Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due June 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭highly1111

lynda18 wrote: »
    Thanks highly.
    I had similar rant yesterday my oh
    Is same. Honestly it's a nightmare ;)

Yes ill just ask bout fluid etc then cause i been havin so much discharge past 3 weeks and yest some spotting so would loVe no all ok. I no I'm prob just too nervous as first time cause all new but do get all
    Anxious. It sounds like Lainy had very tough time inducing so yes natural would be great ! But my head not engaged and just feeling it won't happen now !

Yeah, I'm back in tomorrow and I don't think the head is engaged either. I'll be 38 + 3 tomorrow. I've had lots of discharge too (sorry!) and am also going to ask about fluid levels. I also definitely want to make sure that the baby is head down because I'm getting kicks everywhere!! the bumps on the boys were much more vertical (does that make sense!?!) at this stage - I kinda feel like the baby is transverse as getting lots and lots of movements at my sides. That said, I know it would be unusual for the baby to have come back up - again!! :eek:

I had diarrhoea 2 nights ago, felt really nauseous yesterday and then in cranky emotional hormonal mood too yesterday so really thought something might happen (apparently all can be signs - but of course not!!) more wishful thinking - I find this stage incredibly hard. And I thought with each pregnancy i'd become more patient and zen about the whole thing - enjoy the last few weeks with just the 4 of us etc etc - but no!!! I want this baby out as quickly as a I wanted number 1 out, and then number 2 etc! I'm never happy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭lynda18

Ah highly I hate when u convinced its happening then nothing !!!!!!
    So many false alarms!
    All friends neighbours seemed to go between 37 -39 weeks its just luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭aknitter

highly1111 wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm back in tomorrow and I don't think the head is engaged either. I'll be 38 + 3 tomorrow. I've had lots of discharge too (sorry!) and am also going to ask about fluid levels. I also definitely want to make sure that the baby is head down because I'm getting kicks everywhere!! the bumps on the boys were much more vertical (does that make sense!?!) at this stage - I kinda feel like the baby is transverse as getting lots and lots of movements at my sides. That said, I know it would be unusual for the baby to have come back up - again!! :eek:

I had diarrhoea 2 nights ago, felt really nauseous yesterday and then in cranky emotional hormonal mood too yesterday so really thought something might happen (apparently all can be signs - but of course not!!) more wishful thinking - I find this stage incredibly hard. And I thought with each pregnancy i'd become more patient and zen about the whole thing - enjoy the last few weeks with just the 4 of us etc etc - but no!!! I want this baby out as quickly as a I wanted number 1 out, and then number 2 etc! I'm never happy!!

I'm the same as you, it's bizarre. My ribs are fine this time round - last 2 times I was in agony with the kicks now I'd swear the baby is 'sitting' with the head down and the legs over towards right hand side (if that makes any sense). On last scan I was told head was fully engaged so I doubt that anything is likely to change from here.

I hate the over analysing that I do, every twinge is a 'sign'! But we got all the stuff out of the attic today and have been moving the kids room around so have been kept busy - can't wait for hubby to go back to work and get my own day routine going again (he was off last week). Also the towels, I know exactly how you feel. I had war with them hanging out clothes the other day - how hard is it to hang clothes out in a way that a. they'll dry properly and b. be as creaseless as possible.....honestly its not rocket science

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Interesting that even on your third you're still impatient highly! It 's all very frustrating :) you all sound similar to me, getting a bit cranky and fed up! I 'm 38 weeks tomorrow so it could happen anytime I suppose.

I saw my mum last night and then again this afternoon and she reckons my bump has dropped more overnight, which might explain why I woke up at the crack of dawn after only a few hours sleep. Hopefully that does mean something!

Great that your baby is fully engaged aknitter - fingers crossed. As we have same due date it will be interesting to see if old wives tales are true, that first time mums tend to go later then mums on their second or more!

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭paperclipgrad

IS anyone else having weird episodic feelings of the skin of the bump going kind of numb? Almost like the kind of numbness you get from sitting on your foot too long or something. It's odd and I've been having it for the last few days.

Also, I think baby has recently discovered the sciatic nerve-really feels like lightning going down my front, backside and down my leg- it even makes my leg buckle! It always makes me cry out in pain and makes husband run over all concerned....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭DoubleB

Pclip- I had the nerve pain two weeks ago for a few days with one extremely bad episode of it where I actually phoned the hospital. I couldn't walk with it. When baby moved it passed thou and hasn't returned so hopefully yours will pass too when baby moves. Had a numb belly a few weeks ago too actually.

My latest one is I am waking up with really sore, stiff fingers and hands. Sometimes pins and needles. Anyone?

I actually have that too, BB! I looked it up, appears to be pregnancy related carpal tunnel (seems to be made worse by the recent heatwave). Apparently around 50% of preggo women get it. It's worse in my left hand but my right hand gets touches of it too. There isn't much you can do about it, guess it resolves once baba comes out. Another of the joys of pregnancy!!!

Murdy - it will be interesting to see who goes first - I feel I'll be billy no mates here with a baby on the inside while you all have a babe in arms!

Paperclip, god love you with the nerve pain, I had that once and it sucks. Hands and feet are ok, just swollen!

I find my bump gets really sore in sections, not numb though.

I hav same problem in hands and fingers sore and stuff
    My bump is tender and cramps more so than numb though
    Hope everyone had nice day and managed some comfort. I was very sore and restless all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭krankykitty

I used to get numbness and burning pain up the top of bump, up where baby was wedged. It was really weird and sore.

Hope all the discomforts are short lived - final stretch for Ye now!!

• Advertisement

I got the burning pain at the top of my bump but it's gone now my bump has dropped. Can't say I've had pins and needles though, sounds uncomfortable!

Awake again today at the crack of dawn, I don't know what is waking me up, I 'm going asleep late enough. Hopefully I can go back asleep this morning. It has me all out of sorts though, I 'm such a good sleeper usually. I guess I better get used to it. :)

38 weeks today so def more on alert for baby!

Murdy my sleep has been like that past few weeks and not improved but its good ur managing to sleep again in day.
    My due date is today. Nose completely blocked and cramps everywhere bed no way comfy only half comfy is the ball :)
    Hope everyone else is well

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭lainycool

Hi girls

Only getting a chance to come on now and update you, I've had a tough few days but it's really true what they say you forget all the pain you have went through when you see their beautiful faces.

I had been brought into hospital on Thursday night to start induction process, they gave me the first gel at 11.30 that night, that was ok just gave me period type cramps and they were to reexamine me 6 hours later which they did and the cervix hadn't come down enough so they gave another gel on Friday morning at 8.30, This really took effect and I was in alot of contracting like pain, I had to take pethidine for this as it was so bad!

Doctors came to see me at 2am Saturday morning and again examined me and told me I was suitable to have my waters broke and didn't need more gel.....I was ecstatic as I didn't like the gels at all!

Doctor told me they would just wait for a room to become available in delivery suite and I would be off, So I was hanging around waiting on them to bring me when another doctor came in and re examined me and said she would do another gel to help bring his head down further to make labour easier, I was devastated hearing this as I was all set to get on with it!

Another doctor came to me at 5 on saturday afternoon and felt my tummy and told me we where ready to go and would head to delivery suite!

So by 6 they had broke my waters and had me up on the oxytocin drip and oh my god contractions came hard and fast, so by 7.30 I was 3 cm dilated and I could not take the pain anymore so I got the epidural, This only took the pain away from one side of my back so he had to come back in after an hour and do it again, that worked for about 2 hours and then the pain started coming back so I just pressed the top up and that sorted it out!

It ended up that I wasn't dilating quick enough (I was 7cm at 5am) and baby was becoming distressed and he felt that if he had let me dilate the extra 3 that and then by the time I had to push it would be yoo much for me and him, So I was rushed up to theatre and a c section was preformed,I have to say I was terrified and so nervous!

So it's been a long few days but I'm so thrilled and in love.....His daddy has competition now ;-)

I look forward to hearing all about your new arrivals :-)

Oh and I haven't picked a name for him yet....ooops!

God Lainy that was some ordeal alright. U poor thing doesn't sound easy been induced baby was not willing come quick ;) so happy for u it's a over and he is so well. How are u after section? Will they keep u in long?
    He was a lovely weight. Say emergency section was scary. But that was a tough two days of pain u went through.

Wow Lainy- sounds like such a dramatic few days!! The induction doesn't sound very pleasant at all, no wonder you got an epi- and then to have to have a section on top of all that, poor dear! At least it sounds like it was all worth it for you. :) Are you still in the hospital then? How are you finding looking after your little one so far?

Which names are you picking between? It can be hard picking a name- my mother couldn't decide on a name for my sister for 2 weeks after the baby was born, until my father came in with my oldest brother, both holding little cards with 3 names on them and said she had to choose there and then!

All my love to your little baby, give him a kiss from me. :) Congratulations!!

lynda18 wrote: »
    God Lainy that was some ordeal alright. U poor thing doesn't sound easy been induced baby was not willing come quick ;) so happy for u it's a over and he is so well. How are u after section? Will they keep u in long?
    He was a lovely weight. Say emergency section was scary. But that was a tough two days of pain u went through.

I'm in alot of pain and very emotional aswell, but I'm on painkillers which are helping, They said they will keep me from 3 to 5 days but I just cannot wait to get home as it feels like I've been here forever!

Wow Lainy- sounds like such a dramatic few days!! The induction doesn't sound very pleasant at all, no wonder you got an epi- and then to have to have a section on top of all that, poor dear! At least it sounds like it was all worth it for you. :) Are you still in the hospital then? How are you finding looking after your little one so far?

Which names are you picking between? It can be hard picking a name- my mother couldn't decide on a name for my sister for 2 weeks after the baby was born, until my father came in with my oldest brother, both holding little cards with 3 names on them and said she had to choose there and then!

All my love to your little baby, give him a kiss from me. :) Congratulations!!

Yep still in hospital, only starting to kind of feel like myself today!

He is great to look after so pleasant and easy, He is very mucusy though but that's from the section so I just have to warm his bottles up to help that!

3 names I was thinking where Conor, James or Sean!

lainycool wrote: »
    Yep still in hospital, only starting to kind of feel like myself today!

He is great to look after so pleasant and easy, He is very mucusy though but that's from the section so I just have to warm his bottles up to help that!

3 names I was thinking where Conor, James or Sean!

All great names! You could combine them together?
    James Conor Lastname or Conor James Lastname? Anyway, let us know when you choose, no rush is there?

Or is there a rush- do you have to fill out the birth cert by a certain number of days or something? AFAIK it's 3 months after the birth..?

All great names! You could combine them together?
    James Conor Lastname or Conor James Lastname? Anyway, let us know when you choose, no rush is there?

Or is there a rush- do you have to fill out the birth cert by a certain number of days or something? AFAIK it's 3 months after the birth..?

Ye we were thinking we could combine them, we will have it picked by the time I leave hospital but I just didn't want to choose his name while I was high as a kite ;-)

Ye we were thinking we could combine them, we will have it picked by the time I leave hospital but I just didn't want to choose his name while I was high as a kite ;-)

'His name will be MORDECAI!!'

• Advertisement

Lainey - that sounds like some ordeal - so you were in labour from 11.30 thursday night to 5.50am sat morning? Am I right? you must be exhausted. I like the idea of combining the names, in the photo you put on fb, he looked like he was pondering something alright, I bet its his name!!

We still have no name for a boy, need to fight it out tonight! He still wants his name and junior at the end but well call the child AJ, I don't like any of that junior or senior stuff and want something else, Andrew being my front runner (my Dads name and his hang up on the name). Oh well....Congratulations on the baby again.

Mordecai - I actually spit toast at the screen I laughed so much!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭inlikeflynn86

So it's been a long few days but I'm so thrilled and in love.....His daddy has competition now ;-)

I look forward to hearing all about your new arrivals :-)

Oh and I haven't picked a name for him yet....ooops!

Popping in from October,

Massive Congratulations ;-) defnitely worth it in the end xxx

aknitter wrote: »
    We still have no name for a boy, need to fight it out tonight! He still wants his name and junior at the end but well call the child AJ, I don't like any of that junior or senior stuff and want something else, Andrew being my front runner (my Dads name and his hang up on the name). !

If you really don't like it, just tell him! Offer to use his name for a middle name instead if he's really into it, so baby's name could be Andrew Aaron (or whatever your husband's name is) Surname.

I quite like my husband's name (Conal) but he doesn't like the idea of naming babies after living people...

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭sunshiner

yay congrats :D induction isnt the greatest of processes, i dont understand why they dont give just a big dose of the prosagen at the start instead of all this 2 and 3 lots. It never works the first time :P
    Well hes hear now in his mamas arms that great :D A big congrats :D

i had a long night with daisy, one of my breast has become engorged and its painful hopefully the warm and cold compresses will help.
    how is everyone doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭krankykitty

Oh Lainy what an ordeal. No wonder you are feeling emotional and sore. Desperate you were left that long. It's great now he's here though and you can enjoy him. He's absolutely gorgeous and I love all the names you are deciding between :)

Make sure they keep you up to date with your painkillers and take it easy...

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭highly1111

wow Lainey - you've been through it alright - if it's any consolation they say you only have your first baby once! NO labour is as bad as your first - it was true in my case anyway!! however, it's all over now and he's here and he's gorgeous and that's the main thing. I'm sure you're dying to get out of there too. not long.

was back in hospital this morning - 38 + 3 now. Would you believe I woke at 3am with pains but by 4am they'd stopped! I was hoping I wouldn't have an outpatients appointment but that I'd be into admissions - anyway, that was more wishful thinking but who knows - maybe it's a sign something might happen early!! fingers crossed. All good with baby - she is happily floating away, head well down, lots of fluid and all my concerns completely irrational!! Consultant told me to come back in 2 weeks - i'll be 40 + 3 then - desperately hoping I won't be making that appointment!!!

Thanks for sharing Lainycool - sounds like an experience! So glad baby is here safe and sound. Hope you're recovering well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭DoubleB

Feeling sick, faint, shaky and horrible. Pains in hips on and off. Really emotional- any second timers think it could be the start of something?

Yikes, that sounds awful, BB. Are you sure you're eating enough? The faintness/shakiness sounds a bit hypoglycaemic. Try having some orange juice and lying down for a bit, see if that helps.

• Advertisement

According to my notes/baby book, shivering for no reason is a sign of labour starting soon. Something to do with hormones or adrenaline. So this could be it!

Advertisement