Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due June 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭paperclipgrad

It's great news, isn't it? :) So pleased for murdy! He's such a cute baby too, little round hamster cheeks and a big thatch of black hair! He looks so snuggly!

Had loads of cervical/stomach crampy/stabby pains last night, no regular patterns or anything, but it really was so sore! It was continuing even this morning when I woke up, I finally got to sleep but I was more napping than anything throughout the night. It sucks being pregnant. :(
    Today's Dad's birthday- would love it if baby came so I could give him a nice birthday gift!

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭sunshiner

Yay muddy :-) fingers crossed for the rest of ye ladies. Yesterday would have been my original due date. Hard to believe she's 3weeks old already. It's amazing how well they settle into your lives and you wouldn't be without them. The best is yet to come ladies

I have to say it's so nice seeing ye with your babies so happy and loved up! It really reminds me that all this soreness/annoyance/uncomfortableness is actually worth it in the end....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Paperclipgrad - I was awake most of Sunday night with severe cramps and stabbing pains - they were fairly constant so not contractions (and believe me you will def know real contractions! I hated when I was told that but it's true!). I was in labour within a few hours so you never know!

My little man is doing great, he has been very docile and sleepy which means breastfeeding is tough. He's latching on ok but then won't suck, we're both getting better at it though and we managed two feeds that were about 20 mins so we're getting there. He's perking up now, think epi and delivery tired him out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭sunshiner

MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    Paperclipgrad - I was awake most of Sunday night with severe cramps and stabbing pains - they were fairly constant so not contractions (and believe me you will def know real contractions! I hated when I was told that but it's true!). I was in labour within a few hours so you never know!

My little man is doing great, he has been very docile and sleepy which means breastfeeding is tough. He's latching on ok but then won't suck, we're both getting better at it though and we managed two feeds that were about 20 mins so we're getting there. He's perking up now, think epi and delivery tired him out :)
    Oh yeah daisy falls asleep on the boob all the time. I have to burp her then reattach its kind of funny. Sometimes tickling under chin or blowing on face wakes her up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭aknitter

Murdy, thats normal, my fella was a bit slow to feed the first day or so and the midwife said they are born with 'a bit in them'! Anyway on day 2 or 3 he found his voice and his appetite and bf was no bother to him!

if his toes are exposed, tickling them helps to wake him too!!

So glad you had him, recovery from here on in!

I feel strange today, not sure if its a sign or anything but I'm getting pains in my back that feel like they could be something or flip side they could be nothing, oh well will bath the small man and then have one myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭highly1111

Murdy - so glad to see the updates and that you're doing well. your labour sounds fab!! glad to see that you're settling with him & thanks for the reminder about the ear plugs!!

The girls are right about the feeding - my 2nd didn't feed much at all within his first 24 hours - the lactation consultant assured me this was completely normal - and as aknitter said they're full of mucsus and are so exhausted from delivery they don't really have any interest in feeding. I know that at the breastfeeding classes they tell you they could feed 12 times in 24 hours - but I NEVER had that with either of my 2. of course bf-ing is tiring but I thought the classes were preparing you for worst case scenario - they do have growth spurts where you feel they won't be off the boob and my 2 cluster fed in the evenings - esp between 7-10pm. But for the first few days there definitely wasn't that amount of feeding.

Also, with my first I was really really genuinely worried about the amount he slept. He was asleep ALL the time. like you MW, the midwife came out to me for the first 5 days and I asked her about it all the time - again, perfectly normal. just to put your mind at ease. I was really worried about him but then she reminded me about how tiring everything is when it's all new - I made the analogy like starting a new job - you're always wrecked because everything you're taking in is new and so you're constantly thinking so I can't imagine what it's like for a new baby - having to take in a whole world ;-)

Thanks ladies for sharing your bf experiences, it's all a bit scary. He's perked up now anyway and midwife was reassuring that at this stage, even him feeding for 5 mins is fine so going to keep going. He's especially mucousy (which i had never heard if before!) so that diesn't help. I really want to get it but part of me is envious at other mums feeding with formula around me because it's one worry taken away. It'll be worth sticking with anyway, I know. Even him getting the colostrum is a good thing. Going home today but getting midwives to call out to help so won't be totally alone and will get help from other places if I need it too.

Fingers crossed for more babies today - 19th June sounds like a nice birthday! :)

Highly - did lactation consultant see you in the hosp? I'd like to see one but at home - I guess la leche league or something like that?

MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    Highly - did lactation consultant see you in the hosp? I'd like to see one but at home - I guess la leche league or something like that?

yeah. The morning before I went home. And the midwife who came out too was excellent. Really helped with positions and reassured me that he was getting enough. Because I hadn't a clue. Just keep going - you won't believe the difference when your milk comes in. You'll know all about it then as your boob will go from engorged to soft after the feed - but until your milk comes in you've no idea what they're getting. But they really don't need much for the first few days. My 2nd was particular muscosy too - oh it was lactation consultant from the hospital. Not la lache.

Hope you got some sleep. I'd say you can't wait to get home. So exciting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭DoubleB

Murdy it's so cool hearing you talk about babs. After all these months. Thanks for your well wishes. Can't wait to hear ur full birth story. I love details!!! Where were u/ what wer u doing when waters went? Was hoping to go myself today to avoid induction sure we will see! So how many nights were u in hospital in total.

If I go in tomoro to be induced and have baby Friday, do yee think ill be allowed home Saturday?

Murdy, I agree with highly, your boobs will let you know when the milk comes in. Also it will feel like you are useless for a bit before the milk comes in, stick with it and keep attaching him, when it comes in and he gets milk for the first time, he will sleep like a log. And when the milk comes in, all you need to check is that the nappies are wet - if its coming out it has to be going in! (tough I know with the mecodium at the moment). btw, he's lovely.

I've had a bloody show today and pains on and off since 7 last night. Called cumh and was told to go in when I need to, if only the pains would regularize...fingers and toes crossed....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭Jennii.

Oh guys so exciting!! I hope I can join yous soon. :/ It's getting disheartening, but it's so lovely yous are doing well :) Reminds me of how worth the wait it will be. Yous are amazing people for doing this amazing thing and doing so well!! Most people just have complained about what parenthood will be like... I've decided I'd rather take a more positive approach... :P What's this fb page?? I haven't read anything about one...? :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭krankykitty

Aknitter, very exciting, hope things start happening soon...
    I meant to ask you, on your last did your hips sort themselves out? Mine were a lot better after birth but the last week or so they have been playing up again.

Jenni, there's a private Facebook group which many who post here are members, its so we can share photos. If you'd like to join send me a pm with the link to your Facebook profile and I can add you in (anyone else who'd like to join is welcome)

Oh and Lynda did you get your sweep? And good luck double b with yours!

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭lynda18

Got sweep yest but doctor couldn't do much. As Cirvix not ripe. Constant period cramps this morning so uncomfortable but I no it's not labour. Getting induced tomorrow evening. Feeling anxious today. Yikes !!!!!!!

A knitter best luck sounds so promising hope contractions get regular now and see u through. Keep us updated.

Murdy well done breast feeding hope works out now
    Enjoy your day home so exciting

Will post birth story up later today for you! All the details, just read my chart and it was interesting reading. I get babies out fast :)

Leaving hosp in the next half or so. Yay! on early discharge so midwife will be visiting me every day until Monday. Breastfeeding not going great but the problems are not unexpected, I have a problem with flat nipples (sorry for tmi!) and baby is latching but doesn't know he needs to suck. We're thinking of exclusively pumping so he can still have breast milk, had a big chat with breastfeeding consultant about it so feeling a lot more positive. Was sobbing this morn because baby was starving and I couldn't feed him (also hormones!) We gave him some formula and he's ok now. You can pump 48 hrs after delivery so going to try tonight.

Fingers crossed for more babies, can't wait to hear all about everyone else's deliveries :)

You're doing great Murdy enjoy your first day home and hope you get sorted with the expressing etc. I was bottle feeding and baby was the same the first few days falling asleep during feeds. They do wake up!! Mind yourself with the old hormones they can be a bitch and make things seem harder.

A knitter any advance ?? ;)

Double b any news on sweep? I hav had an unreal amount mucus come out all day ( sorry tmi) and period cramps so hope it contributes to the sweep
    Working tomorrow :)

At this stage, NOTHING is TMI. I mean, look where the babies are coming out of...

pregnancy=/=dignity.

Fingers crossed for you, lynda- hoping for some more good news soon! Nothing happening on this end...

• Advertisement

Oh papergiard hope it happens now for u before due date cause its really tough each day after! ESP on hormones ! Everything crossed for u

I'm making the most of this time by sitting on the couch like a whale and reading the last book of the Game of Thrones series! My parents came down yesterday for dad's birthday and we had a little thing for him, sadly the family bbq will be in Mayo this weekend and I won't be able to go to that, sob sob. I hate not being able to go anywhere!

Baby is super low down these days, tons of pressure on cervix and I actually feel bruised on the inside from all the vigorous movements- it must be a boy! A girl would curl up inside mom and not hurt her. :) I actually had to take paracetamol last night for it. :S

How many people are left here?

I think 4? Two people being induced tomorrow, is that right? Then two other girls (Jenny? Highly?) who haven't gone yet?

Then me...

And a knitter ??

Days are grand when busy and doing bits I went walk and coffee today and the dad sat out back and now making one last dinner for. Me and oh it's night the killer when most uncomfy and restleas

Yes tough missing family things alright makes u want and appreciate ur parents more when preggers

still on the ball, walking, the pains are not regular but they are getting more frequent and stronger, plug is coming away, have no appetite. Hoping things will move on. Lots of pressure.... will keep ye up dated but i am so agitated and restless

My parents have been so wonderful and supportive the whole way through my pregnancy. :) Even though this will be their 12th grandchild they're still incredibly excited to see my little one! I think my dad will cry when he sees him/her. :)

Ah thats sweet paperclip. All the grannies & grandads (mine has 3 sets) are falling over each other looking to mind baby!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭Jennii.

Yeah I'm still here haha, hoping for tonight though. due dates 4 days away (sunday) hoping I'll go before then :P

• Advertisement

still here unfortunately!! Had a good feeling about today but really just trying to stay busy!! I went for a walk this morning, met friend for lunch and I've reflexology at 9pm - can't believe i'm making this appointment!!! still lots of Braxton hicks but nothing developing. I'm officially due on Friday - I *really* thought I'd go early (of course wishful thinking!!) so I've one day to meet that target!!! getting more and more nervous the closer I get! not in holles st until Monday morning but doubt they'll do anything until i'm 40+10 as their policy is no sweep until 10 days over (they were really strict on this on my last baby - only 15 months ago!) so we'll just have to see what happens..... fingers crossed it'll all happen naturally enough anyway!

Advertisement