Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 17 League and Cup General Discussion/Woe sharing!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

TheVoodoo wrote: »
    In the higher leagues every sinlgle point counts. Theres only 3 teams I stand a chance of beating in my league(Polish DivI), so i'm going to WNWIM all other games, and LTNT the winnable ones, to hopefully stay up. That way I can develop into an actual challenging squad for the Cup(best result is Semi).

I'm actually finding this aspect really tough because I don't know what I'm up against. There are only two teams I reckon I have no chance against, one team I might beat with a fluke, two teams I probably wouldn't beat but might with the right tactics, one team that'll be stupidly close and then one team I should beat.

... but I'm not exactly sure which team falls into what position :pac:

Haven't played many of the teams and those I have I know have spanked me.
    Not sure whether to gamble on the unknowns being easier prospects, or trying to play out of my skin with the likes of Forza and Mauling Bear.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,757 ✭✭✭corny

Fewcifur wrote: »
    I'm actually finding this aspect really tough because I don't know what I'm up against. There are only two teams I reckon I have no chance against, one team I might beat with a fluke, two teams I probably wouldn't beat but might with the right tactics, one team that'll be stupidly close and then one team I should beat.

... but I'm not exactly sure which team falls into what position :pac:

Haven't played many of the teams and those I have I know have spanked me.
    Not sure whether to gamble on the unknowns being easier prospects, or trying to play out of my skin with the likes of Forza and Mauling Bear.

How the season unfolds can play a huge part. In my second season in Div2 i was knocked out of the cup early which wasn't nice but it gave me a real energy advantage in the first half of the league season. I won 5 out of 7 but in the second half, when energy was more even, i won 2 out 7.

Opportunities can arise even against the best teams.

corny wrote: »
    How the season unfolds can play a huge part. In my second season in Div2 i was knocked out of the cup early which wasn't nice but it gave me a real energy advantage in the first half of the league season. I won 5 out of 7 but in the second half, when energy was more even, i won 2 out 7.

Opportunities can arise even against the best teams.

Ah I know, but it doesn't help the early planning. I made my initial list, but then noticed I was trying to TNT way too much, pretty much taking a shot at every team bar Apoel.
    I've pretty much resigned the cup to low priority, so if there's any conflict it has to go, so hopefully there'll be some energy mismatches early on. Maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,181 ✭✭✭crisco10

Disaster. Accepted friendly against random team. Went on to set tactics there. Match kicks off in 15 mins. So now playing ltnt with firsts in a Monday friendly. Ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭TheJims

:eek: atleast your goin to win eh?

thatll have a knock-on affect for the whole season??

• Advertisement

crisco10 wrote: »
    Disaster. Accepted friendly against random team. Went on to set tactics there. Match kicks off in 15 mins. So now playing ltnt with firsts in a Monday friendly. Ffs

Got caught similarly (albeit with a normal with the 1sts) so now I'm very careful about these random friendlies from foreign lands.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

I've been caught before alright with default team so don't have it set to LTNT anymore, I then set default when going away so it's good to go if necessary for cups etc where the fixture won't appear until match is played.

Harsh, but at least it is the start of the season and bot in cup so can recover quickly and hopefully not too much damage to season.

Yeah my default was usually some random selection with WNWIM. But was away a few weeks ago, so had set to LTNT firsts to cover a cup game I think..

2 ltnts in a row, my energy is shot. But hopefully a few WNWIM in the cup will solve the problem. A lesson about random friendlies though, bloody Koreans! only won 18-14 too..(he normalled?!)

Still can't fully comprehend the benefits of moving to a different country, unless you're actually physically moving to that country (or near) in real life.
    Few of my lads on the transfer market, bids in from very Irish sounding clubs... only to find out they're in places like Namibia.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭seanand

what like irish exiles and newcastle west ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,757 ✭✭✭corny

satory wrote: »
    I'll probably regret it at some point over the next few days, but I just put my name forward...

Congrats Satory.

Do us proud!

seanand wrote: »
    what like irish exiles and newcastle west ;)

Probably :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭Phonehead

The TM is crazy, I see a French 17 year lock was signed for 2.2m, on the flip there is no market for older players

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

Phonehead wrote: »
    The TM is crazy, I see a French 17 year lock was signed for 2.2m, on the flip there is no market for older players

Seems if you are either greater than 30000 csr or have the right physical attributes you'll absolutely be rolling in the cash.

As well as older players the market for 20-25k csr is now gone.

Edit: Congrats Satory!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

mar-z wrote: »
    Seems if you are either greater than 30000 csr or have the right physical attributes you'll absolutely be rolling in the cash.

As well as older players the market for 20-25k csr is now gone.

Edit: Congrats Satory!

yip, sold a decent player there around 22k and he went for 3k.:mad: perfectly adequate for a lower team and had good non-trainables too.

eoferrall wrote: »
    yip, sold a decent player there around 22k and he went for 3k.:mad: perfectly adequate for a lower team and had good non-trainables too.

This is real nerdy, but I'd love to have a look at economic trends on BR. Been toying with the idea of emailing Jeremy and asking do they have transfer history in the API. Or if there is any way to get transfer histories in bulk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

This is real nerdy, but I'd love to have a look at economic trends on BR. Been toying with the idea of emailing Jeremy and asking do they have transfer history in the API. Or if there is any way to get transfer histories in bulk.

Your not an Economics grad by any chance, are you? If not, you should consider it, you'd love all that statistical analysis and identifying market trends! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

They have records of the transactions, accessible (messy but possible) via the player histories. They don't have records of player skills though, so you don't know what the player would have looked like at the time of sale. Recording this data is somewhere on the list of things to do. If you fancy delving into some c# to accelerate things, let me know :)

They have records of the transactions, accessible (messy but possible) via the player histories. They don't have records of player skills though, so you don't know what the player would have looked like at the time of sale. Recording this data is somewhere on the list of things to do. If you fancy delving into some c# to accelerate things, let me know :)

Csr at time of transfer is listed tho...?

Well, one of my 28 year old locks is definitely going for at least 50k.

Unfortunately he was my reluctant sale... so... the other lads better get sold too!

• Advertisement

[Jackass] wrote: »
    Your not an Economics grad by any chance, are you? If not, you should consider it, you'd love all that statistical analysis and identifying market trends! :pac:

An engineer actually...although doing masters in business. loved Economics module...:D:D

There's another lad aged 28 going for at least 50k. Both being bought by Irish teams, which is nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭AG2R

Top of the league and in the 3rd round :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

Have had about 5 mails today asking me to sell my 17yo players/put them on the market. Offers ranging from 500k-2Mil...

I also got an offer for a player just SCOUTED into my YA.

WTF is happening with the tm? I picked up two 22-24yo 150k csr players for less than the amount I sold an 80k 19yo for, and still had change left over...

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭TheJims

:eek: good lord..

i sold a 17yr old prop for 155k, and seen similiar go for 800k plus... stupid level 2 YA

things are going crazy atm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Feck, looks like Deise has gone LTNT. So did i so it looks like another loss and a wasted LTNT. Far too many purple stars in this league!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Fewcifur wrote: »
    Still can't fully comprehend the benefits of moving to a different country, unless you're actually physically moving to that country (or near) in real life.
    Few of my lads on the transfer market, bids in from very Irish sounding clubs... only to find out they're in places like Namibia.

This is a little pet peeve of mine!

I've seen a lot of Irish clubs who've spent a number of seasons in Kenya (more often than not) after being a lowly Div 4 / 3 Irish team, they change to there and win the Div 1 or place 3 or 4 seasons in a row, get loads of prize money and members and build up their squad and come back...

Like fair play to them, but it just seems like a sneaky way to fast track your team by getting the benefits of being a div 1 team champion for a while with none of the hard work, expenses or competition!

There's two ex-kenya div 1 teams in my league..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

[Jackass] wrote: »
    This is a little pet peeve of mine!

I've seen a lot of Irish clubs who've spent a number of seasons in Kenya (more often than not) after being a lowly Div 4 / 3 Irish team, they change to there and win the Div 1 or place 3 or 4 seasons in a row, get loads of prize money and members and build up their squad and come back...

Like fair play to them, but it just seems like a sneaky way to fast track your team by getting the benefits of being a div 1 team champion for a while with none of the hard work, expenses or competition!

There's two ex-kenya div 1 teams in my league..

I moved my team to Poland because I was moving to Eastern Europe/Middle East with work. Timing wise it meant i could be closer to being online when matches etc were happening. I do intend on moving back in a few seasons though, when I physically fully move back home.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 454 ✭✭Israel_Dagg

Got Deise in 3rd round of cup :(

• Advertisement

TheVoodoo wrote: »
    I moved my team to Poland because I was moving to Eastern Europe/Middle East with work. Timing wise it meant i could be closer to being online when matches etc were happening. I do intend on moving back in a few seasons though, when I physically fully move back home.

See that makes perfect sense to me.

Never really thought too much about the difference between Div 1 sponsorship and Div IV Ireland. Really is a nice step up in terms of money, but the quality isn't there. Might be a short term gain, but tis no team built on hard graft. Sure look at Chelsea (hopes that works, my soccer knowledge is nay as tight as it should be.)

Oh my, last second decision to go loco and TNT Forza Juve... bad idea. Let's just say their unbeaten record will remain intact.

Advertisement