Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 17 League and Cup General Discussion/Woe sharing!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭corny

Had a moment of inspiration/madness in the wee hours of last night and splashed out nearly 3.4million on a new flanker. Thought i needed a marquee player but got a bit carried away in a bidding war. It happens:p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

corny wrote: »
    Had a moment of inspiration/madness in the wee hours of last night and splashed out nearly 3.4million on a new flanker. Thought i needed a marquee player but got a bit carried away in a bidding war. It happens:p

3.4 mil?! Fuppin' 'ell! Didn't know you had that sort of cash lyin' about. Jaysis!

Fewcifur wrote: »
    3.4 mil?! Fuppin' 'ell! Didn't know you had that sort of cash lyin' about. Jaysis!

Sold a few recently.

I'm back to being broke now!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,183 ✭✭✭crisco10

Love Tuesdays like today, 7 pops across my 3 trainees. Means i won't get too many pops for Christmas though..lol

crisco10 wrote: »
    Love Tuesdays like today, 7 pops across my 3 trainees. Means i won't get too many pops for Christmas though..lol

No presents for you Crisco!

• Advertisement

Well I called it, Ballina Bohemians play two matches at WNWIM, leaving them better energy than my lads after TNTing Grubber. It would be a complete disaster if I didn't get points from Grubber, but, bah, a Ballina win is going to make this league way too interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭westman1

quad cup still looking for one more sign up for ireland its a monday comp played wnwim its for next season polk high was in the last edition seasons back look where he is now ,think of the time saved not looking for fixtures no pressure .link is on ireland lounge and third party comp lounge on BR website

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭seanand

westman1 wrote: »
    quad cup still looking for one more sign up for ireland its a monday comp played wnwim polk high was in the last edition seasons back look where he is now ,think of the time saved not looking for fixtures no pressure

will it start as soon as that team sign up? ask one of the new teams asking friendlies in the friendly lounge

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭AG2R

I'll sign up if there is a player needed? Somebody just needs to show me where to go :pac;

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dGd3VTdVcGVjWDJIdVQyWGJFU3h0SkE6MQ#gid=0
    heres the sign up page just saw it doesnt start till next season

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

When I started an affiliate team I decided to to do a Greyhound on it and just play the transfer market but to be honest I find it quite boring and soul destroying. Just hiring in mercenaries knowing they only have a season or 2 in them, its kinda shite to be honest. New plan, think i'll go away and build an academy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭daheff

When I started an affiliate team I decided to to do a Greyhound on it and just play the transfer market but to be honest I find it quite boring and soul destroying. Just hiring in mercenaries knowing they only have a season or 2 in them, its kinda shite to be honest. New plan, think i'll go away and build an academy.

yeah but your team is waay better than my affiliate (both started together). I'm going the academy /training route. Its a long way forward though.

my affiliate has full lvl3s its really fun, it makes you realise what your missing out for your main team if you dont have it

Just looking at my next opponents in the cup Apoel Cormosia and came across his transfer record.

Total Transfers 104
    Total Value of Players Sold: $10,584,451
    Total Value of Players Purchased: $0

Goes to show you can build some team from within.

Just looking at my next opponents in the cup Apoel Cormosia and came across his transfer record.

Total Transfers 104
    Total Value of Players Sold: $10,584,451
    Total Value of Players Purchased: $0

Goes to show you can build some team from within.

Wow, that's really impressive. Also surely means he has flaws! Let's get him!

C'mon, you either have to take him now or in the league, otherwise how else will ya promote?

Wow, that's really impressive. Also surely means he has flaws! Let's get him!

C'mon, you either have to take him now or in the league, otherwise how else will ya promote?

I doubt his 400,000CSR player can even spell flaw.;)

I'm nowhere near good enough to challenge unfortunately; I can't work out how he was relegated.

The only good news is the average age of his best players is very late twenties and he doesn't have a lot coming in behind them. Maybe in a couple of seasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭Phonehead

Although I'd suspect a season 1 team who has never purchased one player and has sold 10.5m worth is probably sitting on 30m + in the bank. I reckon once he starts to rebuild he could easily have a squad capable of taking the mighty Ruffles down.

Nothing like getting the snot beat out of you on a saturday afternoon. At least im still in the relegation play off positions.

I doubt his 400,000CSR player can even spell flaw.;)

So you're saying we should bamboozle them with booksmarts? I like it! Let's get Mar-z in on this, we can take him down together!
    Phonehead wrote: »
    Although I'd suspect a season 1 team who has never purchased one player and has sold 10.5m worth is probably sitting on 30m + in the bank. I reckon once he starts to rebuild he could easily have a squad capable of taking the mighty Ruffles down.

Bet he misses the old days of interest.
    Nothing like getting the snot beat out of you on a saturday afternoon. At least im still in the relegation play off positions.

I hear ya brah!

There's now only 1 win between 8th and 4th place in our league. I was hoping to have my 6th place spot somewhat secure after today. Boo-urns.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,183 ✭✭✭crisco10

Ffs, hate games like today. Dominated most of the stats but lost. Can't look at penalty count cos on phone, it must have been why I lost...(I hope)

http://www.blackoutrugby.com/game/tools.live.scoring.php#fixture=9628545&report=1

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 454 ✭✭Israel_Dagg

11 penalties to his 8 conceded. You bossed the stats but he spent just as much time in your 22 as his. Unlucky mate!

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭cclampett

Phonehead wrote: »
    . I reckon once he starts to rebuild he could easily have a squad capable of taking the mighty Ruffles down.

ahh, dreamers and revolutionaries

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭TheJims

Merry Xmas lads, hope Santa brings loads of pops at 12:08 ;)

TheJims wrote: »
    Merry Xmas lads, hope Santa brings loads of pops at 12:08 ;)

You mean the lads don't get the day off? Time to check BR I reckon!

Merry Mishmash to you all, and to all a good mishmash!

You mean the lads don't get the day off? Time to check BR I reckon!

Merry Mishmash to you all, and to all a good mishmash!
    My worse trainee got four pops and just finished my first dinner and a new fone on which in typing this so happy Christmas or mishmash.

Looks like i'll be bowing out of the cup this evening. No harm as need to concentrate on the league if im gonna stay up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

Looks like i'll be bowing out of the cup this evening. No harm as need to concentrate on the league if im gonna stay up.

going to be close for me, decided not to give up completely and go normal. looks like they have too. only one star between us overall...

lets see how it goes, not too bothered if bow out as would be WNWIM'ing it next week if through!

Focus on league time, secure safety!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 454 ✭✭Israel_Dagg

Any stand out ties in the cup tonight? Want to follow a game :)

Any stand out ties in the cup tonight? Want to follow a game :)

That's some good game dedication

• Advertisement

eoferrall wrote: »
    going to be close for me, decided not to give up completely and go normal. looks like they have too. only one star between us overall...

lets see how it goes, not too bothered if bow out as would be WNWIM'ing it next week if through!

Focus on league time, secure safety!

Can't stop now!

Advertisement