Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grandouet

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭RichieLawlor

SRFC wrote: »
    29 pages on a horse who has won just one grade (4yr old one at that) and a grade 2 :eek: Cant get over the fascination with this horse he's nothing special.

I'm only on page 11.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Theborderfox81

I actually posted nothing much about Finnians and soft ground. I said not to back him because I was told he'd need the run after a breathing op which was more serious than reported to the media. He's won on soft before so why say that.

On a side note. That Bill Esdaile that tweeted about Grandouet working extremely badly was the sane guy who reported that Frankel had been retirted due to injury last April!! A very credible source!!!

In future i'll just keep myself to myself here and just browse instead of posting.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 786 ✭✭✭fangee

I actually posted nothing much about Finnians and soft ground. I said not to back him because I was told he'd need the run after a breathing op which was more serious than reported to the media. He's won on soft before so why say that.

On a side note. That Bill Esdaile that tweeted about Grandouet working extremely badly was the sane guy who reported that Frankel had been retirted due to injury last April!! A very credible source!!!

In future i'll just keep myself to myself here and just browse instead of posting.

Hey Dessie, I wouldn't pay too much attention the the doubters. Some people just live (and love) to criticise.

Some of the guys on here deserve to hear your info as they are sensible and appreciative kind of guys.

Just ignore (literally with the button) the tools and post for the guys that are happy to hear your info.

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭dk6dk6

I'd appreciate your info pal, ignore morons is what I say.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,014 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Quite funny to see people turning up the week for the first time before Cheltenham and start calling long time posters idiots. There should be an access request like soccer forum put up every March

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭ste2010

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    Quite funny to see people turning up the week for the first time before Cheltenham and start calling long time posters idiots. There should be an access request like soccer forum put up every March
    It's gone out of control hulk...alot of long term posters are becoming synical because of bullsh*tters in the past. You can't paint everyone with the same brush...all that's happening is people who are genuine and have information they'll stop posting for fear of castration!

Lets all do a dance for you because you've posted longer. Seriously grow up, pathetic

dk6dk6 wrote: »
    Lets all do a dance for you because you've posted longer. Seriously grow up, pathetic

Arrogant, clueless and the language and punctuation of an 8 year old. I couldn't have asked for a better example. I think i'll call you token from now on

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Arrogant, clueless and the language and punctuation of an 8 year old. I couldn't have asked for a better example. I think i'll call you token from now on.

fyp

Ah, no full stops at the end of posts would be normal forum etiquette. Sorts the hips from the squares :)

• Advertisement

Arrogant, clueless and the language and punctuation of an 8 year old. I couldn't have asked for a better example. I think i'll call you token from now on
    Clueless, excellent. Far from clueless pal, I just don't hover around Internet forums acting like a child claiming to be better than people because I've posted longer. Embarrassing

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭droidman123

I for one hope you continue to post info. A poster here attempted to ridicule me because I heard from a good source about 2 weeks ago that golantilla wouldn't line up in the bumper.haha he even suggested that I ring the stable for confirmation.he suggested I had no contacts with aj martin,which I actually never claimed to have.the point is border,you will always have attention seekers here trying to knock people.again,I hope you keep posting useful info,I,m sure most people appreciate it.

Fair enough. I will continue to post any relevant info I get here. I'm not on to them everyday or anything. I heard last nighy that their head lad there Corky, has had a massive ew bet on binocular after he schooled Friday. Maybe that set alarm bells ringing on Betfair and may have caused the drift. He idolises Binocular and Captain Conan seemingly.

Grandouet did work well Friday morning tho. A lot beetter than Monday when he got within 2L of Simonsig over 10f i think It was. But they're all of the opinion if Simonsig was in the champion hurdle he'd win easily. I actually have an antepost bet done on Simonsig for the champion hurdle from November on their advice. He didn't take to fences at all in the begining and they were going to go back over hurdles with him. But they gave him a week off and it worked a treat. Anyway that bet is long gone now but I suppose what i'm saying is that after his layoff he still worked ok with simonsig. He would have needed that run badly.

On Friday morning he worked much better and had a little blow after it which leads them to believe the 2 runs should put him bang there. They were pleased with him after yesterday. He is normally a very good work horse. Obviously the lack of a recent run is a concern but thats why they got 2 gallops into him at home. That's what I know. He didn't have a leg fall off or work terrible to cause that drift as some lads on twitter claimed.

After we see what Simonsig will do in the arkle that bit of work even last monday might look very good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

Is it just the champion hurdle declaring today or do the other grade 1's also?

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Huntley

I hear last nighy that their head lad there Corky has had a massive ew bet on binocular after he schooled Friday.

Charlie Morlock mentioned this on Thursday evening so that isn't the case.
    He is normally a very good work horse.

Isn't it pretty much common knowledge that Grandouet doesn't do much at home? Think David Bass has reiterated this recently.

No i'm saying I only heard last night he had the bet. From what my friend said Grandouet is good at home. That's why they were slightly surprised with last Monday.

No i'm saying I only heard last night he had the bet.

I wasn't questioning that, but it wasn't after a schooling session on Friday that he placed the bet.
    From what my friend said Grandouet is a good at home. That's why they were slightly surprised with last Monday.

Intriguing.

Anyway, this soft ground isn't going to benefit Grandouet and Henderson has said as much last night. On the contrary Nicholls thought that testing ground would be ideal for Zarkandar, no surprises there.

He handled heavy well enough last November in the International. Match fitness was all that caught him out that day. More of an inconveniance for ROR i'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

I would have liked good to Soft for Grandouet myself.
    The softer it is the better is will suit HF and Zarkandar.

Anyway, got the 9/1 with Ladbrokes on Friday. So what's done is done.
    Can't wait for the race now.

He handled heavy well enough last November in the International. Match fitness was all that caught him out that day. More of an inconveniance for ROR i'd imagine.

The conditions are going to stop him from running to the best of his ability which is a major negative. I'd still expect him to run a solid race but on good ground he is a different prospect entirely in my opinion.

• Advertisement

I for one hope you continue to post info. A poster here attempted to ridicule me because I heard from a good source about 2 weeks ago that golantilla wouldn't line up in the bumper.haha he even suggested that I ring the stable for confirmation.he suggested I had no contacts with aj martin,which I actually never claimed to have.the point is border,you will always have attention seekers here trying to knock people.again,I hope you keep posting useful info,I,m sure most people appreciate it.
    I wouldn't group you an the borderfox into the same category so I don't know how you can relate to this.. I didn't attempt to ridicule you by the way. You claimed to know connections with tony martins yard..you explicitly stated something about golantilla..and the other poster said this is not true..the other poster also claiming to know connections with the yard. You said one thing he said another. I suggested you or him call your "connections" to see if they have any information..and I didn't see a post after that confirming anything..did you even
    bother calling your good source? Do you not think that's a reasonable request given both of you were quoting polar opposites an argument which your information started off

ste2010 wrote: »
    I wouldn't group you an the borderfox into the same category so I don't know how you can relate to this.. I didn't attempt to ridicule you by the way. You claimed to know connections with tony martins yard..you explicitly stated something about golantilla..and the other poster said this is not true..the other poster also claiming to know connections with the yard. You said one thing he said another. I suggested you or him call your "connections" to see if they have any information..and I didn't see a post after that confirming anything..did you even
    bother calling your good source? Do you not think that's a reasonable request given both of you were quoting polar opposites an argument which your information started off
    I didn't need to phone my mate who told me golantilla is out of the bumper,I see him in the pub,I,ve known him years and got good info from him before,I had no reason to disbelieve him. All I did was pass the info on here.I know it wasn't exactly "valuable" info because at the time it was nrnb.I certainly wasn't trying to be a billy big balls,that's not my style.I don't know tony martin,have never met the man.my mate and his cousins do know him.I posted info I got from them a few weeks ago from the same source,make the most of now,in the 4 miler,one of my mates cousins bred it.the info was duly checked by a poster here,think it was the good colonel.I would never knowingly post duff info here because I know what its like to be on the receiving end of such,I.e throwing money down the drain.anyway,I,m getting back to nursing my hangover :)

I didn't need to phone my mate who told me golantilla is out of the bumper,I see him in the pub,I,ve known him years and got good info from him before,I had no reason to disbelieve him. All I did was pass the info on here.I know it wasn't exactly "valuable" info because at the time it was nrnb.I certainly wasn't trying to be a billy big balls,that's not my style.I don't know tony martin,have never met the man.my mate and his cousins do know him.I posted info I got from them a few weeks ago from the same source,make the most of now,in the 4 miler,one of my mates cousins bred it.the info was duly checked by a poster here,think it was the good colonel.I would never knowingly post duff info here because I know what its like to be on the receiving end of such,I.e throwing money down the drain.anyway,I,m getting back to nursing my hangover :)
    I've no problem with any of the above, but if you had a way to clarify why wasnt it used? what I do have a problem with is you playing the victim in the posts above which is absolute nonsense

ste2010 wrote: »
    I've no problem with any of the above, but if you had a way to clarify why wasnt it used? what I do have a problem with is you playing the victim in the posts above which is absolute nonsense
    I have no way of clarifying it,my mate told me,how can I prove it? Not that I feel the need to.oh,and I certainly wasn't playing the "victim". I just posted some info,no drama,no biggie.I felt you were trying to cast me as a "wannabe" in an earlier post,if I took it up wrong,I duly appologise.

grandut.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I have no way of clarifying it,my mate told me,how can I prove it? Not that I feel the need to.oh,and I certainly wasn't playing the "victim". I just posted some info,no drama,no biggie.I felt you were trying to cast me as a "wannabe" in an earlier post,if I took it up wrong,I duly appologise.
    Or the record I wasn't at all..I was looking for someone to clear up the mess..I'm one who welcomes information and have faith in posters until proven otherwise

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Huntley wrote: »
    grandut.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Is that the Nicky Henderson So Solid Crew???

Simonsig, Grandouet, Une Artiste & ?????

I,m guessing binocular??

I think the big black machine next to Simonsig could be Sprinter Sacre. That must be awesome for the work riders

• Advertisement

That beast beside Simonsig is Grandouet. Megalypos and Tistory the other two.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement