Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 17 League and Cup General Discussion/Woe sharing!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

mar-z wrote: »
    Looks like they only went bot at the weekend so last round was drawn when they were human. You just get a lucky draw.

Just checked my draw for round four. Got a div IV team that at first glance I should beat with the 2nds wnwim. Only problem is its away so not much money for it (but that's being picky about the situation I know)

I'm not so much complaining as saying I feel bad for people who've already drawn big guns in Round 3 -I'll get over it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

corny wrote: »
    I wouldn't be too hasty. I remember a game i lost against Golfini but i still stole 8 of his lineouts and Keane was playing. I haven't the strongest lineout you'll ever come across either.

He has a good fooking team when he gets it right though.

See my lads had your measure last Saturday, so I'd agree with that ;)

(oh oh oh, League Banter!)

And... to wipe the smile off my face, I just checked who I have next round in the cup.

Justified Ancients of MuMu. My ass.

If I was still in Div III I'd 100% get my giant-killing ideas on, but I'm pretty sure it's gonna be the young lads and an early exit. It's also at my home ground, so I don't even get his sweet Div I cash cow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

I wouldn't be too hasty. I remember a game i lost against Golfini but i still stole 8 of his lineouts and Keane was playing. I haven't the strongest lineout you'll ever come across either.

He has a good fooking team when he gets it right though.

Have a poor record against him. My only win was an intensity mismatch last season. As you say, the rest of the team are no slouches.

Fewcifur on the plus side Amleto seems to have caught the not playing wnwim in unimportant matches/life getting in the way bug thats going around. He normalled the cup in week 1 and a friendly on Monday so his energy is a small bit lower than normal.

I just have to figure out whether to take a pop at you Corny or save myself for the run of guifin than CSDS which are huge games for me to make the play-off/make sure I'm nowhere near relegation.

Fewcifur wrote: »
    Justified Ancients of MuMu. My ass.

If I was still in Div III I'd 100% get my giant-killing ideas on, but I'm pretty sure it's gonna be the young lads and an early exit. It's also at my home ground, so I don't even get his sweet Div I cash cow.

Ouch!:eek:

I still think they are worth a pop Fewci!

Thats right, tell Corny I'm thinking about going all out for the win at the weekend while convincing you to have a go at a div 1 big boy. I'm not up to anything at all, nope, nothing to see here!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 454 ✭✭Israel_Dagg

Does Deise post on boards?

• Advertisement

Does Deise post on boards?

Don't think so.

And yes Mar-z... nothing going on at all...

Got+my+eye+on+you.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,757 ✭✭✭corny

Ouch!:eek:

I still think they are worth a pop Fewci!

Thats right, tell Corny I'm thinking about going all out for the win at the weekend while convincing you to have a go at a div 1 big boy. I'm not up to anything at all, nope, nothing to see here!

You sneaky bastard.;)

I feel like Kevin Keegan in 96. Not able for these mind games!

You sneaky bastard.;)

I feel like Kevin Keegan in 96. Not able for these mind games!

I was considering buying a lad from the SA national team, just to mess you up even more. What has me opposed to it is the price is set at 3mil without any bids. He's a great player, but c'monnnnn, 3mil when better players often go for less? Hope the transfer tax cripples him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

I was considering buying a lad from the SA national team, just to mess you up even more. What has me opposed to it is the price is set at 3mil without any bids. He's a great player, but c'monnnnn, 3mil when better players often go for less? Hope the transfer tax cripples him.

Someone will probably cave last minute though.

eoferrall wrote: »
    Someone will probably cave last minute though.

Oh definitely. There's always someone who convinces themselves that he's actually worth that much. He's 28, so some team would get a few years out of him, but not me, I was just interested in getting a lad to psych out Corny, not sire me a race of super South Africans.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭satory

Are Stab County a Boards.ie team?

Got them in the next round of the cup...

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭TheJims

i see ive drawn a boardie in the next round of the cup, June Sarpongs Spunky Backpack.. Pablo shall be my ticket into round 5 ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭SomethingElse

I got Killarney RFC :( I had to LTNT a fellow Div III team and this is my reward! I was hoping to pick up a Div IV team this time out after the tough draw in the last round. Back to the league for me

satory wrote: »
    Are Stab County a Boards.ie team?

Got them in the next round of the cup...

I want to say yes. But I don't know why. To be honest, I'm hugely confused these days as to who anyone is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

Yes, Stab county is / was a boardsie.

User : Blendage (IIRC)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Pablo Sanchez

TheJims wrote: »
    i see ive drawn a boardie in the next round of the cup, June Sarpongs Spunky Backpack.. Pablo shall be my ticket into round 5 ;)

Id love to disagree with you butttt......:D

TheVoodoo wrote: »
    Yes, Stab county is / was a boardsie.

User : Blendage (IIRC)

Hasn't posted here for a good while though unless I missed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭Phonehead

Hasn't posted here for a good while though unless I missed it.

Yep I seem to recall stab being a boardsie back when we were all BR babies.

Going to throw a rare TNT against Red Kings today and sneak a win, played possum WNWIM with seconds twice against him last season but I think this is the year to challenge the top 3! :cool:

:(

I really should learn not to play mind games. Logged on earlier to set tactics and got distracted so am now playing my 2nds on normal.

It's neither the having a proper go I was thinking or the complete rest which is my other option.

Now I'm going to take a hammering and a few of my first teamers will lose energy. Damn you Corny!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭Phonehead

I really should learn not to play mind games. Logged on earlier to set tactics and got distracted so am now playing my 2nds on normal.

It's neither the having a proper go I was thinking or the complete rest which is my other option.

Now I'm going to take a hammering and a few of my first teamers will lose energy. Damn you Corny!

Not that's a weekend buzz kill:(

TheJims wrote: »
    Going to throw a rare TNT against Red Kings today and sneak a win, played possum WNWIM with seconds twice against him last season but I think this is the year to challenge the top 3! :cool:

In other news i woke up this morning to see my fullback with an Irish U20 flag beside his name?! odd considering i was told to stop tranining him 3 weeks ago

I wont complain though as its my FIRST EVER LITTLE FLAG!

I just about made it. Logged on at 11.25 and set a decent team.

I played normal when i saw your man Stringer not playing;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,181 ✭✭✭crisco10

the match engine is a cruel mistress. Decided to go for a lineout based game. 30 mins in and both my 2nd rows have gone off injured. :mad::rolleyes::confused:

Edit: on the upside, just noticed his 10 has gone off injured and been replaced by a injury filler player. Seems to have a CSR of 4000. Shame I didn't have more creative play in my tactics to run at him!

Ouch! Though I'm glad it was your 2nds. Saw the scoreline and that ye both played Normal... was not looking forward to meeting Forza again.

I was really pleased with my performance today... until I saw he played WNWIM to my TNT. Very very close to a draw, he only took me by penos. No bonus win for him but no bonus point loss for me.

As expected, he destroyed me in the lineout.

Ouch! Though I'm glad it was your 2nds. Saw the scoreline and that ye both played Normal... was not looking forward to meeting Forza again.

I was really pleased with my performance today... until I saw he played WNWIM to my TNT. Very very close to a draw, he only took me by penos. No bonus win for him but no bonus point loss for me.

As expected, he destroyed me in the lineout.

Damn, guifin got to wnwim the week before he plays me! Added to my mistake that is a very poor weekend of br for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Another week another loss. Im loving div 1 :pac:

Damn, guifin got to wnwim the week before he plays me! Added to my mistake that is a very poor weekend of br for me.

He's terrifying! Can't believe I actually had him marked down as a team I could take. Gonna have to redraw the whole system.

He's terrifying! Can't believe I actually had him marked down as a team I could take. Gonna have to redraw the whole system.

With the right tactics I think I can take him on level intensities. But if I get things wrong/ he gets them right I will be lucky to win with an intensity advantage.

I had an intensity advantage for my two matches last season against them, one I won 55-0 so could probably have won that on equal intensities (although his outhalf was injured for the game which helped loads!), the other I lost 20-17 so would have been well beaten if I normalled.

Makes next weekend interesting to say the least!

• Advertisement

With the right tactics I think I can take him on level intensities. But if I get things wrong/ he gets them right I will be lucky to win with an intensity advantage.

I had an intensity advantage for my two matches last season against them, one I won 55-0 so could probably have won that on equal intensities (although his outhalf was injured for the game which helped loads!), the other I lost 20-17 so would have been well beaten if I normalled.

Makes next weekend interesting to say the least!

Great having fellow boardsies in the league. Means i won't have to watch Cormosia absolutely steam roller my boys on Saturday.

Advertisement