Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grandouet

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Huntley

I think you are very funny :D thank you for making my festival before it even begins!

So glad I took you off my ignore list for the giggles like :D

You keep supplying your quality analysis and posting those winners.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

faoile@n wrote: »
    Grandouet is a wreck physically

Oh no your wrong faoile@n, Solwhit - who has run 23 times - is, but Grandouet has had just one minor little prob which will ultimately mean the horse will have run once in the best part of two years.

Now I know the above sounds contradictory and a little shall we say fancifull but I asked Huntley and he confirmed it, and well you know he know's like everything.

Huntley wrote: »
    You keep supplying your quality analysis and posting those winners.

Picking a horse that will run will put me ahead of you :D I have been telling you and anyone that will listen for 6 months why Huricane Fly will win, you can judge my analysis and horse picking skills after Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

They shorten HF but the ****ers wont lenghten Grandouet :mad:

I'll be waiting until the day, and i see them down at the start before i have a bet :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,014 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Slattsy wrote: »
    The one horse I fancied to beat him.
    4th favourite now out. Bound to be backed off the boards. 2s would be value now. Stupid to think otherwise.

So it would be value because you think he'll outrun his price or value because he will shorten? As it happens 2's probably isn't value as he's 3.3 in two other places.

Just find it hard to understand how you were adamant that 3/1 was the proper price earlier in the week, yet now under 2/1 is the proper price. Perhaps you thought Grandouet shouldve been much shorter than 6's but even that wouldnt explain such a huge swing

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Slattsy wrote: »
    They shorten HF but the ****ers wont lenghten Grandouet :mad:

I'll be waiting until the day, and i see them down at the start before i have a bet :D

Grandouet has been pushed out

http://www.oddschecker.com/horse-racing-betting/ante-post-racing/cheltenham-festival/champion-hurdle/winner

Picking a horse that will run will put me ahead of you :D I have been telling you and anyone that will listen for 6 months why Huricane Fly will win, you can judge my analysis and horse picking skills after Tuesday.

Are you interested in a selection competition at the festival? I offered the same to hucklebuck but he went missing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭rossom

I was convinced this would happen. Grandouet missed the Kingwell last year as well and Nicky The Needle stated that he'd be fine for Cheltenham. Identical situation this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Grandouet back into 9 on betfair

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    So it would be value because you think he'll outrun his price or value because he will shorten? As it happens 2's probably isn't value as he's 3.3 in two other places.

Just find it hard to understand how you were adamant that 3/1 was the proper price earlier in the week, yet now under 2/1 is the proper price. Perhaps you thought Grandouet shouldve been much shorter than 6's but even that wouldnt explain such a huge swing

The ever increasing likelihood of Soft ground would account for the perceived over reaction

• Advertisement

Are you interested in a selection competition at the festival? I offered the same to hucklebuck but he went missing.

I wont be able to guarantee access to the internet for all four days but if you come up with some suggestion of a format that We both post whatever selections before say lunchtime Tuesday I will indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭rossom

Apparently Henderson confirmed on RUK that he's still a runner. Crazy old Betfair.

I wont be able to guarantee access to the internet for all four days but if you come up with some suggestion of a format that We both post whatever selections before say lunchtime Tuesday I will indeed.

Yeah, 12 o clock on Tuesday? 5 points a day and use them as you wish?

Henderson just said that all is well with Grandouet after he galloped a mile with Une Artiste and River Maigue.

Well considering HF was 6/4 and 13/8 in places before the possible defectment of Grandouet then yes he was way underpriced.
    The 4th fav is possibly out, looking likely, so the 2s earlier today in hindsight was value.

With softish ground forecast, which wont suit ROR or Bino, i can only see Zarkandar beating him now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭RichieLawlor

Settled down again now. But as they say 'no smoke without fire'

Henderson confirms he's ok If he's pulled out after this someone should take Hendersons licence.

Henderson just said that all is well with Grandouet after he galloped a mile with Une Artiste and River Maigue.

Trying to second guess Henderson is a dangerous game.
    Betfair can cause panic.

Settled down again now. But as they say 'no smoke without fire'

Henderson confirms he's ok If he's pulled out after this someone should take Hendersons licence.

Was he asked directly about the rumours surrounding Grandouet?

Perfect, €100, and one of the mods can act as escrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

9/1 with Lads now. Sure worth a small bet with NRNB as he wont run if there's anything wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Theborderfox81

@BillEsdaile: Grandouet has been working very disappointingly recently and NJH has most likely 'run out of time' to get him ready for next Tuesday

At Least we now know theborderfox is talking thru his **** lol

Hold on here now. The horse drifted, is back in again to where he was now, was not declared a non runner and I'm talking through my arse!! All because you heed some fella on twitter. Well fair play to ya. Best of luck with that.

I backed the horse myself for the 2nd time on the basis of the info I got and can post the betting slip from my ac up to proove it. I logged on here and this was the first I heard of anything re Grandouet drifting.

Rang my contact and couldn't get him so rang his brother to see if he knew anything. All he said was he hadn't heard a thing and hadn't a clue what the drift was about.

So dont be going around making claims im posting info for the craic hoping lads will loose money over it.

And as I write this Henderson has just came out and said Grandouet worked with Rolling Star and River maiuge this morning and all is very well.

Clown. Get your facts right.

• Advertisement

I just took a bit of 9/1 NRNB purely for back to lay purposes. Can't see how it can go wrong, he'll either be pulled out and stake refunded or all settles down and he goes off 6's or 7's on the day

Perfect, €100, and one of the mods can act as escrow?

No need for an escrow, you have my word and I expect the same from yourself.
    Hold on here now. The horse drifted, is back in again to where he was now, was not declared a non runner and I'm talking through my arse!! All because you heed some fella on twitter. Well fair play to ya. Best of luck with that.

I backed the horse myself for the 2nd time on the basis of the info I got and can post the betting slip from my ac up to proove it. I logged on here and this was the first I heard of anything re Grandouet drifting.

Rang my contact and couldn't get him so rang his brother to see if he knew anything. All he said was he hadn't heard a thing and hadn't a clue what the drift was about.

So dont be going around making claims im posting info for the craic hoping lads will loose money over it.

And as I write this Henderson has just came out and said Grandouet worked with Rolling Star and River maiuge this morning and all is very well.

:pac: Theborderfox lives on

I just took a bit of 9/1 NRNB purely for back to lay purposes. Can't see how it can go wrong, he'll either be pulled out and stake refunded or all settles down and he goes off 6's or 7's on the day

I'll be doing the same. Ladbrokes best at 9/1?

NRNB they are best anyway

You said he worked very very well and a few hours later he can be backed at any price. The drift came from somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭byronbay2

@BillEsdaile: Grandouet has been working very disappointingly recently and NJH has most likely 'run out of time' to get him ready for next Tuesday

At Least we now know theborderfox is talking thru his **** lol

Think you owe someone an apology.

This schemozzle was obviously due to the announcement that the ground would be soft on Tuesday. This led to some laying of Grandouet on BF and a chain reaction developed when people thought that "Henderson is up to his old tricks again" and felt they could buy some money by laying a non-runner.

byronbay2 wrote: »
    Think you owe someone an apology.

This schemozzle was obviously due to the announcement that the ground would be soft on Tuesday. This led to some laying of Grandouet on BF and a chain reaction developed when people thought that "Henderson is up to his old tricks again" and felt they could buy some money by laying a non-runner.

That mess today was not caused by a 'ground issue'.

You said he worked very very well and a few hours later he can be backed at any price. The drift came from somewhere.

You said I was talking through my arse because of the drift. It's hardly my fault lads go into meltdown on Betfair because the going changed. Another remark of yours was you hope no one suffered because of my earlier post. I posted what I was told this morning. He worked very well and they expect him to win the CH.

I don't really see where all the fuss over Grandouet and soft ground is. He was 2nd in the International at Cheltenham on heavy, going down to a race fit horse in Zarkandar by 2l and was eased down inside the last 50 yds.He beat ROR easily that day the champion hurdler convincingly.

Better form than HF beating Captain Cee Bee & Thousand stars in heavy here.

That mess today was not caused by a 'ground issue'.

Did someone on twitter tell you that.

• Advertisement

If he only relayed the info that he was told fair enough. I sincerely doubt(hope) anyone would come on here and post complete bull****.

Anyway, Betfair is volatile as everyone knows. All it can take is one rumour.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement