not a good idea but I rationalized it out and this seems to be a good reason to take a hit (or else my rationalization is incorrect)

Took out:
    Fletcher (has been frustrating lately and the next three games do not look good)
    Ben Arfa (expected back from injury on Jan 5th. He has been frustrating lately with injuries and I've lost patience. Main reason is the absence over the Christmas games)
    Fellaini (it hasn't been confirmed yet but I fully expect him to get a 3 match ban)

Brought in:
    Torres (his form has improved a lot lately and until the January window opens he is a guaranteed starter, barring injury. His price has gone down to 9.4 and I can see a lot of people bringing him in this week which will push his price up)
    Yaya Toure (he is another player who looks more improved FF-wise lately and City are on a good run of games. He is going up in price tomorrow night. There had been 6k transfers in in the last 3 hours alone. Also, shocking on my part but I don't have any city coverage so this would take care of that.)
    Duff (his next game is Liverpool away but after that he has saints and Swansea at home. Call it optimism but I can see him getting something from those games. This was with a budget of 6 million. On afterthought, Taarabt would have probably been the better option given QPRs resurgence but I had the transfer confirmed before I realized it)

I had one free transfer and the above meant that I gained 0.1 million.

Fellaini (assuming suspension is given and takes affect immediately) and Ben Arfa would bring in zero points. Fletcher may play the full game which is 2 points.
    I think that the three players brought in will each play 60 minutes which is 6 points.

This means that I need one of the three to score to wipe out the points hit.

Bottom line is that taking a points hit is a pure gamble. Knowing if will pay off or not can only be seen after the weekend matches.
    There are enough posts saying that point hits are bad and shouldn't be taken. This post is to put forward a viewpoint on why taking a points hit may be a good idea.

Hell of a time to gamble though. If it doesn't work out then it will definitely mean getting knocked out of the cup. Although that may not be a bad thing.

Firstly, screw the cup. It's not with your time. Secondly, that 8 point his is well worth it. You have gotten rid off alot of the deadwood right before the buzy period. Yaya is on a mini-run and has Reading next, Torres will stat every game and is a great differential, and I strongly considered Duff myself. I'd spend my transfers getting rid of Baines and Kaka over the next two weeks. Guaranteed starters with good fixtures is the order of the day. You need Arsenal and Spurs attacking cover.

@Rory, headbutted Shawcross, not spotted by the reff. Then later he jabbed him with his head again followed by his elbow. He'll definately get 3 games, and might get an extra one for being banned already.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Cheers.

So what actually happened with Fellaini, he seems to have played the full 90 minutes. Is he definitely getting a ban?

well he headbutted Shawcross, elbowed him, and put his hand in his face, and amazingly the ref or assistants failed to notice even one. The Guardian suggested a 9 game ban, but the general consensus seems to be anywhere between 3-6 games. The FA should release a statement soon

manual_man wrote: »
    well he headbutted Shawcross, elbowed him, and put his hand in his face, and amazingly the ref or assistants failed to notice even one. The Guardian suggested a 9 game ban, but the general consensus seems to be anywhere between 3-6 games. The FA should release a statement soon

I'm actually hoping he gets a 5-6 match ban myself. He was an absolute disgrace. I cannot believe none of the officials spotted even one!

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I expect Felliani to get a 4 match ban for his Afroattak (TM).

The next 4 games are Prem games and they then have an FA Cup match with Cheltenham. There is no way that Everton are going to appeal the decision.

So Felliani WILL drop down in price, but perhaps not as quickly as we might expect. He has such a huge ownership, and given the fact that the next 4 gamwweeks come and go so quickly, he may not have the reqiuired amount of transfers out in order to activate a price drop.

He is 8.0 and I can sell him for 7.6. he will go down by probably 0.2-0.3 over the next 4 gameweeks so I can easily bring him back in.

if it's three games or more he'll definitely go down more than that. quicker gameweeks, but that just means more transfers done in quick succession. i can see him going down minimum 0.5

i'm in the exact same position, and i, honestly, was thinking the exact same thing.

I'm actually hoping he gets a 5-6 match ban myself. He was an absolute disgrace. I cannot believe none of the officials spotted even one!

i know, it's absolute madness... you can be sure the 4th officials were privy to some of it, but we all know they're there to run a few yards left and right and do nothing :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,127 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Bale is dropping again tonight. What's everybody here doing with him? I think I'll keep him, any idea if he's fit for their next game.

• Advertisement

manual_man wrote: »
    if it's three games or more he'll definitely go down more than that. quicker gameweeks, but that just means more transfers done in quick succession. i can see him going down minimum 0.5

AFAIK, you only go down by 0.1m if 10% of a players ownership sells him on a given gameweek.

Regardless, I'm shpping him for Silva this week.

Advertisement