Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 17 League and Cup General Discussion/Woe sharing!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,183 ✭✭✭crisco10

Looks like Killarney have LTNT all their games so far this season. His first 15 are less fooked than you'd expect, so there's a bit of rotation going on; It still looks pretty suicidal though.

Yeah, our energy levels were level at kick off on Sat.

He has lots of players with 100k to 150k CSR, seems to be his approach to rotate and LTNT. It's a novel approach that could pay handsomely in the latter part of the season. Also, gives him better odds of having lots of high form players...

And think FRF could very much take on Ballina. Give it some thought and see if its worth it but don't assume you're boll!xed

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

corny wrote: »
    I agree with Fewcifur you're more than a match for him especially with the energy difference and home advantage.

Of course quite a bit of that is based on hope, since I have to play Ballina the week after next! Really ruins my fun though, cause I can't go full-steam at Grubber at all this season because the next week will always be the crucial match against Ballina.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,782 ✭✭✭corny

Fewcifur wrote: »
    Of course quite a bit of that is based on hope, since I have to play Ballina the week after next! Really ruins my fun though, cause I can't go full-steam at Grubber at all this season because the next week will always be the crucial match against Ballina.

Don't worry i'll soften them up this weekend for ye.;)

Don't worry i'll soften them up this weekend for ye.;)

Ugh, if they're smart they'll WNWIM you leaving me open for a whollop. Thankfully I'm out of the cup (though I stupidly accepted a Monday friendly)

Actually, if they TNT in the cup against FRF, I should be ok energy-wise. I'm torn between selfishly wanting Ballina to win and get tied up the following week, and wanting FRF to do well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭daheff

Go long on the selfish :)

I dont think I've ever beaten a div 2 team (yet)... if the cup gods are smiling on me, then theres the outside hope!

Tactically he's probably much better than me (being in the game longer and having managed U20 team).

that said...trash talking it is (via steacyms journalist piece :)

• Advertisement

daheff wrote: »
    Go long on the selfish :)

I dont think I've ever beaten a div 2 team (yet)... if the cup gods are smiling on me, then theres the outside hope!

Tactically he's probably much better than me (being in the game longer and having managed U20 team).

that said...trash talking it is (via steacyms journalist piece :)

Ah no, he's as much a Div II team as my lads, and you'd have no issues meeting the Curly Sues in the cup.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

Damn it forgot to set team for the cup tonight, realised it is wednesday looking at calendar in work. won't be much analysis done in attempting to set them on my phone. Don't even know who I am playing!!

I'll kick myself if I drop out of cup for this!! :(

Just got the kiss of death...Steacym tips FRF by 9 :(

daheff wrote: »
    Just got the kiss of death...Steacym tips FRF by 9 :(

Pre match stars in FRF favour! if tactics are right, it's there for them...G'luck!

Edit: so far so good, 64-0 down just short of halftime. Luckily im away and they are 7.5 ranking points ahead of me, don't think I'll lose any ranking points for this one. Anybody know how contentment reacts in such a situation?

FRF 6-10 near HT, tight!

Damn that's tight!

• Advertisement

Damn that's tight!

Tough loss dheff!

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭westman1

lost by 43 against the mudflingers he wasnt even trying

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭TheJims

Made it into the 6th round, not sure if its my first time or not thou? That's respectable right?? Up against Offloaders next thou so no contest! Shame we couldn't play it in their stadium :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭seanand

fair play jim that surely a record for you best iv done is 5th rd and i didnt even make the 5th round this season for either teams :(

crisco10 wrote: »
    Tough loss dheff!

Crazy tough loss.

Sound be an interesting on for him next week, he's playing Forza in the league AND the cup, and he's on crappy energy. Which will he WNWIM, or will he WNWIM them both and take a go at me the following week. Interesting to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

So looks like Deise are going to be knocking me out of the cup again this season

Bit of a come down from last yrs performance, went from semi finalist to losing 120 odd nil this week. Suits me from a league point of view to throw tonights game...

13 different scorers in my game tonight; think its the first time thats happened.

Ballina Bohemians on Saturday and next Wednesday now. You just know he's going to target one of them.

13 different scorers in my game tonight; think its the first time thats happened.

Ballina Bohemians on Saturday and next Wednesday now. You just know he's going to target one of them.

He might not. Depends on how he rates me and how he rates himself. In my mind he's my biggest competition in terms of avoiding relegation, so I see our match as a must win. Would imagine he'd feel the same way, unless he thinks he can pick up wins next season, which is pretty cocky, and I don't really get that vibe off him.

My money is on him WNWIM both matches against you and hoping to get energy back for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭AG2R

Finished Second in my league last season,5 points clear so far this season(IV.35). 10 different try scorers for me this season too. Will be annoyed at myself if I don't win this season.
    Youths are running away with theirs too with 6 points clear.

• Advertisement

crisco10 wrote: »
    Tough loss dheff!

it was...it was some humdinger of a game though...i was 2 points ahead with 3 mins to go...then he got a kickable penalty

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Even though my energy is low i decided to go for a sneaky LTNT against Monivea thinking he wouldnt expect it. So far so good, 20-0 after 25mins.

Jaysis, some match going on now with Grubber, 6-6 at the moment. Brutal bloodshed battling bears.

Jaysis, some match going on now with Grubber, 6-6 at the moment. Brutal bloodshed battling bears.

Some finish!

Some finish!

Phew! You're telling me! Hilarious though, cause I was like a minute ahead of Mar-z with the feed, so my texts were getting to him before the commentary :D

Wow, knew it was going to come down to whoever got the final cheap penalty. Glad it was me. Sooooo close though.

Now we'll see if my gamble plays off when I got to Ballina with less energy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Destroyed Monivea 30-0 and the best part of it was he LTNT too! Disappointed didnt get the try BP, would have put me in the play off spots.

Destroyed Monivea 30-0 and the best part of it was he LTNT too! Disappointed didnt get the try BP, would have put me in the play off spots.

Quality win over them for sure. Take THAT! Peow peow!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭AG2R

Still top of the league,match today was a lot closer though 34-23

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

Phew! You're telling me! Hilarious though, cause I was like a minute ahead of Mar-z with the feed, so my texts were getting to him before the commentary :D

Wow, knew it was going to come down to whoever got the final cheap penalty. Glad it was me. Sooooo close though.

Now we'll see if my gamble plays off when I got to Ballina with less energy.

Good win fewcifur :(

And you texting me before my feed got there was not hilarious!

At least Guifin lost keeping me in decent shape overall in the league (although it makes me regret the loss even more as well)

• Advertisement

mar-z wrote: »
    Good win fewcifur :(

And you texting me before my feed got there was not hilarious!

At least Guifin lost keeping me in decent shape overall in the league (although it makes me regret the loss even more as well)

It's funny, because we're two matches away from the halfway mark and it's all completely to play for. I thought there'd be more of a distance. Ok, so Apoel are miles in front, and Forza are exactly where you'd expect them to be, but the rest of the spots could easily swap completely. Well, maybe not Bears... those bullies will cling onto 3rd regardless!

Advertisement