Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 18 Transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Had a shocker but half expecting it. 2 f/t this week. who are the must haves?

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Skippy44

honeybear wrote: »
    Had a shocker but half expecting it. 2 f/t this week. who are the must haves?

Without seeing your team I can't say for sure but one of Mata/Hazard/ or (God forgive me) Torres should be advantageous. Giroud may profit if Arsenal profit from their good fixtures and if Gervinho ever makes a correct decision. I'm a Walcott fan too but he is struggling for fitness. Aguero looks hungry. Not a must have but Adel Taraabt will be integral to any QPR revival that may happen before Harry is let loose with the cheque book in january.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Skippy44 wrote: »

Without seeing your team I can't say for sure but one of Mata/Hazard/ or (God forgive me) Torres should be advantageous. Giroud may profit if Arsenal profit from their good fixtures and if Gervinho ever makes a correct decision. I'm a Walcott fan too but he is struggling for fitness. Aguero looks hungry. Not a must have but Adel Taraabt will be integral to any QPR revival that may happen before Harry is let loose with the cheque book in january.

2 embarrassed to post this bunch last night!
    Federici begovic
    Rafael mertesacker Enrique cuellar shorey
    Bale Fellaini sessegnon sterling michu
    Suarez ba tevez
    Have lots of concerns:
    3 pool players (not even a fan of them!)
    No rvp (arsenal fan being stubborn)
    Etc. etc. etc.

Thinking of selling Fellaini & tevez.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Rarely do early transfers but was gonna lose .1 on Sess. He done his job quite nicely with 25 points in 3 games. Swapped him out for Silva so I could have enough to get Bale in for Fellaini. Liking my front 8 after this week. Michu, Silva, Mata, Bale, Puncheon, Ba, RVP, Suarez.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

Think I'm looking at a 4 point hit.

Will have to get rid of Fellaini, but only have 0.2 in the bank.

Baines to Nastasic allows me to do Fellaini to Mata/Bale.

Cue a Baines goal and CS :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

I think I'm going to have to take a 4 point hit this week, i've been trying to get rid of crouch for ages and i always have another transfer i need to do first, in that time he's dropped half a million. shoulda just took the 4 point hit at the start.

I was going to do it this week but now need to get rid of fellaini so i'm thinking

crouch and fellaini for benteke and mata/bale

or crouch and fellaini to torres and a 6.7 or cheaper mid (pilkington/puncheon/snodgrass/pienaar)

i'll almost certainly do the first one unless torres does something sensational in this final now in a few minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,668 ✭✭✭✭dahat

To sell Fellani will cost me 4 points,in two minds whether to do it or not?

It will be Silva i get in to have him and Tevez for the Reading game,Silva will be a long term fix i reckon so it can be justified i think........????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

fellaini won't get banned straight away though will he?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

dahat wrote: »
    To sell Fellani will cost me 4 points,in two minds whether to do it or not?

It will be Silva i get in to have him and Tevez for the Reading game,Silva will be a long term fix i reckon so it can be justified i think........????

Fellaini will be gone for 3 games minimum. A long time to hold him. I have the same problem and I'm going to sell.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Its gonna cost me a fortune to sell Fellaini assuming I'll be bringing him back, I've had him since week 3, I won't go without a premium midfielder for 3 games though. I'll likely replace him with YaYa, similar enough price and a regular point scorer facing into a nice run of games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

^ He'll surely come down 0.2 or even 0.3 though if he gets a three-game ban. He's only risen that much since I've gotten him in, so I reckon I'll transfer him out.

Considering Berbatov to Benteke, but I'm feeling stubborn. I got Berbs after his subhuman performance against Arsenal and has done bugger all since, so I'm still searching for vindication for bringing him in. Fulham probably have better fixtures than Villa over the next 5-6, but Villa look to be hitting some form.

fellaini > yaya
    simpson > nastasic

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

I'm going to wait until tomorrow morning for news on Fellani.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

^ He'll surely come down 0.2 or even 0.3 though if he gets a three-game ban. He's only risen that much since I've gotten him in, so I reckon I'll transfer him out.

Considering Berbatov to Benteke, but I'm feeling stubborn. I got Berbs after his subhuman performance against Arsenal and has done bugger all since, so I'm still searching for vindication for bringing him in. Fulham probably have better fixtures than Villa over the next 5-6, but Villa look to be hitting some form.

I'm thinking of sticking with Berbatov for the long haul, presume he was poor yesterday, I haven't seen any highlights yet but he was superb last week and in the games before that, when he starts scoring and assisting again there could be no stopping him, he's such a good player that anything could happen.

Did you mean "Superhuman"?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭qwabercd

titan18 wrote: »

I have 2.7m in the bank so have the room to go up, and if he continues on from his last game, it'd be decent. There's no one really in the high price ranges (have RVP, Tevez and Cazorla already, and have sold Hazard) in either midfielders or forwards who are automatic buys atm either so might as well roll the dice with Torres

Personally i'd go for benteke up front and fit mata into midfield. Or even silva.

I got rid of enrique before his price drop and brought in mertesacker. 3 liverpool players is too many. Will get rid of mert with next Wc. My second ft i planned to get rid of sess but will niw probably have to be fellaini --> mata/silva. Probably the latter but mata will come in soon. Badly need to get rid of santon and demel but always seem to prioritise other transfers.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,040 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Have to shift Fellaini and think im giving up on Fletcher too. Would Yaya and Benteke be a decent change to make? Or maybe Ba and Taarbabt?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,081 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Damn thought I was being smart with the Fellaini to yaya but everyone else seems to be going for it.

yaya + tevez or mata + benteke until wildcard? :p

these are my other mf/forwards

cazorla bale and michu
    RVP and torres

so either 2 chelsea + an aston villa player OR 2 city and a chelsea player so leaning towards tevez + yaya

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

question: if (and when) Fellaini gets a ban will he be flagged in relation to price drops? would suit me better if i can hold off to next week to get rid of him. can let him go down to 7.9

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Just pulled the trigger on Fellaini to Yaya,I reckon a minimum 3 match ban for the hairy fella considering he also got caught punching Shawcross aswell as the headbutt.

Next problem is who to captain,RVP or Tevez?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Why make that change today before the likely update on the situation tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Why make that change today before the likely update on the situation tomorrow?

I think we all know how it's gonna go,he'll get a ban for violent conduct which will most likely be a minimum 3 games.

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭BroLo

As someone said is there a chance he'll be flagged and his price won't drop?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭OwlsZat

I'm thinking of sticking with Berbatov for the long haul, presume he was poor yesterday, I haven't seen any highlights yet but he was superb last week and in the games before that, when he starts scoring and assisting again there could be no stopping him, he's such a good player that anything could happen.

Did you mean "Superhuman"?

Berbatov no doubt has the class to score well. The problem is Fulham are struggling to create much without Ruiz in the side. Sidewell has tried to compensate, but Berbatov has often had to drop out the pitch to be the provider.

With that in mind, I dropped the axe on him this week. Will get in back in January when Fulham get back up to speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,040 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

14.8m to replace Fellaini and Fletcher and clueless who to bring in. Giroud has 3 decent games coming up but so does Berbatov and Benteke. Have RVP and Defoe already

zerks wrote: »
    I think we all know how it's gonna go,he'll get a ban for violent conduct which will most likely be a minimum 3 games.
    I just don't see any real benefit in making that decision based on what may or may not happen (especially since your target transfer is in no danger of going up tonight). The earlier you make a transfer, the less info you have on the situation.

A lot could happen between now and the end of the week. There may be a 95% chance of Fellaini picking up the 3/4 week suspension during the week but what if City were to release info that Yaya tweaked a hamstring on Saturday?

BroLo wrote: »
    As someone said is there a chance he'll be flagged and his price won't drop?
    You get flagged on return from a suspension/injury and not on getting a suspension/injury.

The system doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,145 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Fellaini to Mata I'd say, depending on the ban.

i may do it anyway.

it's the state of my defence that'd make me think twice if Fellaini isn't banned this week. Jussi and Olsson saved me this week, but i just don't like it.

i'll be waiting to see what happens with Fellaini before doing anything though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭q2ice

Cant believe I'm doing this but I am going to take an 8 point hit. Taking points points hits is generally not a good idea but I rationalized it out and this seems to be a good reason to take a hit (or else my rationalization is incorrect)

Took out:
    Fletcher (has been frustrating lately and the next three games do not look good)
    Ben Arfa (expected back from injury on Jan 5th. He has been frustrating lately with injuries and I've lost patience. Main reason is the absence over the Christmas games)
    Fellaini (it hasn't been confirmed yet but I fully expect him to get a 3 match ban)

Brought in:
    Torres (his form has improved a lot lately and until the January window opens he is a guaranteed starter, barring injury. His price has gone down to 9.4 and I can see a lot of people bringing him in this week which will push his price up)
    Yaya Toure (he is another player who looks more improved FF-wise lately and City are on a good run of games. He is going up in price tomorrow night. There had been 6k transfers in in the last 3 hours alone. Also, shocking on my part but I don't have any city coverage so this would take care of that.)
    Duff (his next game is Liverpool away but after that he has saints and Swansea at home. Call it optimism but I can see him getting something from those games. This was with a budget of 6 million. On afterthought, Taarabt would have probably been the better option given QPRs resurgence but I had the transfer confirmed before I realized it)

I had one free transfer and the above meant that I gained 0.1 million.

Fellaini (assuming suspension is given and takes affect immediately) and Ben Arfa would bring in zero points. Fletcher may play the full game which is 2 points.
    I think that the three players brought in will each play 60 minutes which is 6 points.

This means that I need one of the three to score to wipe out the points hit.

Bottom line is that taking a points hit is a pure gamble. Knowing if will pay off or not can only be seen after the weekend matches.
    There are enough posts saying that point hits are bad and shouldn't be taken. This post is to put forward a viewpoint on why taking a points hit may be a good idea.

Hell of a time to gamble though. If it doesn't work out then it will definitely mean getting knocked out of the cup. Although that may not be a bad thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭skippy15

q2ice wrote: »
    Cant believe I'm doing this but I am going to take an 8 point hit. Taking points points hits is generally not a good idea but I rationalized it out

Took out:
    Fletcher (has been frustrating lately and the next three games do not look good)
    Ben Arfa (expected back from injury on Jan 5th. He has been frustrating lately with injuries and I've lost patience. Main reason is the absence over the Christmas games)
    Fellaini (it hasn't been confirmed yet but I fully expect him to get a 3 match ban)

B
    Agree your team needed a jig around especially with 3 major players underperforming/ injured/ banned.
    But fletcher has an easy game week so would of made this next week
    Fellaini you made of had one more week out of before ban....but ye it should always be a case of risk mixed with patience

Also, think is the one of first weeks I wont make transfer- happy for now and no easy options.....

Advertisement