Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due June 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭paperclipgrad

Thanks, kK! How's little H doing? Is she still so adorable? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

Yeah, you're probably right. I've been taking it super easy today so it's probably following my lead! A chip off the old block...

That could be it too. Last weekend I was exhausted and extra lazy from sitting in the sun.. baby was a bit too quiet for my liking but my mum said that if I'm tired, they're going to be tired too! As long as there is some movement, everything should be ok!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Pain/cramps have eased off a lot in the last hour. It's a huge sense of relief physically but now I'm thinking baby is too comfortable and changing his mind about coming out anytime soon :)

Haven 't had any bump numbness paperclipgrad - sounds weird! It must be a strange sensation :)

Yeah, it's kind of bizarre, not sure if it's worth bringing up during my appointment tomorrow, I'm thinking not?

Glad to hear you're more comfortable now- though I know how it feels when you're having contractions and are all hopeful that the big day is today- or tomorrow-or even the day after!

Yeah, it's kind of bizarre, not sure if it's worth bringing up during my appointment tomorrow, I'm thinking not?

Glad to hear you're more comfortable now- though I know how it feels when you're having contractions and are all hopeful that the big day is today- or tomorrow-or even the day after!

The baby is messing with me! I've been doing some serious bouncing and wall squat things this evening and am tucking into pineapple now. Come on baby!

You might as well say it if you're in tomorrow, there's no harm in it. My GP must think I'm mad - the amount if weird things I asked him about! :)

• Advertisement

MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    The baby is messing with me! I've been doing some serious bouncing and wall squat things this evening and am tucking into pineapple now. Come on baby!

You might as well say it if you're in tomorrow, there's no harm in it. My GP must think I'm mad - the amount if weird things I asked him about! :)

Let us know how the bouncing/pineapple goes- I was doing that a couple of days ago....but you're a bit further along than I am, so maybe it'll work better for you!

Let us know how the bouncing/pineapple goes- I was doing that a couple of days ago....but you're a bit further along than I am, so maybe it'll work better for you!

I don't think any of it works to be honest, but I guess it makes us feel like we have some control! It can't do any harm I suppose :)

I'm just hoping for a good nights sleep given I'm not in as much pain as last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭DoubleB

This should probably be in the moan thread but sure- getting texts constantly that follow a similar pattern to these: 'Well any sign? / Any stir? / Any news for us?' When baby arrives ye will hear!!!! People are just excited I know but it makes the waiting harder when you've to send twenty of the same replies a day explaining that baby hasn't made an appearance yet but hopefully soon.

So today is my due date and I'm actually feeling nothing. No signs babs is on way. Have any of ye tried having sex to bring on labour? It's my next port of call I think. My Doctor encouraged it. Sorry for tmi but semen helps to ripen cervix I think is the thinking behind it. God I'd try anything at this stage!!! I'm drinking three cups of raspberry tea a day. Eating pineapple, had spicy dinner, bouncing on ball. Guess I could do with walking more.

My baby is soooooo quiet lately. Can feel a foot moving every now and again and some gentle squirming every couple of hrs. Nothing compared to last week,

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭lynda18

Ahhh double b it's so tough on due date alright try keep self busy and do nice things get through it. Baby movements do change but they always check u of anxious so no need anxious If want checked.

I was vomiting twice last night and got proper contractions down bum
    Up back and up front but then stopped. So fed up now ;) walked a good bit and bounced so giving up on them theories :)

Haven't tried the sex yet my oh wont !!!!!!
    Would love give it a try so u might Aswel :)

Ah thanks Lynda. Ye my Hubby is bit strange too bout it but willing to give it a try I think. Every little niggle of pain is making me think this is it, just got a big kick into ribs thou so maybe baby is still high up?!

I had really bad acid that came up my throat really unexpectedly when I was in bed this morning. Almost made me vomit. Were your vomitting episodes acid related u think? Hubby read on net this morning it can b a sign of labour going to start but everything is a sign to him.

• Advertisement

Yes everything is a sign I hav every sign lost plug. Blood show. Cramps vomit and diarrhoea but nothing ;( giving up on it all!

My mam keeps saying it just happens very quick then all sudden esp of waters go.

When u back in hospital?

Kk ur little girl is adorable on fb so pretty and perfect.

Fingers crossed something happens soon ladies! I never understand why people text to askif you've had the baby, obviously you aren't going to write back and say oh yeah, I had it last week but forgot to tell you! My hubby set up a whatsapp group with my friends and is giving them updates so that keeps them happy, not that I have any news.

I'm very acidic at the moment too DoubleB - sometimes I'll get sick a little bit. My hubby is looking at everything as a sign too but after a few days of looking like things happening I think it's slowed down. Not due for 11 days anyway so have a bit of time! :( still really crampy but the sharp pain has reduced a lot.

I would totally try sex if I could, would try anything at this stage! Hubby is still recovering from his surgery though so his stitches wouldn't be able to take it :)

My mum had lunch with her friends yesterday and a few of them recommended doing something in the house like scrubbing the floor to get things going!

Tried the scrubbing and all got was a night awake wit knee pain ;( haha
    Think we drive self mad and it just happens when it happens a and very sudden too!!

The messages are driving me insane. Dad brought me lunch Monday and when took phone out I'd 8 messages and one friend. Texts every day to see. Some people i just stopped texting back and will when baby born. If that ever happens ! Even my oh asking me all time if think its soon is cracking me up but i no it's as frustrating for him as it is for me.

I hear you on the texts! Fortunately (?) most of my friends are living/working overseas so I'm getting more facebook messages etc rather than texts. I set up a group for the baby so I could share all the baba stuff with them without everyone on fb having to put up with constant baby talk. They're asking lots of questions over there!

The thinking behind the sex is that the semen contains prostaglandins, the same hormone that they use to induce labour for inductions (they use a synthetic form).

My theory is that it lets the body know that there's a man around to protect the woman and newborn child during/immediately after labour...it's also been suggested that women go into labour at night more often for a similar reason- there's more likely to be other people around to help, fewer predators nearby and the woman is relaxed compared to daytime when she would be out working/gathering food etc.

Murdy- you could try a gentler position for both of you? Spooning?

I hear you on the texts! Fortunately (?) most of my friends are living/working overseas so I'm getting more facebook messages etc rather than texts. I set up a group for the baby so I could share all the baba stuff with them without everyone on fb having to put up with constant baby talk. They're asking lots of questions over there!

The thinking behind the sex is that the semen contains prostaglandins, the same hormone that they use to induce labour for inductions (they use a synthetic form).

My theory is that it lets the body know that there's a man around to protect the woman and newborn child during/immediately after labour...it's also been suggested that women go into labour at night more often for a similar reason- there's more likely to be other people around to help, fewer predators nearby and the woman is relaxed compared to daytime when she would be out working/gathering food etc.

Murdy- you could try a gentler position for both of you? Spooning?

We'll see - I might get desperate if I go past my due date and tell him to man up and just do it! So romantic :)

I'm going to do some cleaning now anyway, last few days I've been anti nesting, I'd no interest in the house at all. Feeling more energetic today so going to do some scrubbing!

Just read a funny tip on bringing labour on - wear your best knickers because Sod's law means your waters will break while you're wearing them. I think I may try it! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭aknitter

Oh this waiting is a killer, as well as the whole any sign yet? Or when I call someone - "oh any news" - if there was any news you wouldn't be hearing from me!!

I hate to say it and sorry for tmi but I'd love some sex, with the hip and pelvic pain its been impossible since about 16 weeks, up side is we've been more creative!! But I swear as soon as I can he'd better watch out!

Paperclip, I heard that before and it all make sense.

Murdy, I would be so impressed if my good knickers made it up past my knees at the moment!

Will the need to pee ever abate??

Just back from the hospital- baby is now 3/5 engaged (it feels really far down!) and due date has been revised to the 24th. Exciting! My original due date (measuring from last period) was actually today. It was changed after the early scans. So now only 11 days to go!

Quite a lot of yellowish, stringy discharge this morning, more than before. Dr said I could basically go at any minute now so gave me a list of things to look out for in labour. He asked if I was excited! :)

Great news!!!! Interested to hear what the list was..... My bump has gotten smaller for sure- strange.

Nothing you haven't heard before, I'm sure- waters going, bleeding, lots of cramping, 'pains', etc...---->make your way to Admissions!

Parents are coming over for a day or two with my nephew (visiting from America!), expecting them any time now. House is now 'clean'. Also had a visit from my sister in law just there. Time to relax for a bit first!

Hope everyone else is having a good wednesday!

• Advertisement

It's Thursday ur pregnancy brain is as bad as mine ;)

Went for Lunch in aunties and then walk wit mum ! Worse walk felt
    So bad I was so sore and uncomfy think she thought she never gets back car.
    Can't even move to make our dinner just stuck on couch now. Poor oh will hav take charge after work. I can't move :)

How is everyone else is well. Papergillard I hope doctor right now and u go anyday

Double b I feel bump smaller but oh doesn't agree think shape just changed.
    Oh come on get these babies out. How u managing due day? It's disappointing isn't it? I'm bit calmer bout it all today. Get most impatient a night when most sore and restless

I'm managing grand Lynda but totally know how you felt. Its just a pain when its drawing to a close and nothing has happened. I took a starflower oil capsule earlier. It contains a higher dose of GLA than evening primorose oil and it helps to produce the prostaglandins as does semen! We shall see if it has any effect. I've no idea of its safety during pregnancy so I'm not recommending it!! Drank 2 cups of raspberry leaf tea today also. Goin to drink 3 tomorrow and take 2 starflower tablets! I cannot wait at htis stage. The texts are still rolling in! I went for a short walk and felt my pelvis 'pop' out. Its bloody killing me now! Has anybody heard from Bluesky lately?

Ye it is just wish had an end to it.
    So uncomfortable and restless tonight it's like torture.
    Yes would love no how twins doing.
    When u back in hospital double b?

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭highly1111

hey girls

glad to see i'm not the only one frustrated!! really thought things were on the way this morning - severe pains in the shower about 8am - took my eldest to school - pains still coming every 15 minutes. Said i'd give it till 11 before calling my husband to see if they continued. About 10.30am I put the hospital bag in the car (just in case!) and then 5 minutes later - nothing - all stopped!! AAAAAGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Anyway, we're another day closer. I had my reflexology yesterday and it was fabulous - so so relaxing! Although I didn't sleep well as I felt all night that I was going to pop - the constant need for the toilet (even when I've no fluids in me) had me convinced that the pressure on my bladder couldn't just be urine but had to be my waters about to go. Anyway - that didn't happen either!!

we had sex the other night to try and get things going - again - nothing happened!!! (Tried it on my eldest and it didn't work so don't know why I bothered this time either - I felt like an elephant!!)

I really don't know why I've punished myself trying different things!! I'm a glutton for punishment! I called to my sister in law with the kids for dinner and she made an incredibly spicy chicken dish so that's today's trick tried!! Heading for a quick walk now - 39 weeks tomorrow - I always really thought and hoped I may go early on lucky number 3 - looks like these babies are far too comfortable!!

Lost my mucous plug this afternoon and then had contractions for a few hours every 20 minutes. They were getting stronger too and them about an hour ago they stopped.

What is this baby doing to me?! Hoping things will start up again during the night

Highly thought number 3 might be early too ahhh fingers crossed soon

Murdy hope it does start back alright. Sounds promising. Did u show blood or just mucus? I lost my plug last sat and tues and nothing;( just a week cramps and pains!

June babies are comfy hav not had one to come volunteely yet!!

lynda18 wrote: »
    Highly thought number 3 might be early too ahhh fingers crossed soon

Murdy hope it does start back alright. Sounds promising. Did u show blood or just mucus? I lost my plug last sat and tues and nothing;( just a week cramps and pains!

June babies are comfy hav not had one to come volunteely yet!!

Just mucous, no blood so not as promising as a bloody show! It was all in one lump though ( so gross!). June babies are comfy, you're right that none have made a voluntary entrance yet!

Still, I do feel that things are happening even if it's stopping and starting so I'm feeling a bit more positive anyway. :)

Yes I had big round blob too that's yukky ye a step In right direction as u say just wish steps would speed up and stop dragging out !!!! Ahhhhh it's frustrating!!

Losing your mucus plug is a fantastic sign, means babs is definitely coming in the next day or two!
    Husband had to leave for work at 7am this morning, myself being the supportive wife felt the need to wake up and breakfast with him. ZZZZzzzz.....

Hope to hear some exciting news today! Get those babies out!

• Advertisement

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh seriously I want to scream get out baby get out :)

Advertisement