Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 17 League and Cup General Discussion/Woe sharing!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,756 ✭✭✭corny

Fewcifur wrote: »
    Oh my, last second decision to go loco and TNT Forza Juve... bad idea. Let's just say their unbeaten record will remain intact.

Delighted with the win. I was taking a chance that you weren't too loco to go with your first team.;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 454 ✭✭Israel_Dagg

I went for the 2 week trial of premium yet still not letting me see the premium fixtures?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

corny wrote: »
    Delighted with the win. I was taking a chance that you weren't too loco to go with your first team.;)

Hah, not in Div II sir, not in Div II. Only dropped the TNT hammer on the 2nds cause I've another bot on Wednesday... plus I was selling off a load of the players who were on the pitch. On the pitch fighting their hardest, then an hour later they're being shipped off. So far one is going to France, one is going to Italy and one is going to Galway.
    I went for the 2 week trial of premium yet still not letting me see the premium fixtures?

That is odd. Do you have a little star in the top left of your display?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 454 ✭✭Israel_Dagg

Hah, not in Div II sir, not in Div II. Only dropped the TNT hammer on the 2nds cause I've another bot on Wednesday... plus I was selling off a load of the players who were on the pitch. On the pitch fighting their hardest, then an hour later they're being shipped off. So far one is going to France, one is going to Italy and one is going to Galway.

That is odd. Do you have a little star in the top left of your display?
    Now I do :) Sorry for posting in here, didn't mean to. :)

2 wins out of 2. Expecting auto promotion :D

Annoying that I have to play a season against 5 bots though. :(

Now I do :) Sorry for posting in here, didn't mean to. :)

2 wins out of 2. Expecting auto promotion :D

Annoying that I have to play a season against 5 bots though. :(

Yeah it's harsh, but make sure you use your time wisely. Play Monday matches against equal or superior teams to get your guys the training they'll miss out on by playing bots.

Also keep an eye on your rating points. Auto-promote is based on your ratings (it used to be based on points) so even if you win every match in your league, you may not be over the auto-promote line. You should be grand, but it's something to think about. Winning Monday matches will help improve your rating.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

Originally Posted by Fewcifur
    Still can't fully comprehend the benefits of moving to a different country, unless you're actually physically moving to that country (or near) in real life.
    Few of my lads on the transfer market, bids in from very Irish sounding clubs... only to find out they're in places like Namibia.

Some left as the BR Irish community went down hill a little;)

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭satory

Lost a league game I should of won today....

Not doing anything like I wanted in the league this season, 2 games 2 defeats

I was thinking of expanding the stadium and thought i'd go for a nice round 18000. Anyway put in the numbers, pushed confirm and it turns out i ordered a 21,000 capacity stadium. Major **** up.:mad:

Wonder if Jeremy can do anything.

krissovo wrote: »
    Some left as the BR Irish community went down hill a little;)

Ah rabble rabble rabble, the only way you can sort out something like that is by sticking around.
    I was thinking of expanding the stadium and thought i'd go for a nice round 18000. Anyway put in the numbers, pushed confirm and it turns out i ordered a 21,000 capacity stadium. Major **** up.:mad:

Or maybe you're determined to crush all before you with your mega-stadium! If only you could compete with that lad in Div IV...

The bastard blackmailed me into buying 3 months premium to rescind the change.:D

Truth be told i've been threatening for ages to go premium.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

The bastard blackmailed me into buying 3 months premium to rescind the change.:D

Once you go premium there's no going back!

21000 would have been fairly harsh on your finances alright, so at least that's sorted.

mar-z wrote: »
    Once you go premium there's no going back!

21000 would have been fairly harsh on your finances alright, so at least that's sorted.

Actually meaning to ask you mar-z do you find 18,000 workable? Thats what i intended but i'm not sure i can fill it every week.

Actually meaning to ask you mar-z do you find 18,000 workable? Thats what i intended but i'm not sure i can fill it every week.

Only just had it for one match now so I'm not sure yet. I was tempted to go a bit smaller but took a shot.

The details of the new stadium finances from the weekend match are as follows

Members: 2262
    Contentment: 50
    Attendance: 16032 (89%)
    Income generated: 220472

I used to generate 237,714 from maxing out my old capacity of 15700, so the expansion lost me money on the weekend. I actually generated almost exactly the same income as the weekend when my stadium was at 96% capacity last season so they are relatively small margins in the grand scheme of things.

But I should end up in the plus over the course of the season compared to the old stadium with a small increase in contentment/members so I think it's workable.

I imagine your contentment is better than mine given our league positions so if your members are similar or greater than mine you'll manage it no problem and get benefit from it financially.

Also, just to note I kept my stadium with 1000 standing so if you have a larger standing capacity already you could probably go more than 18000 overall.

mahgerd! You're never been premium!

Now my one (albeit unknown) edge over you has been removed. Damn youz Cornyz!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,181 ✭✭✭crisco10

Used up all my good luck in the cup last year it would seem! Having had my little energy disaster last week, I then get fecking Tournafulla (complete with Irish internation) in Round 3!

May just have to throw it with WNWIM and 2nds, main goal is to stay up in Div 2 this season.....:angry:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

crisco10 wrote: »
    Used up all my good luck in the cup last year it would seem! Having had my little energy disaster last week, I then get fecking Tournafulla (complete with Irish internation) in Round 3!

May just have to throw it with WNWIM and 2nds, main goal is to stay up in Div 2 this season.....:angry:

Seriously Harsh! I've got a bot tonight, assumed most people still would.

I got knocked out early and I think it actually really helped me stay in DIV II, got a couple of sneaky wins and saved my energy nicely.

Getting knocked out can definitely help league performance, although the more bot rounds you can get the better.

Managed my best win of the season in the early stages of the cup last year against Fight Club.

Have Cossieschoice who played a couple of seasons in the boards league. They haven't logged on for a few weeks so it should be fine though.

Crisco I just made your mistake with energy with my affiliate. Logged in on Monday about 5 mins after the deadline :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,181 ✭✭✭crisco10

mar-z wrote: »
    Getting knocked out can definitely help league performance, although the more bot rounds you can get the better.

Managed my best win of the season in the early stages of the cup last year against Fight Club.

Have Cossieschoice who played a couple of seasons in the boards league. They haven't logged on for a few weeks so it should be fine though.

Crisco I just made your mistake with energy with my affiliate. Logged in on Monday about 5 mins after the deadline :(

It's more annoying than anything else! It's annoying using LTNT and losing a game you never could have won. But the rage that comes along with LTNTing a bloody friendly against someone you don't care about.

And to make matters worse, from a contentment point of view, beating teams above you in friendlies is bad news!

Lucky lucky bot tonight.

The minute I have actual opposition I think I'll be taking a dive to focus on Div II.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭Phonehead

How are you finding Div II Fewi?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Lucky lucky bot tonight.

The minute I have actual opposition I think I'll be taking a dive to focus on Div II.

I have a bot too, I'm hoping for an away draw to a massive team next round. Just want a big payday, have no interest in the cup this season.

Phonehead wrote: »
    How are you finding Div II Fewi?

Hard to judge. I'll have a better idea after this weekend.

My first match was against Sex Panthers, it was a case of "which of us is going to be the league whipping boy this season" and thankfully I had a comfortable win.

Next match was against Corny's lads, had my 2nds on 110% energy so threw on the TNT. Kinda worked out as expected.

This weekend I'm up against Gufin Golfini, so they'll be a good test to see how I'm placed.

Apoel are far too beastly to dent, have never beaten Forza, have only beaten Mauling Bear once (when they were hibernating) and Grubber beat me the majority of the time. So, first time playing Gufin. If they crush me, which is highly likely, then I'll have to make Sex Panthers and Ballina must-win at all cost matches.

It's all hugely exciting.

I played Guffin once before, from what I remember he uses lots of back play so MOM and then stick the ball up the shirt with loads of pick and go with a good measure of creative. Granted that was a few seasons ago but I won comfortably and we would have been evenly matched player wise.

I played Guffin once before, from what I remember he uses lots of back play so MOM and then stick the ball up the shirt with loads of pick and go with a good measure of creative. Granted that was a few seasons ago but I won comfortably and we would have been evenly matched player wise.

Yeah, gonna get my study on tomorrow and see what tricks he's got up his sleeve. Figure his U20s experience will stand to him in terms of tactics, we could be seeing some newly learned lessons deployed on the pitch. I think I'm also composing a club song for him.

He has Vanatge in the centre and Keane in the second row, anyone with those players I would expect to go creative with considerable kicking. Have you a tall front row?

He has Vanatge in the centre and Keane in the second row, anyone with those players I would expect to go creative with considerable kicking. Have you a tall front row?

208 and 207, but there's a 204 lad with more fight in him. Yeah, from looking around, seems the 2nd row situation is a major step up from Div III to Div II. May have to make some short-term purchases in order to stay competitive.

Edit: His 2nd row wouldn't be too bad if it weren't for Keane... he's just too much of a monster. Wonder does the match engine cause the hooker to automatically seek out their best jumper each time. Would be a case of all the ball going to Keane, or would they play it normally and hit up the whole line?

208 and 207, but there's a 204 lad with more fight in him. Yeah, from looking around, seems the 2nd row situation is a major step up from Div III to Div II. May have to make some short-term purchases in order to stay competitive.

The only way to battle the old second row dilemma is to reduce expansive and spam P&G and Creative. The good thing is that you will probably keep a fair amount of possession and when they turn it over they will just kick it down the park, because you are playing creative and P&G mostly you will run it back and not kick it to touch/run wide which will lead to a lineout and good attacking platform for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

Just beat a Div IV human team this evening, but have a bot next week? Seems a bit unfair on the guys knocked out this week

Edit: His 2nd row wouldn't be too bad if it weren't for Keane... he's just too much of a monster. Wonder does the match engine cause the hooker to automatically seek out their best jumper each time. Would be a case of all the ball going to Keane, or would they play it normally and hit up the whole line?

I wouldn't be too hasty. I remember a game i lost against Golfini but i still stole 8 of his lineouts and Keane was playing. I haven't the strongest lineout you'll ever come across either.

He has a good fooking team when he gets it right though.

• Advertisement

Zagato wrote: »
    Just beat a Div IV human team this evening, but have a bot next week? Seems a bit unfair on the guys knocked out this week

Looks like they only went bot at the weekend so last round was drawn when they were human. You just get a lucky draw.

Just checked my draw for round four. Got a div IV team that at first glance I should beat with the 2nds wnwim. Only problem is its away so not much money for it (but that's being picky about the situation I know)

Advertisement