Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grandouet

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Huntley wrote: »
    No need for an escrow, you have my word and I expect the same from yourself.

Grand job, I look forward to the challenge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭RichieLawlor

Did someone on twitter tell you that.

Do you honestly believe that Grandouet was available at massive prices because the ground is likely to be soft? Really?

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Theborderfox81

Did I say that. I have no idea why the horse drifted. As far as I know from this morning and up to this point the horse is perfectly sound and ready to run a massive race. Until I hear from a reliable source, reliable being key, I will continue to believe that.

Some lads shouldn't be let next or near Betfair tho!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭byronbay2

Do you honestly believe that Grandouet was available at massive prices because the ground is likely to be soft? Really?

Yes, I think that was what started the drift. You won't believe this but some people are very quick to jump to conclusions!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Whatever caused the volatility it certainly had fcuk all to do with the ground.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Theborderfox81

Didn't Binocular take a drift on the exchanges before winning the '10 Champion Hurdle. Nothing as big as today but drifted out before hacking up!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Didn't Binocular take a drift on the exchanges before winning the '10 Champion Hurdle. Nothing as big as today but drifted out before hacking up!!!

Though didnt Henderson actually came out and say that Binocular was unlikely to run.
    Big difference this time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭RichieLawlor

A slight bit bigger than today actually, Binocular was matched at the ceiling price that year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

9.6/9.8 now

Has been matched out to 40 or so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

Chemical has moved to "ease fears" over Grandouet. I recall him saying something similar before the Kingwell

If Grandouet doesn't line up or runs deplorably I'll lose all respect for Chemical, not that I've much in the 1st place

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭ste2010

It's interesting how Nicky was asked directly about grandouet twice and he answered as a group twice .."they" worked well,the old boys" and then talked about khyber Kim for about 5minutes. If he had his own doubts about grandouet early in the week and now he's working we'll he would be happy to report it. I have my doubts about this. He looks away from the guy when he's talking about the champion hurdle. Either he has a dodgy plan hatching or he's the sketchiest bloke alive.

Another note re borderfox lads..you are ridiculing posters providing information..don't ruin it for the rest of us or else they won't bother providing info.
    FACT borderfox gave us all the heads up on finians rainbow last time to back the f*ck up

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

To be fair, if someone posts something on a forum - it's up to individuals to decide for themselves whether the info is correct or not. It's the same as getting a tip from someone - you make the bet, you don't have to, so don't go bollocking them if the tip doesn't win.

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Huntley

I find it very difficult to believe that Grandouet worked extremely well this morning and that connections are bullish about him winning the Champion.

There are so many negative vibes coming out that one would have to be pretty certain that he isn't convincing anybody in his work. He might not be trading at 40s but he is still weak, and that hasn't happened for no reason.

To be fair, if someone posts something on a forum - it's up to individuals to decide for themselves whether the info is correct or not. It's the same as getting a tip from someone - you make the bet, you don't have to, so don't go bollocking them if the tip doesn't win.

There's a difference between an honest tip that turns out to be a loser and pretending to be close to yard and passing off duff information on that basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Motivator

There's a difference between an honest tip that turns out to be a loser and pretending to be close to yard and passing off duff information on that basis.

In fairness anybody who takes information given by a stranger on an internet forum, as fact, deserves to lose their money. The person with the information could well be genuine, but they could also be a person taking the piss. Nobody knows for sure so in all fairness if you're willing to put down your money you should be prepared never to see it again. Its called gambling for a reason.

Orinoco wrote: »

The same poster told us to steer clear of finians rainbow adamantly at ascot...

ste2010 wrote: »

It was well known that FR was only running because he needed a race. Henderson said the same before the race and was adamant that the horse didn't go on deep ground after his previous dismal performance.

Not discrediting anybody here Ste but nobody needed to be told FR wasn't going to win.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

In fairness...didn't take a genius to know Finians wouldn't act on soft. Hardly groundbreaking info!

BTW: Not slagging off Borderfox...I believe him to be genuine. Moreso your definition of 'info'! :P

It was well known that FR was only running because he needed a race. Henderson said the same before the race and was adamant that the horse didn't go on deep ground after his previous dismal performance.

Not discrediting anybody here Ste but nobody needed to be told FR wasn't going to win.

That's true but borderfox posted this a few hours before Henderson was interviewed. Also to note that race was run on soft, I can recall their fear was of heavy ground not specifically soft.

• Advertisement

jimjamcos wrote: »

In fairness...didn't take a genius to know Finians wouldn't act on soft. Hardly groundbreaking info!

BTW: Not slagging off Borderfox...I believe him to be genuine. Moreso your definition of 'info'! :P
    Before this race how many races had finians rainbow run on soft and what was the result

That's true but borderfox posted this a few hours before Henderson was interviewed. Also to note that race was run on soft, I can recall their fear was of heavy ground not specifically soft.

Anything that wasn't a sound surface was the worry. I don't think there was any inside information there, I recall a discussion with yourself a few days previously where you mentioned FR amongst others who you thought were going to prove too difficult for First Lieutenant in the Ryanair. Think we both agreed FR would be beaten in the Victor Chandler and was one to watch.

As I said, I'm not necessarily discrediting anybody here. However, I find it difficult to believe Grandouet worked well this morning to the extent that connections felt he would win the Champion. The market suggests the polar opposite.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

Before this race how many races had finians rainbow run on soft and what was the result

Don't know and couldn't care less! All I know is that in a 4 horse race before that Finians never went an inch on bad ground, and was even beaten by mule like Ghizao. Anybody requiring 'info' to tell them he wouldn't like the soft NTO shouldn't be gambling.

Disclaimer: Nothing against TheBorderFox - keep any info coming pal! :cool:

I'm not questioning him just pointing out that whilst I'd never moan about a tip I certainly would if someone lied to me about the source of his 'information'

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭tipster

if i was borderfox i wouldnt bother telling ye anything here anyone on another site will testify how correct and reliable his info is

Anything that wasn't a sound surface was the worry. I don't think there was any inside information there, I recall a discussion with yourself a few days previously where you mentioned FR amongst others who you thought were going to prove too difficult for First Lieutenant in the Ryanair. Think we both agreed FR would be beaten in the Victor Chandler and was one to watch.

As I said, I'm not necessarily discrediting anybody here. However, I find it difficult to believe Grandouet worked well this morning to the extent that connections felt he would win the Champion. The market suggests the polar opposite.

Thats true my potential concerns not committed concerns before that race were Sizing Europe, cue card and finians rainbow having too much toe for first lieutenant. Cue cards jumping didn't impress me that day nor did joe for that matter. It's clearly obvious the better the ground for finians rainbow the better he performs. Ascot is also not his track...this has been proven 3 times it was obvious his 1st performance against French opera and wishful thinking (if memory serves me correct) on this track he was never as strong in ascot. That aside, i never thought he would win there however he has run once before this race on the same ground and won a donkey race by over 30l's. if there any doubts for anyone here..border fox communicated this information long before ATR got the news

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭rossom

Slattsy wrote: »
    Though didnt Henderson actually came out and say that Binocular was unlikely to run.
    Big difference this time.

He said he was out! Then he drifted to the max on Betfair and the needle declared he was back in! As rancid as you can get!

http://www1.attheraces.com/article.aspx?hlid=506870&raceid=&title=Binocular+out+of+Champion+Hurdle&lid=pa+racing+feed&ref=PA+Racing+Feed&nav=news&sub=&day=Wed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭Overthelast

We have10 horses left. Will we have ew 3 come Tuesday? Doubtful.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,275 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Only Cotton Mill and Balder Success expected to pull out although who knows whats going on with Grandouet.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭SRFC

29 pages on a horse who has won just one grade (4yr old one at that) and a grade 2 :eek: Cant get over the fascination with this horse he's nothing special.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement