Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 18 Transfers

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,236 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

It's all aboard the city wagon after watching tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Yeah pulled the trigger on Yaya in for Fellaini after that. Hopefully there'll be a decent swing in their prices to make it painless enough to get Fellaini back in in three or four weeks time.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Steel Dog

Could Fellaini drop in price tonight? Fiso has not updated since 7.30.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,187 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

FutureGuy wrote: »
    It's all aboard the city wagon after watching tonight!

yup.

Silva in for Screech.

may even captain him. if Reading give him the same space they gave Cazorla, he could go nuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Steel Dog wrote: »
    Could Fellaini drop in price tonight? Fiso has not updated since 7.30.

it has for me. he's over the -100% mark

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,558 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Have a dilemma as I've 2 transfers and need to oust Fellaini. I can do Fellaini out & Toure in but another one I'm contemplating which I can just afford is:

Fellaini & Tevez out => Mata & Ba in

And the one above strikes me as quite tasty for this weekend. Any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Tevez out? Unusual move when they face Reading next week and Ballotelli is highly unlikely to play.

Reading conced 5 against Arsenal, 4 against United and City and 3 against Spurs, Fulham, Sunderland and Wigan.

City could run riot.

Also, I'm not sure where this Yaya love is coming from, the man is not a goalscorer! Every goal this year has been a scenario where the ball has simply fallen to him. Granted he's put them away but I really can't see him doing it that often. Before the Unted game he had 0 goals and 1 assist in TWELVE games.

Wouldn't ship Tevez ahead of City vs Reading.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭basillarkin

keane2097 wrote: »
    Wouldn't ship Tevez ahead of City vs Reading.

I have him but I am not making him captain, I have a feeling Dzeko will start, hope im wrong though, im getting rid of Tevez to Augero when the WC becomes available.

roryc wrote: »
    Tevez out? Unusual move when they face Reading next week and Ballotelli is highly unlikely to play.

Reading conced 5 against Arsenal, 4 against United and City and 3 against Spurs, Fulham, Sunderland and Wigan.

City could run riot.

Also, I'm not sure where this Yaya love is coming from, the man is not a goalscorer! Every goal this year has been a scenario where the ball has simply fallen to him. Granted he's put them away but I really can't see him doing it that often. Before the Unted game he had 0 goals and 1 assist in TWELVE games.

true but he's on form and when he's on form he's a bit of a beast. also a bit of handy price-riseage in anticipation of the soon-to-be wild card

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

roryc wrote: »

City could run riot.

Keeping Tevez & got in Yaya,he's just started to hit form as he's been pretty sh1t so far this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

SlickRic wrote: »
    yup.

Silva in for Screech.

may even captain him. if Reading give him the same space they gave Cazorla, he could go nuts.

what he said.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Fellaini out for Puncheon. Leaves me some cash to tinker with. Would do Sterling to Cazorla if I could afford it but can't.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Lemlin wrote: »
    Fellaini out for Puncheon. Leaves me some cash to tinker with. Would do Sterling to Cazorla if I could afford it but can't.

I need to free up cash, so was considering this move.

Are you not doing Fellaini to Yaya? I want to get Puncheon in, but I'm terrified of what City will do to reading next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Steel Dog

Fellaini to Silva done...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Fellaini -> Yaya done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

Did Fellaini to Yaya, baaaaaa.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I need to free up cash, so was considering this move.

Are you not doing Fellaini to Yaya? I want to get Puncheon in, but I'm terrified of what City will do to reading next week.

For me, Nasri, Silva and whatever strikers City play will return greater attacking points than Yaya.

He also leaves round January first for the ACON and I plan to keep my wildcard until nearer the end of January.

Making this move now, means if I free up about more cash I can get in Mata or Cazorla for Sterling.

Puncheon is going to be kept now as my cheap mid for the season.

As well as that, the last bandwagon I jumped on from this site was Baines. That didn't work out. I stayed away from Enrique when people were jumping on him and that worked out. So I'm hoping Yaya is another flash in the pan.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

fellaini -> silva
    nolan -> puncheon
    suarez -> rooney

4 point hit taken

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭moreau

Felliani -> Mata or Silva ??

Leaning towards Mata but flip of a coin really.

Any opinions?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭BroLo

60,000 people brought in Fellaini today. Do some people not understand that he'll probably fall further, and he'll be useless until the New Year?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,250 ✭✭✭slingerz

Fellani to Yaya done, i know he's off in the new year but Mancini is going to play him every minute until then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Santi101

moreau wrote: »
    Felliani -> Mata or Silva ??

Leaning towards Mata but flip of a coin really.

Any opinions?!

Rather Mata long-term as he's more of a goal threat, but fancy Silva to get decent pts this week, Reading are gonna get destroyed at City!

Villa home isnt a bad match for Chelsea, but they're just back from the World Club thingy, have a cup match at Leeds in midweek aswell. I've gone Fellaini to Silva for this week but plan to get Mata back in soon enough(and maybe Bale).

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,236 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Lads I'm strongly considering wilcarding today and here is a possible draft...please give as many answers as possible...yes or no - along with some reasoning...

Clearly this is set up to make the most of upcoming fixtures (especially City vs Reading) and can take rotation pretty well...

OLD TEAM
    old_zpsa0e141f3.png

WILDCARD TEAM
    wcbaby_zps609efe1b.png

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Lads I'm strongly considering wilcarding today and here is a possible draft...please give as many answers as possible...yes or no - along with some reasoning...

Wow, you weren't joking! I think you'd be mad, particularly so close to the free WC window. Maybe post up your current squad to get some opinions before making a season-changing decision?

You could play the WC on Jan 1st, and if you need to make more drastic changes in Feb/Mar/April, making a big push towards the end of the season , at least you'd still have your own WC.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Clearly this is set up to make the most of upcoming fixtures (especially City vs Reading) and can take rotation pretty well...

wcbaby_zps609efe1b.png

You probably have too much City, its impossible to second guess Mancini and his team selections. You could have tied up too much money on players that may not play a lot of games together.
    I have no idea which one of the city players are going to play the most games, probably up to yourself to figure out, but I would only pick him and change your other two city player to players who are going to play more games

@futureguy your attacking lineup (wc) is great. but maybe a bit too much at the expense of your defense???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Santi101

I think its best to go with one of Tevez or Aguero tbh, but I can see why its tempting with Reaading at home coming up. I had both earlier in the season and every weekend was hardship trying to second guess Mancini.

Things have changed slightly with Balotelli pissing him off yet again, but there will certainly be rotation over the next 4 games. I'm gonna stick with Suarez as he will play most of the games.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,331 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

You will get a wildcard in two weeks time. Use a wildcard now and your January wildcard effectively becomes neutered. I really do not understand how you possibly could think this a good option. I bet we would then see you in March trying to justify to yourself eight point hits or something like that.

Stop knee jerking, use your free transfers to see you through the xmas period and then use the January wildcard to get a side for the rest of the season. Seriously, its only a couple of gameweeks.

• Advertisement

Wildcards are more valuable early in the season than later on when all teams converge on a single blueprint anyway. I think people keeping them till after the January one are making a fairly huge EV mistake.

Advertisement