Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grandouet

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭SRFC

dk6dk6 wrote: »
    Stop talking constant ****e please, you're notorious for it

Excuse after excuse with the horse,admit you done your money and move on the horse is no good won a grade one about 4 yrs ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭RichieLawlor

Stop talking constant ****e please, you're notorious for it

In fairness to SCFC, and I give him a lot of stick, he is correct and you are the one talkin out of your hole.

Grandouet has been beaten 3 times by Zarkandar who by Huntleys own admission is 'slow', he has been on the deck 3 times aswell.

It baffles me that some people believe him to be the second coming. Wait till he does something to warrant it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,014 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Just my opinion would have been 2 nd at worst and honestly believe he would have won because dey wer almost all at it when he came down.

He fell in the 4th last in an 8 hurdle race, not far past half way. Nobody was 'at it' at that stage. There's no telling how he would've finished, as he always travels like that. I'd be very surprised if he improved past the 4th place Zarkandar by that much to challenge HF. Anyway, he's taken liberties at his hurdles more than once, that's a huge flaw in his ability

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭droidman123

in a simplistic nutshell, grandouet is a hurdler who cant hurdle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

l
    It baffles me that some people believe him to be the second coming. Wait till he does something to warrant it.

He probably is over rated on what he's actually achieved but only being a 6yo I'm not writing him off yet

I'm hoping he'll go to Punchestown

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭dk6dk6

In fairness to SCFC, and I give him a lot of stick, he is correct and you are the one talkin out of your hole.

Grandouet has been beaten 3 times by Zarkandar who by Huntleys own admission is 'slow', he has been on the deck 3 times aswell.

Says a clown like you that said he had zero chance, stop talkin ****e yet again it's embarrassing.

Hulk Hands wrote: »

He fell in the 4th last in an 8 hurdle race, not far past half way. Nobody was 'at it' at that stage. There's no telling how he would've finished, as he always travels like that. I'd be very surprised if he improved past the 4th place Zarkandar by that much to challenge HF. Anyway, he's taken liberties at his hurdles more than once, that's a huge flaw in his ability
    He was goin best of anyone and you know full well he would have been placed at worst so if u want talk crap then work away. And nobody was at it, comedy gold, I suggest u watch the race again and stop dribbling out of u, te winner was hard at it at that stage.

SRFC wrote: »

Excuse after excuse with the horse,admit you done your money and move on the horse is no good won a grade one about 4 yrs ago.
    Like I said you're notorious for it. Want examples to prove this?

Says a clown like you that said he had zero chance, stop talkin ****e yet again it's embarrassing.

I said he had zero chance! Was I right then :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Huntley

Grandouet has been beaten twice by Zarkandar. He was brought down in a race that Zarkandar won, it doesn't mean he was beaten ffs.

In the Triumph Zarkandar was the most forward horse. Development wise he was streets ahead of Grandouet, and in juvenile and novice territory that is a big advantage around a tough track like Cheltenham.

In the Bula the conditions were terrible, it was a stamina contest. Zarkandar ground out that victory simply for that reason, and if the conditions were similar I would expect him to come out on top again. (Technically he was beaten at the weights)

The 'speed' of Zarkandar has never usurped Grandouet, that is pretty clear.

Not sure who has hailed him as the second coming, never seen evidence of that myself on here. He is clearly a grade 1 animal however who hasn't reached his full potential. Worth noting that Hurricane Fly's connections feared him most today for that reason.

• Advertisement

I said he had zero chance! Was I right then :-)
    Point proven, you're a moron

Huntley wrote: »
    Grandouet has been beaten twice by Zarkandar. He was brought down in a race that Zarkandar won, it doesn't mean he was beaten ffs.

In the Triumph Zarkandar was the most forward horse. Development wise he was streets ahead of Grandouet, and in juvenile and novice territory that is a big advantage around a tough track like Cheltenham.

In the Bula the conditions were terrible, it was a stamina contest. Zarkandar ground out that victory simply for that reason, and if the conditions were similar I would expect him to come out on top again. (Technically he was beaten at the weights)

The 'speed' of Zarkandar has never usurped Grandouet, that is pretty clear.

Not sure who has hailed him as the second coming, never seen evidence of that myself on here. He is clearly a grade 1 animal however who hasn't reached his full potential. Worth noting that Hurricane Fly's connections feared him most today for that reason.
    pure speculation that he is a grade 1 horse, you may be right, but he has yet to prove it.would you back him against h.f if he came to punchestown? if so,why? i,m not being argumentative, i just cant see the attraction of the horse myself.

He is clearly a grade 1 animal

He is 5/11 since moving to England, A Media Luz, Two Kisses, Kumbeshwar, Marsh Warbler and Overturn are the horses that have finished second to him.
    He's been beaten by Sam Winner, Zarkandar and failed to complete a few times.

He is not 'clearly' a grade one animal on what he has achieved. Only on potential.

pure speculation that he is a grade 1 horse, you may be right, but he has yet to prove it.

Dear God.

The horse has won a Grade 1. He has beaten Grade 1 winners, including a Supreme winner, Champion Hurdle runner up and a Champion Hurdle winner and subsequent runner up. He is quite clearly a Grade 1 animal.

Dear God.

The horse has won a Grade 1. He has beaten Grade 1 winners, including a Supreme winner, Champion Hurdle runner up and a Champion Hurdle winner and subsequent runner up. He is quite clearly a Grade 1 animal.

What Champion hurdle winner has he ever beaten?

Istabraq.

Dear God.

first of all, i would prefer if you didnt refer to me as god. i dont recall what champion hurdle winner he has beaten,not saying you are wrong. nortons coin won a grade 1,as in the gold cup. now,seriously do you class him as a grade 1 horse in the grand scheme of things? i,m not saying grandouet is a mule, but the point i am making is i dont think its as classy as people make it out to be.

He means he finished in front of Rock on Ruby. Grandouet won't be winning any grade 1s over hurdles any time soon I'd think

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

Rock On Ruby springs to mind.

ft9 wrote: »
    Rock On Ruby springs to mind.

Finished in front of a horse in a 3 horse race ffs thats clutching at straws.

• Advertisement

Finished in front of a horse in a 3 horse race ffs thats clutching at straws.

I was only answering your question. Which was obvious btw.

I was only answering your question. Which was obvious btw.
    The point I was making was just because a horse wins a grade1 race doesn't necesserarily mean its a class horse.I gave nortons coin as an example,I,m sure we all have lots of other examples too.I say again,I don't think grandouet is a mule,but I do think its definitely overrated.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Lock it down & throw away the key to this thread!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭hucklebuck

Unlucky Huntley, he was travelling well.

I expected a quick pace but that was nuts.:eek: Great seeing Hurricane Fly win to again, form is temporary class is permanent.

hucklebuck wrote: »
    Unlucky Huntley, he was travelling well.

I expected a quick pace but that was nuts.:eek: Great seeing Hurricane Fly win to again, form is temporary class is permanent.
    If a horse is brought down,it could be considered as "unlucky".the fact that grandouet fell wasnt unlucky, it simply means the horse is a poor jumper.

If a horse is brought down,it could be considered as "unlucky".the fact that grandouet fell wasnt unlucky, it simply means the horse is a poor jumper.

Yeah, just like Kauto Star was a poor jumper because he fell.

Omg i knew someone would come back with that.the difference is,kauto star was a proven class horse,gold cups,king georges,tingle creek etc etc.now seriously,be honest, no comparison? I think people are missing my point,all i am saying is,grandouet might prove to be a class animal in time,hooefully he will,the sport needs top class horses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭hucklebuck

I said "unlucky Huntley" I was talking about losing his bet because of a faller.

hucklebuck wrote: »

I said "unlucky Huntley" I was talking about losing his bet because of a faller.
    Yes i realise that and i would never gloat at another punters misfortune.i didnt mean any offence to his bet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,014 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

:rolleyes: There's a difference between a hurdler and chaser. Also, in terms of all time great chasers, Kauto probably was a poor jumper. It was everything else that made him incredible

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement