Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 17 League and Cup General Discussion/Woe sharing!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

If only you could time the release of players...

I always remember to sell them at like stupid o' clock! Bah!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

crisco10 wrote: »
    Ahhh, U20 silly season on tm!

Holy feck! I'm gonna try and cash in with a slightly crappier player!

http://www.blackoutrugby.com/game/club.squad.php#player=12142234

At least he has some untrainable advantages...the guy originally posted doesn't have much other than a half decent csr for a 17 year old...that's insane money!! If I get a bid on my guy I'll be amazed! :D If I do, I have another crappy 17 year old to flog who's just hanging around as a cheap wage lamb to slaughter player / playing a bot teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭jprender

It all depends on the birthday jackass.

Your guy is too old for the U20 WC in Season 20.

Haha, damn it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

Got 1.9 mil for a 19yo there a few days ago. Not particularily wonderful, had underpreformed for me! I'll try pick up two guys in his place.

• Advertisement

I'm gonna sell a hooker, utility back and 2nd row tomorrow after the league match. All three are a bit long in the tooth, but would serve a new or mid-table div III team nicely if they're looking for a sub or a short-term boost... so hopefully I get some beans.

Lads, I'll be honest... I am super stoked about my first match in Div II. I looked through my league and I've the weakest CSR around, so I'm sure to be the underdog... which is great! Love having to fight all season long!

• Site Banned Posts: 154 ✭✭EEm

Ooooooh I get to vote :D Woooo, exciting! :)

Fewcifur wrote: »
    I'm gonna sell a hooker, utility back and 2nd row tomorrow after the league match. All three are a bit long in the tooth, but would serve a new or mid-table div III team nicely if they're looking for a sub or a short-term boost... so hopefully I get some beans.

Lads, I'll be honest... I am super stoked about my first match in Div II. I looked through my league and I've the weakest CSR around, so I'm sure to be the underdog... which is great! Love having to fight all season long!

I'm so unreasonably excited about the season kicking off in a couple of hours! I start my season at home to a team that will surely be a fellow relegation battler come the end of the season and one of the teams I'm targeting to finish ahead of, so going all out to start with a win and announce my arrival...big game for an opener!

Expecting to win my game today. Hopefully I can keep a strong defense going. Won my cup game 122-0 midweek so another strong showing and I'll be happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭TheJims

A team transferred from england and into my division, by the looks of them they shud be in div2.. i d say they'll win all their matches and auto promote next season.

Up against them today so threw out the seconds to be slaughtered

• Advertisement

[Jackass] wrote: »
    I'm so unreasonably excited about the season kicking off in a couple of hours! I start my season at home to a team that will surely be a fellow relegation battler come the end of the season and one of the teams I'm targeting to finish ahead of, so going all out to start with a win and announce my arrival...big game for an opener!

I've got the exact same situation here. I'm up against the second weakest team in the league and surely a friend near the relegation zone, so I went all out to draw some blood. :)

How are things going for ye guys? WIll win my opener easily :cool:

EEm wrote: »
    How are things going for ye guys? WIll win my opener easily :cool:

Seems to be pretty evenly matched today, only really kicking opps on both side... unfortunately my kicker has missed two penalties in a row, leaving the scoreline 6-3 to them.

Really need to get a solid try or three.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

There is some kind of insanity going on in my game. Im playing WNWIM against Fight Club 48ers with a few trainees thrown in for good measure. Effectively i was throwing the game and he was a good bit ahead of me in the stars but somehow after 54mins im leading 14-18.

Craaap why didnt i play normal or even with a full team, this one could be in the bag.

There is some kind of insanity going on in my game. Im playing WNWIM against Fight Club 48ers with a few trainees thrown in for good measure. Effectively i was throwing the game and he was a good bit ahead of me in the stars but somehow after 54mins im leading 14-18.

Craaap why didnt i play normal or even with a full team, this one could be in the bag.

Oh my, you could have had it all.

I'm currently leading 22-6. My boys seem to have done all the hard work in the first 30 mins and are now in try scoring mood.

I went TNT, I just hope he did too!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,757 ✭✭✭corny

I'd have definitely thought you'd have an edge in that game.

Normaled against Mauling Bear. Probably losing on the stats but the only one that matters is the score- 23-10 to me.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

The universe has corrected itself again, he's now hammering me as he was supposed to.

I WNWIM the game cause he's at home and i want to save energy for my cunning plan later in the season. I expect to be bottom of the league for a few weeks.

corny wrote: »
    I'd have definitely thought you'd have an edge in that game.

Normaled against Mauling Bear. Probably losing on the stats but the only one that matters is the score- 23-10 to me.:)

Ugh, I saw that win. Mauling Bear is the team that kept beating me down for two seasons... and now not only do I have to face them but also Forza. Aei Aei Aei! At least I may have the measure of Sex Panthers.

5 tries up and I'm sitting pretty at number 2 in the league... the highest I'll get for the rest of the season. May just have to do a screengrab :D

What do ye think of this guy I bought for 14k? :)

I have a strong back row now. Not sure where to put him, 7 or 8?

http://www.blackoutrugby.com/game/club.squad.php#player=3829629

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭bossa_nova

Got a lucky win in the end, was losing 0-16 to win 20-16, think he went TNT too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,757 ✭✭✭corny

Fewcifur wrote: »
    Ugh, I saw that win. Mauling Bear is the team that kept beating me down for two seasons... and now not only do I have to face them but also Forza. Aei Aei Aei! At least I may have the measure of Sex Panthers.

5 tries up and I'm sitting pretty at number 2 in the league... the highest I'll get for the rest of the season. May just have to do a screengrab :D

I know what you're up to! 'Don't mind me i'm no good'. Then next week, BAM. Ambush.;)

Good win btw.

Happy enough with my start, got a win and didn't give away a losing bonus point. But when you get 3 tries and get turned over on their 5 yard line in the last 10 minutes, you always feel like you left a try bonus out there!

Can't complain though. First little chip off the target to stay up!

corny wrote: »
    I know what you're up to! 'Don't mind me i'm no good'. Then next week, BAM. Ambush.;)

Good win btw.

But I've never ever beaten you. I assure you it'll be the 2nds on Saturday, fresh from their victory over whatever bot they face in the cup :)

What do ye think of this guy I bought for 14k? :)

I have a strong back row now. Not sure where to put him, 7 or 8?

http://www.blackoutrugby.com/game/club.squad.php#player=3829629

He's alright, but his CSR is dropping and his skills will drop too. Not bad for that price as an intermidiate space filler though.

Just as an aside, have a read of the stickies at the top of the page. It may familiarize you a bit more with the game. Today you played LTNT vs a Bot, a game you should have saved energy with by using WNWIM. You'll always win vs a bot, even with WNWIM. :)

TheVoodoo wrote: »
    He's alright, but his CSR is dropping and his skills will drop too. Not bad for that price as an intermidiate space filler though.

Just as an aside, have a read of the stickies at the top of the page. It may familiarize you a bit more with the game. Today you played LTNT vs a Bot, a game you should have saved energy with by using WNWIM. You'll always win vs a bot, even with WNWIM. :)

How did you know this? :eek: :P

I didn't know it was a bot at the time. I presume when it says manager is private thats a bot? Enjoying the game a lot though :)

How did you know this? :eek: :P

I didn't know it was a bot at the time. I presume when it says manager is private thats a bot? Enjoying the game a lot though :)

Not always... not always...

But 99% of the time, yes.

Never fear a bot.

Also, looking at the guy you bought... think you overshot the mark there. You should be using your time in Div IV to build up your team longterm. You'll find some teams in Div III who don't even have a 70k CSR player on their team. It's not the cost of buying him, it's the massive wages you'll have to spend each week and the wasted in-game training that should be used on a youngster.

Try either buying an youngster with good un-trainables (height, weight, discipline) but ****e stats - making him cheaper but with a lot of potential - or try going for guys in their early 20s who you'll have for about 10 seasons and won't be too pricey because they're passed their prime training time.

Seriously though, I'd try sell that player once his contract is up. If you time it correctly you could make a profit on him. Don't think there is any point selling him while he's still in contract.

Also, if you want advice it's handy to post up a picture of the guy's stats. We can't see anything other than his weight etc.

If you look in his 'Transfer History', at the time of the last trade he was 83000 now he is 71000. So he's dropped 12000 in about 7 weeks. It's just something to watch out for before investing big money.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,181 ✭✭✭crisco10

So, thought i would go for a cheeky ltnt to kick off my foray into div2. Unfortunately , scorched earth did the same ! But i still won, maybe i can compete up here...or maybe it's a false positive result. Still, not seering at 5 points ....

In the higher leagues every sinlgle point counts. Theres only 3 teams I stand a chance of beating in my league(Polish DivI), so i'm going to WNWIM all other games, and LTNT the winnable ones, to hopefully stay up. That way I can develop into an actual challenging squad for the Cup(best result is Semi).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,181 ✭✭✭crisco10

TheVoodoo wrote: »
    In the higher leagues every sinlgle point counts. Theres only 3 teams I stand a chance of beating in my league(Polish DivI), so i'm going to WNWIM all other games, and LTNT the winnable ones, to hopefully stay up. That way I can develop into an actual challenging squad for the Cup(best result is Semi).

Agree, I think avoiding relegation sometimes calls for strict WNWIM or LTNT. Normal is a nothing middleground. That said, when you are going for promotion, it swings completely, it becomes a "who can use normal instead of LTNT" game to save energy. (Or WNWIM the last 4 league games before the playoff as I did last year!)

Advertisement