Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ain't nothing gonna break my stride....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭docjewel

What can I say.....hanging my head in shame here :p:D

Ah i suppose I was being a bit harsh on you especially after your herculean efforts yesterday:) and your dogy drive home:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭career_move

docjewel wrote: »
    Ah i suppose I was being a bit harsh on you especially after your herculean efforts yesterday:) and your dogy drive home:eek:
    Phew thanks :D

Can't believe how bad my calves got in the space of a few hours tonight. Thankfully 10 minutes with the stick in front of the telly and they're all loose and flexible again emo38.gif

My next race is going to be a 5k on Stephen's day but I've just seen Meno's plan for the week and I think I'm going to have to commit to a race in January. Hmmm decisions, decisions :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Can't believe how bad my calves got in the space of a few hours tonight. Thankfully 10 minutes with the stick in front of the telly and they're all loose and flexible again emo38.gif

My next race is going to be a 5k on Stephen's day but I've just seen Meno's plan for the week and I think I'm going to have to commit to a race in January. Hmmm decisions, decisions :confused:

I thought you were doing Dungarvan?
    All the sessions will help you improve race times over any distance, but If you want you can try 800m-800m-1mile-800m-800m all at 5K pace this week (3 minutes between the mile rep and 2 minutes between 800m reps).

Next weeks session will be a tempo run and will be the same for everyone...

menoscemo wrote: »
    I thought you were doing Dungarvan?
    All the sessions will help you improve race times over any distance, but If you want you can try 800m-800m-1mile-800m-800m all at 5K pace this week (3 minutes between the mile rep and 2 minutes between 800m reps).

Next weeks session will be a tempo run and will be the same for everyone...
    I am now ;) Was kind of sitting on the fence a bit but just signed up for it there now :D

Jees I thought you'd have a lovely easy week planned out for me. Lots of nice, slow, look at the scenery runs. Obviously not.....:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

I thought you'd have a lovely easy week planned out for me. Lots of nice, slow, look at the scenery runs. Obviously not.....:p

Ah suck it up and stop complaining will ya!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Absolutely amazing time. Well done!

I am now ;) Was kind of sitting on the fence a bit but just signed up for it there now :D

Jees I thought you'd have a lovely easy week planned out for me. Lots of nice, slow, look at the scenery runs. Obviously not.....:p

In that case, just stick with the 10m plan and use the 5k as a non-goal race (still expect a sub 21 though ;)).

tang1 wrote: »
    Ah suck it up and stop complaining will ya!!
    :p:p:p:p

In that case, just stick with the 10m plan and use the 5k as a non-goal race (still expect a sub 21 though ;)).
    No its ok. I'll do 800m-800m-1mile-800m-800m all at 5K pace this week and I will get you a sub 21 :p

• Advertisement

|Mon|Tue|Wed|Thur|Fri|Sat|Sun|
    |3 mile easy|3 mile easy|5 miles easy|4m easy|rest |LSR (10-12 miles or session*)|2 miles recovery
    *800m-800m-1mile-800m-800m all at 5K pace this week (3 minutes between the mile rep and 2 minutes between 800m reps).

5K pace = 6.45

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭dazza21ie

|Mon|Tue|Wed|Thur|Fri|Sat|Sun|
    |3 mile easy|rest|5 miles easy|4m easy|rest |LSR (10-12 miles or session*)|2 miles recovery

*800m-800m-1mile-800m-800m all at 5K pace this week (3 minutes between the mile rep and 2 minutes between 800m reps).

5K pace = 6.30

Best not cut things too fine:D.

dazza21ie wrote: »
    Best not cut things too fine:D.
    My thoughts exactly :p:D

3m @ 9.41 av

The third mile was 9.18 - no wonder I was glad to stop!! I can't say my legs are full of the joys of life :(

P.M 30 min yoga

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭RubyK

Congrats on a fantastic race in Waterford! That's a really impressive time, and on a testing course. Brilliant :)

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭dazza21ie

3m @ 9.41 av

The third mile was 9.18 - no wonder I was glad to stop!! I can't say my legs are full of the joys of life :(

I wouldn't be too hard on them, they served you well on Saturday.

RubyK wrote: »
    Congrats on a fantastic race in Waterford! That's a really impressive time, and on a testing course. Brilliant :)
    Thanks Ruby. Might see you in Dungarvan :D

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭guinang

Great result on Saturday CM. Those early morning runs (and the regularity of them) are certainly paying off now.

I said the same on Blockic's log but I'm looking forward to following your progress over the next year considering what you guys have achieved already.

guinang wrote: »
    Great result on Saturday CM. Those early morning runs (and the regularity of them) are certainly paying off now.

I said the same on Blockic's log but I'm looking forward to following your progress over the next year considering what you guys have achieved already.
    Thanks next year should be fun alright :D Consistency is definitely a big factor but also meeting the guys from boards in the race. Serious encouragement was needed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Marthastew

Woo Hoo:)
    I'm thrilled for you, fantastic result and a really great report, you ran a super race. It's perfectly fine for your legs to be tired today, you worked hard on Saturday:)

• Advertisement

3.2 mi @ 9.52 m/m

Happy legs this morning :D:D:D

P.M 30 min core + 30 min yoga. Weight = 60.9kg/134lb

Yay I've lost 4lb in 2weeks :)

5.5 mi @ 9:51 m/m

The roads were so slippery this morning :( Was glad I wasn't doing strides!

4 mi @ 9:16 m/m

emo76.gif

The good:
    30 min core
    60 min yoga

The bad:
    One snickers
    Half kitkat
    Half Twix
    7......ok 8 miniature heroes
    ......consumed by moi this afternoon :( Oh well tomorrow is another day :)

I think I'll do my lsr + strides this afternoon cause its supposed to be really icy tomorrow. Is that bad.....8 days running in a row but only one hard day, the HM??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

4 mi @ 9:16 m/m

emo76.gif

The good:
    30 min core
    60 min yoga

The bad:
    One snickers
    Half kitkat
    Half Twix
    7......ok 8 miniature heroes
    ......consumed by moi this afternoon :( Oh well tomorrow is another day :)
    Yay! I feel so much better about the giant slabs of brown bread smothered in cream cheese and smoked salmon, huge wedge of chocolate cake with cream and a cappucino that I had for lunch, yes lunch yesterday!

What's the point of all the running if you don't give your body something decent to burn off :D

If you want you can try 800m-800m-1mile-800m-800m all at 5K pace this week (3 minutes between the mile rep and 2 minutes between 800m reps)......he says innocently :rolleyes:

I have been dreading this all week and rightly so - a nasty little session stuck in the middle of a 12 mile lsr.......YUCK!!!! So when I got the chance to run home from work I was delighted as it meant getting it over and done with.

The stats:
    12 mi - 1:49:43

Av pace: 9:09/mi

Splits:
    |Min/mi|6.34|6.36|6.44|7.07|6.47|
    |Dist (mi)|0.46|0.45|0.59 |0.42|0.44

The fourth one was into a savage headwind and I knew it was slower but I didn't care.

P.M 30 min yoga

If you want you can try 800m-800m-1mile-800m-800m all at 5K pace this week (3 minutes between the mile rep and 2 minutes between 800m reps)......he says innocently :rolleyes:

I have been dreading this all week and rightly so - a nasty little session stuck in the middle of a 12 mile lsr.......YUCK!!!! So when I got the chance to run home from work I was delighted as it meant getting it over and done with.

The stats:
    12 mi - 1:49:43

Av pace: 9:09/mi

Splits:
    |Min/mi|6.34|6.36|6.44|7.07|6.47|
    |Dist (mi)|0.46|0.45|0.59 |0.42|0.44

The fourth one was into a savage headwind and I knew it was slower but I didn't care.

Hey, that 3rd one was supposed 1 mile not 1km :rolleyes:

Yes these sessions are the toughest ones you can do IMO. The idea is that if you can cover 5k total at goal pace in training (with breaks) you will cover it continuously in a race. The litmus test for 5k training is normally 3 x 1 mile but I'll let you into a secret
    I normally don't jog during recoveries, rather cough up a lung and pretend to be 'stretching'.

Hey, that 3rd one was supposed 1 mile not 1km :rolleyes:
    Phew....thank god I read that wrong!!!!

Speaking of coughing up lungs.....when I was doing the last split I had to run past a man who was out walking his greyhounds. I'm sure he thought I was about to have a coronary arrest. Even the dogs were looking at me in a concerned fashion :eek:

• Advertisement

2mi @ 10.25/mi

30 min yoga
    30 min core

Advertisement