Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ain't nothing gonna break my stride....

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭career_move

7.06 mi / 11.36 km

Splits :
    10.14, 7.25, 7.34, 9.40, 7.29, 7.23, 10.48, 10.29 emo49.gif

This was tough. Glad I did it first thing!! Had a cold bath when I finished....was even looking forward to it :eek::eek:

P.M : One hour yoga + core exercises :)

Day -10 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

7.06 mi / 11.36 km

Splits :

This was tough. Glad I did it first thing!! Had a cold bath when I finished....was even looking forward to it :eek::eek:

Nice work!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

7.06 mi / 11.36 km

Splits :

Good going! I'm dreading mine, not going to get out til 2mor and will be running round my village in the dark, so should be fun trying to hold a pace!

ncmc wrote: »
    Good going! I'm dreading mine, not going to get out til 2mor and will be running round my village in the dark, so should be fun trying to hold a pace!

Are they to be run @ 10k pace?

Mr Slow wrote: »
    Half marathon pace I think? Career Move can correct me if i'm wrong!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Keep up ;)

That's a good Pace C_M for a sub 1:40 attempt. I think the race is normally on after midday? You will be able to have a good breakfast and should feel a good bit stronger later in the day...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

7.06 mi / 11.36 km

Splits : 10.14, 7.25, 7.34, 9.40, 7.29, 7.23, 10.48, 10.29 emo49.gif

Great session there K! And GO YOU on those race targets! :)

I used the virtual pacer and found it great. Set it at 7.30. Would def recommend using it and a head torch :D

At half marathon pace you should be running comfortably hard but a touch more towards the harder end of the spectrum. (hope that helps with pacing)

menoscemo wrote: »

Thanks for the update, real life getting in the way of catching up on Boards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Thanks for the update, real life getting in the way of catching up on Boards.

Yeah, I know. Life can be a bitch sometimes. I missed 2 days of Boards at the weekend myself :eek:

• Advertisement

I used the virtual pacer and found it great. Set it at 7.30. Would def recommend using it and a head torch :D
    Just checked, it turns out my watch has a virtual pacer and a pace alert if you vary from a set pace.... ok I need to read my manual and move on from just pressing 'start' and 'stop' :o

2.2 mi @ 11min/mi

3.5 km @ 6.87min/km

Water, water everywhere.....

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSZxD2q8FgChyo5OPtF3un3OEebpCTkLy6GgV8vtGLUWNZWd933lw

Day -9 :)

Lunchtime: One hour core exercises

PM: One hour yoga

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

Fook me, what time were you out at this morning? Cant but admire your dedication to early morning running.

tang1 wrote: »
    Fook me, what time were you out at this morning? Cant but admire your dedication to early morning running.

Don't big her up too much Tang, she's working towards crushing us all! :eek:

tang1 wrote: »
    7.15 this morn :D Its a bit OCD :D
    I was going to do it on the treadmill but then it stopped raining
    Don't big her up too much Tang, she's working towards crushing us all! :eek:
    :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭dazza21ie

7.15 this morn :D

Why so late? :p At least your well set up for when you have to start running doubles :P

dazza21ie wrote: »
    Why so late? :p At least your well set up for when you have to start running doubles :P
    Haha well it takes a good hour to finish the stables ;) I normally get up at 6 but for doubles I'll need to start at 5 :eek:

Haha well it takes a good hour to finish the stables ;) I normally get up at 6 but for doubles I'll need to start at 5 :eek:

Fair play that's a nice warm up! 5 is no different to 6 really (maybe a bit darker), just interferes a bit with late night tv.

That is true. Before we get carried away here though let us remember how much I love my sleep.....I may even have been a cat in a previous life.........images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQuGKlA1F4IdiEZLZT4u2eEKLyRZpWAOE7wNlIyIATElWHC7K5d

Ah was wondering why my scone and marmalade tasted weird.....it has cheese in it :eek:

Ah was wondering why my scone and marmalade tasted weird.....it has cheese in it :eek:

I can see Krusty having difficulty retaining the 'log of the year' title with quotes like that :D

• Advertisement

4mi @ 10.08min/mi

6.4km @ 6.18min/km

Splits for the strides: 6.21, 6.13, 6.21, 6.05, 6.23

PM: 30 min core, 35 min yoga

Day -8 emo49.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

Day -8 emo49.gif

fair play to you, you've great will power!!!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTyduwr0Ir9ULpqStoBBZbp15jMSbLroBunl7V1mXuniBWnlWd9ow

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ4297DsU8sUZOokzGz4Q540pulkGD7IQpVaTy0GQMBAXSnk5eq

40 min yoga + 20 min core

I'm really not liking rest days :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,606 ✭✭✭RedRunner

40 min yoga + 20 min core

I'm really not liking rest days :(

Not long now till race day CM...how are the chocolate cravings?

RedRunner wrote: »
    Not long now till race day CM...how are the chocolate cravings?
    Day -6 today :D

I could easily have tucked into a bar yesterday but I resisted :D I'm nearly at the stage now where its easier not to eat chocolate. Oh and I've lost 2 pounds since I started the detox.....which will give you some idea how much chocolate I was eating!!!!

Nice pb yesterday by the way emo49.gif

11.1 mi @ 9.36 min/mi

17.86 km @ 5.51 min/km

Made a huge mistake this morning choosing not to bring gloves. I stupidly thought I would be too hot with them on :rolleyes: My hands were frozen into clenched fists when I got home. I didn't look at my watch so ended up going a bit faster than normal but the splits are fairly consistent and it felt comfortable :D

P.M. 30 min yoga/core

11.1 mi @ 9.36 min/mi

17.86 km @ 5.51 min/km

Made a huge mistake this morning choosing not to bring gloves. I stupidly thought I would be too hot with them on :rolleyes: My hands were frozen into clenched fists when I got home. I didn't look at my watch so ended up going a bit faster than normal but the splits are fairly consistent and it felt comfortable :D

Treat-Frostbite1.jpg

Be careful in future, frostbite is not pretty :D

dazza21ie wrote: »

Be careful in future, frostbite is not pretty :D
    Haha thanks. I don't have the prettiest hands anyway but that looks yucky :D

• Advertisement

|Mon|Tue|Wed|Thur|Fri|Sat|Sun|
    |Rest|3 mile easy|4 miles easy with strides|rest|2m easy (optional)|RACE|2 miles recovery
    Wednesdays strides can either be 6 x 20 seconds (walk back recoveries) at the end of your run or 1 set of Pyramid strides if you prefer it.

I'm having a minor crisis of confidence tonight. Normally when I start questioning myself I just think of something else but that's not working at the moment.

All I can think of is 13.1 (minimum) x 7:30 min/mi. Can I do that??? If I can do one then I can do 13.1 but have I enough training done at that pace??? Mentally can I push myself that hard???

I do realise of course that nobody, except for me, gives a continental what time I get but still I just feel so.....anxious or something. Definitely more disturbed than usual anyway! I wish I could just switch my brain off!

And there's 6 more days to go...... I'm going to be wired on Saturday!!!

Advertisement