Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due June 2013

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Nothing doing with me anyway ladies - all quiet here during the night! Going to go for a long walk soon. Hubby has stayed home with me today to "look after" me but really I think it's because there's cricket on :)

Fingers crossed one June baby arrives soon anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭lynda18

Ah murdy it can get disheartening but then some days get
    Ok and calmer. I'm bit calmer today.
    Yes my parents collecting me at 11 all family been great but feel like I need babysitting ;)

Glad you have some company Lynda - my mum was with me all day yesterday which was nice.

I am getting pains but they're just not regular at all, although they were fit a while yesterday afternoon. I didn't want to be one if those women in pre-labour for ages but looks like I am! Would love if something dramatic happened like my waters breaking but not holding out any hope! :)

Yes. Me too! Is anyone else finding wee pure agony I feel every time I go I get a contraction

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭highly1111

still hanging on here too girls - 39 weeks today. spicy food and a long walk last night didn't work!! surprise surprise!! MW - i'd say it's even more frustrating losing the plug - such a hopeful sign - yet can lead to nothing - my sister lost hers 2 weeks before anything happened - and then I didn't lose mine until I was in the throngs of labour - but fingers crossed for you!!

my 4 year old is off to stay with my parents for the weekend as a treat with some of his cousins (my parents live down the country) and he asked me this morning if he was going to stay with nanny because I was going to the hospital to have the baby!?!?! it was so cute - lets hope he's psychic!!

my poor hubby was exhausted this morning too - I think the men are getting anxious too - they're so helpless too - I think sometimes they can get forgotten about - i'm looking forward to just this weekend with him and the 15 month old - it's so funny, when you have 2 - only having 1 for the day is like a holiday - I'm half petrified as to how i'm going to cope with 3 - hopefully i'll find out VERY soon!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭Jennii.

I'm bouncing on an exercise ball all day yet nothing. It's getting too exciting now, literally cannot wait. Feeling so down about it which is ridiculous cause I'm only 38 w 5 d. Feel like I'm doing something wrong, which is crazy, cause keeping her in till 40 is probably the most right thing haha... All over the place. Hormones eh? On the plus side been nesting loads lately, keeping everything spotless, and been having more cramps each day, hopefully a sign of something. Hope all of yous are getting by :/ It sucks waiting out the last few days. I'm going to try plan a dinner or something with people, just for something to do and because I won't get a chance again for a while.. :) Dunno whether I'm trying to enjoy my time or make it pass quicker ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Polly701

Hi - I've been following this thread for the last week or two. I'm 39 weeks today, due next Friday. No signs at all, no cramps, etc. But I'm enjoying all the rest I'm getting and don't mind at all if babs wants to be late.
    It's great to hear about your experiences though - means I won't go running into CUMH when plug goes or I have a few contractions. So thanks!

Yeah highly, I have been reading mucous plug can go 2 weeks before labour. Boo! Nothing doing here anyway, still have irregular contractions but they're going nowhere and stopping and starting so I'm not holding my breath. I've ten days until my due date anyway. I'm less impatient today then I have been - just trying to enjoy a last bit of me time. Going out for curry later!

Polly701 wrote: »
    Hi - I've been following this thread for the last week or two. I'm 39 weeks today, due next Friday. No signs at all, no cramps, etc. But I'm enjoying all the rest I'm getting and don't mind at all if babs wants to be late.
    It's great to hear about your experiences though - means I won't go running into CUMH when plug goes or I have a few contractions. So thanks!

Welcome! And glad we've been of help. It's so nice to have other women in a similar situation to share things with :)

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭paperclipgrad

TMI?

Stomach pains....think it's trapped wind. SO SORE. :(

• Advertisement

TMI?

Stomach pains....think it's trapped wind. SO SORE. :(

Some people say that's what contractions feel like. Is it constant?

Had a bit more if a show today while having my nap so obviously all these all over the places contractions are doing something but just not enough!!

It comes and goes, but it's mostly on my right side. Nothing to look at here, folks.

Rainy day, went to coop. Got a tiny sheep ornament for the garden so it looks like we have a teensy sheep eating our grass in the backyard. Cutest thing ever.

It comes and goes, but it's mostly on my right side. Nothing to look at here, folks.

Rainy day, went to coop. Got a tiny sheep ornament for the garden so it looks like we have a teensy sheep eating our grass in the backyard. Cutest thing ever.

Cute! It feels better to get out and about, doesn't it? I went out for lunch and then for a walk on the pier in Dun Laoghaire earlier.

I've been careful about what I eat all during the pregnanvu but today I had brie with my lunch and a whipped ice cream after. It's my rebellion against the baby for him being stubborn and staying in there!

Mmm....brie.

Mmm....brie.

It was tasty :)

Ye love some Brie. I was bold other day tool and had tuna and a whipped ice cream last week too.

Went mams today got hair done and went coffee!
    It's evenings and night that's worse!!

A show is great sign murdy :)

Dying for one us go naturally now!!!!

lynda18 wrote: »
    Ye love some Brie. I was bold other day tool and had tuna and a whipped ice cream last week too.

Went mams today got hair done and went coffee!
    It's evenings and night that's worse!!

A show is great sign murdy :)

Dying for one us go naturally now!!!!

I know - we need another baby to goo at! DoubleB has been quiet today though so you never know! :)

Evenings are def the worst, during the day you can keep yourself busy and not think about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭DoubleB

Hi Gang!! Sorry if I got ur hopes up today- nothing doing here! Can feel babs head 'pushing' - yikes. Murdy can't believe u lost ur plug. Promising. Pclip- how are those pains? Murdy when you say you've been having contractions can you describe the pain? Is it tightening or more painful? I get a few strong Braxton hicks every hr but they haven't progressed. Being over due sucks!!! Come on babies.. Out yee pop.

DoubleB wrote: »
    Hi Gang!! Sorry if I got ur hopes up today- nothing doing here! Can feel babs head 'pushing' - yikes. Murdy can't believe u lost ur plug. Promising. Pclip- how are those pains? Murdy when you say you've been having contractions can you describe the pain? Is it tightening or more painful? I get a few strong Braxton hicks every hr but they haven't progressed. Being over due sucks!!! Come on babies.. Out yee pop.

It's a definite tightening like Braxton Hicks but with a lot of lower abdomen/back pressure and sometimes pain - but they are very mild. Braxton Hicks I had previously were just a tightening feeling.

Had awful diarrhoea tonight (sorry for tmi!!) but still nothing doing. Everything is being taken as a sign when it's probably not!

Would be great if one us had our baby on Sunday - best Father's Day present ever for our OH!

Check out the FB page!! :D

• Advertisement

Hope everyone is well. I been getting sick since last night no matter what I eat. Trying plain and carbs so energy for labour or baby but nothing staying down.
    Went town to walk around and lunch but we had leave was too sick and wrecked from it. Really hoping baby comes as cant take much more ;) it's moving lots past hour so hope it's planning entrance ;)

Hope everyone is well. I been getting sick since last night no matter what I eat. Trying plain and carbs so energy for labour or baby but nothing staying down.
    Went town to walk around and lunch but we had leave was too sick and wrecked from it. Really hoping baby comes as cant take much more ;) it's moving lots past hour so hope it's planning entrance ;)

I really hope baby cones soon and gives you some relief! At least you know hosp won't let it go on forever.

I scrubbed the house today thinking it would get baby moving but no dice so far :( feeling really fed up because the cramps are so uncomfortable and often painful but trying to remind myself I'm not actually due for another week (well I was actually originally due next Monday until stupid hosp changed my dates). Grr!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭Jennii.

Hey guys,
    Been having so many pains today and cramping the last few hours, along with back pain. Hoping this might be it. Tucked in bed waiting for things to progress more. Fingers crossed. would love to give himself a baby on fathers day :)

Hope yous are doing well!!
    x
    x

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭lainycool

Jennii. wrote: »
    Hey guys,
    Been having so many pains today and cramping the last few hours, along with back pain. Hoping this might be it. Tucked in bed waiting for things to progress more. Fingers crossed. would love to give himself a baby on fathers day :)

Hope yous are doing well!!
    x
    x

Awh that would be the best fathers day present, Hopefully things progress for you during the night, keep us posted x

Fingers crossed for u jenni. Be great.
    My oh is hoping for same. Hope It happens

Kim kardashian had hers and due July 11th!!!!! So jealous right now ;)

Kim kardashian had hers and due July 11th!!!!! So jealous right now ;)

I'd be very surprised if she hasn't had an elective planned c section!

Yes u prob right but early for an elective 5 weeks early

I'm sad that I know this...but apparently she had a 'natural birth'. Wonder what the baby's name will be. Kim and Kanye....they'll inevitably name it something beginning with 'K'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭highly1111

I'm really curious to hear the name too the baby - what are am I like?!?! I hope they don't go for something incredibly stupid.

had LOADS of pains last night - but I was utterly exhausted and almost grateful when they stopped and I fell asleep. Of course - I'd do anything to bring them back - so typical!!

A father's day baby would be lovely for one of us - here's hoping!

Advertisement