Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due June 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭aknitter

She lied about the due date, she's on time....and yes it will be a name with a 'K'.

Still waiting here too, so uncomfortable its not funny, still trying to concentrate on having the time with the 2 year old. I realized recently that my last two were born on a Wednesday......wouldn't that be interesting?

As a distraction, according to Chinese Astrology we are having babies in the year of the Snake and its considered very auspicious to have a snake in the house!
    "The Snake is the sixth sign of the Chinese Zodiac.

It is a dynamic, charismatic, worldly, perceptive, and subtle sign. Snake is very aware of what is going on around it. Tendencies towards vengefulness, holding grudges, and suspicion may be heightened in the year of the Snake, 2013. The Snake favors mysticism, introspection, spirituality, strategy, inner development, and patience.

The Year of the Snake 2013 is a Yin Water year, and it's a year for reflection and strategy. Water favors communications, transportation, and learning, and the Snake is an intelligent sign."
    In the western astrology, I think its either Gemini or cancer depending on when we go!!

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭highly1111

interesting to see that she may have lied about her due date. you wouldn't blame her with all the press stalking. I thought she was really big in the pics in the papers last week - she really did look like she was about to go.

funny that your last 2 were born on a Wednesday aknitter - mine were Monday and then Tuesday so we could have a Wednesday here! (Won't be filling the week though ;-) !)

we're in Gemini now aren't we? I know nothing about Gemini's - I actually know very few people with June birthdays!

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭DoubleB

I'm a Gemini and my hubby is cancer so babs will take after one of us in that regard. Geminis are indecisive, perhaps this is why we are all getting lots of pains that stop then!!!

that makes sense DoubleB - I've never had more teasing with a pregnancy!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Can't believe it's 16th June and we've had no more babies!

After a promising week I think it may be a while longer for me - I'm 39 weeks tomorrow but tomorrow is also my original due date which I'm trying not to think about! I Looked in the mirror earlier and I look so haggard and tired (hubby agreed in the nicest way possible!). I think the cramps and stabbing pains are taking their toll so I guess I should enjoy the time I have to lie around while I can :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭Jennii.

Ah false alarm lads :( Still hoping to go early. Due Sunday. Absolutely wrecked. was up all last night cramping until 3 am then woke up at 5 then 9.. Means she's getting ready if nothing else. My fella's parents are getting drunk tonight which really pissed me off, as he can't drive and we're relying on them for a lift to the hospital. Just ugh!! Stressed and pissed off. Just wish I'd stayed in Clare with my family. Just so annoyed. Sorry for the moaning, just can't believe they'd be so selfish. I guess my hormones aren't helping

Jennii that sucks, i know how you feel though, I hate being left alone or with someone who can't drive.
    Here's hoping this week sees one or two more babies!

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I've been following this thread and love it but have never posted. It's so nice to read that everyone has been going through the same things- made me feel less crazy!
    Anyway, I was due on 4th June but our little girl just made her appearance today. A lovely Fathers Day present for my OH and both grandads!
    Hope real labour happens for you all soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 MommaFitz

Hi all, I've been following this thread and love it but have never posted. It's been so nice to read that everyone has been going through the same things- made me feel less crazy!
    Anyway, I was due on 4th June but our little girl just made her appearance today. A lovely Fathers Day present for my OH and both grandads!
    Hope real labour happens for you all soon!
    Did I mention she was 9lbs3, I won't be walking right for a while!!

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭lynda18

Big congrats momafitz. A big weight but nice healthy baby. Perfect Father's Day gift. I am so happy for u.

Jenni u poor thing must be hard been away from family. And yes would be anxious bout drinking too.

I'm so sore to sleep again can't stick more sleepless nights so exhausted and fed up dont no how ill keep lasting

• Advertisement

aww mommafitz that's adorable :) big baby too, you poor thing, but at least she's healthy :) Congrats and best of luck!

Thanks guys, I feel better today. Got an email back about a house so might be able to move soon and get my exam results in 10 mins :/

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭paperclipgrad

Yay, another baby! :D Congrats, mommafitz! She sounds like a big one, what name did you give her?

Hope you're enjoying your first full day with your new bundle of joy!

mommafitz, fair play, as they say - a fine sized child!

Jennii- good luck with the exams

I passed everything :) More time with my baby, less time on repeats :)

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭lainycool

Well done jennii x

Well done Jennii, what a load off!

Well done jenni that's brilliant fair play to u with so much going on

Big congratulations to mommafitz and Jennii!! Well done girls!

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭sunshiner

Thinking of ya murdy x

Jenni well done on your exams yay :D

Momafitz another baby wayhey :D big congrats

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭paperclipgrad

Not only Momafitz, look at the FB group...

• Advertisement

Getting sweep tomorrow? Was it sore lainycool? Really
    Hope works as I'm so shattered now.

lynda18 wrote: »

No it wasn't sore just uncomfortable but I was only 38+4 so it will defo work for you, my sister in law had it at 40+3 and she went into labour 2 days later!

lynda18 wrote: »

No it wasn't sore just uncomfortable but I was only 38+4 so it will defo work for you, my sister in law had it at 40+3 and she went into labour 2 days later!

Oh I hope so Lainy I really do. Feel so bad today my body can't carry me and babs any longer! Thanks for advice. Hope Sean doing well

I hope it works for you Lynda. how far over are you? I got it at 40+10 (yes, you read that right) on my 2nd and it didn't work. I think for it to "work" you'd go into labour about 12 hours later. I reckon going into labour anything after that is just coincidence if you're overdue. That's what the midwife told me anyway. Now, at the time they did warn me that it was unlikely to work because my cervix wasn't favourable..... (hate that word!!) so if you are favourable you've far more chance of it working - they told me my cervix was way at the back too so my little guy hadn't planned on coming out at all - even at that stage.

good luck - it's not sore - more uncomfortable and it was my 2nd child. I found all the internals on my first pregnancy much sorer than my 2nd - it doesn't bode well does it!

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭DoubleB

I'm going to ask for sweep tomorrow too. Can't believe I'm back in again tomorrow. Really didnt think i wud make this appointment- thought I'd have well gone! Really hope I have a favourable cervix!!!! Can't wait to hear news tonight.

I'm 41 weeks 1 day tomorrow highly so hoping it does work!!

Double b it's awful isn't it i thought I avoid appointment tool

Dying hear how poor murdy getting on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Well done Jennii - fair play passing everything when preggers. You're some woman! And fingers crossed for sweeps ladies, get those babies moving!

For those not in FB group, I had my little boy at 6.23pm this evening at 39 weeks pregnant - He was 8lbs 1 oz. I guess all the hyperemesis puking and weight loss didn't affect him in the slightest :) He's beautiful (and remarkably hairy!) I'll post all the gory labour details here soon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭inlikeflynn86

MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    Well done Jennii - fair play passing everything when preggers. You're some woman! And fingers crossed for sweeps ladies, get those babies moving!

For those not in FB group, I had my little boy at 6.23pm this evening at 39 weeks pregnant - He was 8lbs 1 oz. I guess all the hyperemesis puking and weight loss didn't affect him in the slightest :) He's beautiful (and remarkably hairy!) I'll post all the gory labour details here soon!

Congratulations Murdy xxx glad all went well xx

• Advertisement

Congrats Murdy :) well done !! xx

Advertisement