Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 17 League and Cup General Discussion/Woe sharing!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Oisinjm

The team I was supposed to play in the cup tomorrow just turned bot. To say I'm chuffed is an understatement. Bit of extra cash for me in Div IV. :pac:

Oisín

EDIT: Just realised this is in the wrong thread, I'm on the ball

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Now to check if I have Mauling Bear or Grubber this weekend. Feckin' loads of boardsies about!

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭satory

TheVoodoo wrote: »
    Yes, Stab county is / was a boardsie.

User : Blendage (IIRC)

Well he has gone BOT...

Which on one hand is a shame, but on the other it means I don't have to think about Wednesday's fixture anymore :)

satory wrote: »
    Well he has gone BOT...

Which on one hand is a shame, but on the other it means I don't have to think about Wednesday's fixture anymore :)

OH MY GOD!

Stab County!?!?!? Why was I like "How do I know him...." Sure I was only in his feckin' league for about 5 seasons!

Yeah he left BR ages ago, but people were keeping his team active for him. Think Ajeff may have been the occasional logger-inner. The lads in Div III.9 will be delighted!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Wouldn't mind an ould bot or two in the league myself!

This weekend will prove whether or not I have what it takes to survive in Div III. I targeted two teams at the start of the season to finish ahead of and survive (as the lad who got promoted with me is joint top of the league and hammering everyone...weird...don't know what he was doing in Div IV, but he has one of the strongest, if not the strongest squad in my league, including the guy who came down from Div II!), so the first guy I targeted I played on opening day and won with no bonus but denied him a losing bonus, since then been putting out half teams and WNWIM in anticipation of this game, again at home and against a lad I need to finish ahead of.

He's a good bit stronger than me if truth be told, and has been WNWIM'ing it for a while now too, so just hoping home advantage and tactics can see me through. If not, I'm more or less consigned to relegation, even at this early stage, unless I can pull off a few surprises later on in the league with a few ninja LTNT against teams resting against me...which I fear may well have to be my plan B!

• Advertisement

[Jackass] wrote: »
    Wouldn't mind an ould bot or two in the league myself!

This weekend will prove whether or not I have what it takes to survive in Div III. I targeted two teams at the start of the season to finish ahead of and survive (as the lad who got promoted with me is joint top of the league and hammering everyone...weird...don't know what he was doing in Div IV, but he has one of the strongest, if not the strongest squad in my league, including the guy who came down from Div II!), so the first guy I targeted I played on opening day and won with no bonus but denied him a losing bonus, since then been putting out half teams and WNWIM in anticipation of this game, again at home and against a lad I need to finish ahead of.

He's a good bit stronger than me if truth be told, and has been WNWIM'ing it for a while now too, so just hoping home advantage and tactics can see me through. If not, I'm more or less consigned to relegation, even at this early stage, unless I can pull off a few surprises later on in the league with a few ninja LTNT against teams resting against me...which I fear may well have to be my plan B!

If teams swap countries they'll often get put in Div IV if other places aren't available. Sure Open Side crossed over a few years back and went from Div IV to Div I in 3 seasons I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

Had a quick look at them. From what I can tell he moved to Ireland in Season 13 and was put in division II. He then started to overhaul the team selling players for big money and got relegated a couple of times.

The last season and a bit he has started to spend big on players so not suprising he's doing as well as he is. Also wow at his 28 million spent and 25 million received in transfers! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

Oh and Jackass I saw your opponent tonight is absolutely shot in energy. You planning to try for the big upset and ltnt or concentrate on the league?

Yeah noticed that, but no, saving the energy for the relegation battle at the weekend, but messaged my opponent tonight to see if he wanted to make a WNWIM agreement - he didn't reply :pac: (plus I'll be going WNWIM anyway)

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭TheJims

but messaged my opponent tonight to see if he wanted to make a WNWIM agreement - he didn't reply :pac: (plus I'll be going WNWIM anyway)

booooooooo hiisssssshhhhhh :p

• Advertisement

Haha, I take it that's frowned upon? :p

Never did it before, but thought in a cup would make no difference to anyone else and I was just trying to save myself from a mauling and decreasingly happy supporters! :D

not that its frowned upon... just its a hot topic in the global community, when it comes to National Teams having agreements in order to save energy to face harder opposition and a like, it can really p*ss off other people in the league/tourney.

then theres situations when people break the agreements and LTNTing a team thats WNWIMing... You cant exactly go bitching about the team who lied and went against the agreement coz their not "legal" in the first place..

i guess they are frowned upon after all! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭Phonehead

I'm playing my only real competition this weekend, If I win I'll be happily surprised. I'd say I have the taking of him if my 2 NT guys weren't fecked energy wise, but I can't complain as I know no matter how the season pans out I'll still probably at worst finish second with good contentment and nice prize money. I still would much prefer to be battling for Div II survival in Ireland though so I'm counting down the days until my return.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭Phonehead

Don't mention agreements:eek::eek::eek::eek: ;)

hmm put out my weakest team on wnwim becoz my best are dead energy wise, and i have a must win match this weekend, i think Pablo might pip me if he got his tactics right!

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭seanand

mar-z wrote: »
    Also wow at his 28 million spent and 25 million received in transfers! :eek:
    iv seen guys with over 100mill in and out and im sure theres higher

Haha, I take it that's frowned upon? :p

Never did it before, but thought in a cup would make no difference to anyone else and I was just trying to save myself from a mauling and decreasingly happy supporters! :D

Don't think it's frowned upon, but it really depends on who you ask. Some people hate it. I've never had formal agreements, but once or twice over the years, yeah, sure.

A few of the lads around here had them when they were in the same league. It's ok if ye are on the same level and giving each other a fair shout, but different (and less fun) if one team is going to destroy the other and league positions are at stake.

Different story on the national stage though.
    Phonehead wrote: »
    I'm playing my only real competition this weekend, If I win I'll be happily surprised. I'd say I have the taking of him if my 2 NT guys weren't fecked energy wise, but I can't complain as I know no matter how the season pans out I'll still probably at worst finish second with good contentment and nice prize money. I still would much prefer to be battling for Div II survival in Ireland though so I'm counting down the days until my return.

I'm also counting down the days until your return :)

Well, my plan to limit the damage caused by Mumu by putting the ball up the jumper is failing somewhat. 24 points after 25 minutes. My plan might have worked if I ever got the damn ball! Hah.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭westman1

one more round in the cup will probably get hammered next week should be a nice pay day supporters back up to bouyant first time this season:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭AG2R

Dumped out of the cup is an understatement....

• Advertisement

Haha well, my "agreement" didn't work. He hasn't logged in in ages and his team is default at LTNT (hence the dead energy Mar-Z), so I put out my worst team and played WNWIM (with a focus on this weekend) and um, yeah, it got ugly...

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭seanand

http://www.blackoutrugby.com/game/club.squad.youth.php#player=7282517
    http://www.blackoutrugby.com/game/club.squad.youth.php#player=7277560
    seriously whats the chances i get two fatties the same day? hmm what to do with them haha

• Registered Users Posts: 6,183 ✭✭✭crisco10

Lovely stuff, went normal against Killarney today and got the BP win. nice.

a bit annoyingly he scored two tries in last 5 mins to get a Try BP also. but meh, would have taken a 5-1 score this morning.

Edit: Sh!t, just noticed he LTNTed!! feckin chuffed now. Also my brand new stadium (opened yesterday) was 98% full today. gotta love having Euphoric fans..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Scored my first league points of div 1 today which hauled me out of the auto relegation places, happy days!! this league is quite complex between having to negoitiate sleeping giants and then teams you need to beat.

Got devoured by Mauling Bear today, as expected. They used a normal against my normal, so not feeling too bad, at least I didn't let them away with an energy saver :)

Back down to 6th position in the league, where I'm kinda expecting/hoping to end the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭AG2R

Top of the league with 4 wins from 4 with 4 BT :D
    Youths top of their league too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

crisco10 wrote: »
    Lovely stuff, went normal against Killarney today and got the BP win. nice.

a bit annoyingly he scored two tries in last 5 mins to get a Try BP also. but meh, would have taken a 5-1 score this morning.

Edit: Sh!t, just noticed he LTNTed!! feckin chuffed now. Also my brand new stadium (opened yesterday) was 98% full today. gotta love having Euphoric fans..
    Looks like Killarney have LTNT all their games so far this season. His first 15 are less fooked than you'd expect, so there's a bit of rotation going on; It still looks pretty suicidal though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,853 ✭✭✭daheff

just realised i got drawn against ballina bohemians in the cup

well bye bye cup :(

bit of a boring season...league is a bit too easy, no real competition there...and if i'm already out of the cup ,then all thats left is the boards cup (and my affiliate)

daheff wrote: »

bit of a boring season...league is a bit too easy, no real competition there...and if i'm already out of the cup ,then all thats left is the boards cup (and my affiliate)

Really? I'd have fancied FRF against Ballina Bohemians. Certainly wouldn't be all doom and gloom, they're well within your reach brah!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,784 ✭✭✭corny

daheff wrote: »

I agree with Fewcifur you're more than a match for him especially with the energy difference and home advantage.

Advertisement