Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due June 2013

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Sounds like a good idea! Reading is great for passing the time. I'm in town this afternoon getting wax and mani/pedi before my appointment later on.

Hope my waters don't break on Grafton St or something :)

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭paperclipgrad

That mani/pedi sounds like a great idea....let us know if your waters break on grafton street! That would be exciting. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭aknitter

Lainy - love the name. Suits him!

Hope those of you with hospital apps get good news, the unknown waiting is a killer alright.

We decided on AJ if its a boy (Aidan John) don't mind him having hubbys name but I hate all the junior senior stuff, and John is after my grandad so tbh no one is really happy so as a compromise it works well! We also decided on another girls name (just in case) Ayla, as it happens its a scottish version of my name and will give my mother a shock cause she always thought it was just a pet name they gave me!:)
    Murdy, I have a pedi on thursday - so can't wait, my toe nails are slanted as I can't cut them properly! It would be gas if your waters went on grafton street.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭lynda18

Went to hospital and head is more engaged and said could go any min but of not i get sweep next tues. I was crying wit doctor just so exhausted and not sleeping and sore do not feel can last much longer. Baby is 8ib at moment so also don't wait on it go much bigger! Doctor was so nice . But just all getting tough now. Still bad cramps.
    How everyone else get on in hospital?
    Murdy hope nails are lovely !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭highly1111

hey girls

Lynda - how frustrating - I know it well. The consultant i'm under hasn't an ounce of empathy - he's like - "you think you have problems because you're overdue?? trust me - they're not problems - you can tell he's a man!! and in retrospect he's right but it is so so frustrating.

I'm 38+5 tomorrow - my parents are home from their holidays and I've reflexology booked too so i'm hoping my body decides to "let go" - again - more wishful thinking i'm sure.

Mani and Pedi sound fab - will be next week's treat if reflexology doesn't work. A friend of mine calls the lady the "Go woman" as she went into labour TWICE the same day after going to see her. Either way, I find reflexology amazingly relaxing during pregnancy so either way i'll benefit.

love the name Sean too - i'm sure you're delighted to have him home!

• Advertisement

That's good news Lynda - fingers crossed you 'll go before the sweep is needed :) if you can avoid that it would be great.

My appointment was fairly straightforward - baby is engaged but not fully. Midwife said that will prob happen during labour though. She said given the description I gave of the contractions I had last night it seems I'm in pre labour and could go into labour anytime. She made an appointment for next tues and said she hoped she wouldn't see me. We just don't know though. Pre labour can last weeks. So more waiting really.

Mani/pedi was lovely, I feel pampered. I totally recommend it. It feels much nicer seeing nicely painted toes. Also got my labour Hollywood wax so am ready for anyone to have a look up there! The wax was a lot less painful then it normally is which was great - I was worried pregnancy would cause the opposite. You can get swollen down there which makes it sore but I was ok.

I was in agony from walking around by the time I got to my appointment. Serious cramps low down. Midwife said it's baby's head stretching my pelvis. Lovely! :) it's very sore now so getting in the bath soon.

Wow murdy, sounds like you're ready to go at any moment!! The mani/pedi sounds lovely, tempted to get one myself now...

Wow murdy, sounds like you're ready to go at any moment!! The mani/pedi sounds lovely, tempted to get one myself now...

Do it! Was totally worth it :)

I reckon I've a little bit to go but it's nice that something is stirring at this stage anyway!

Murdy that's great u will go soon be great to avoid due date

I am bent on ball bouncing away really hoping baby doesn't puts
    Through much longer ! Also can't believe it's 8ib ;) haha

Highly Is the reflexology in Dublin??? Haha!

yep - in Dundrum - she does it from her house - AMAZING!!

http://www.mummypages.ie/reflexology/dublin/churchtown/sheila-chamberlain

I'm going to make sure she hits the uterus points!!

• Advertisement

Ah, it could still be weeks, who knows?

Really hope the reflexology works Highly - at least if it doesn't it will relax you. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭sunshiner

seans a lovely name lainy.

hope ye are all feeling well ladies :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭Jennii.

Aww seans a lovely name :) Congrats to all who've had their wee angels. I feel like mine will be here any day now. Everybody seems to think I'll go early.. been getting a few pre labour signs, so fingers crossed. Himself is so excited, hopes I go asap. He hid behind a door to scare me, yelled labour as I walked past to try scare me into labour. So cute haha, he was also faking nightmares so he could jolt about and scare baby out. Fearing for my life now haha, he means well. It's adorable!! How is everybody else feeling in these last days/ weeks? Still 12 days till my due date :)

Jennii, it sounds like your husband really wants the baby out!

Had contractions all last night, a few hours apart, but quite uncomfortable, they woke me up. So now I'm all sleepy still. Hoping my one cup of daily coffee is adequate to wake me up....

Weather looks a bit perkier today, hoping to get out to the shopping centre for a while. I'll be doing thesis research this morning and heading out this afternoon. Husband is away at a conference until later tonight so I'm all on my lonesome!

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭DoubleB

Morning everyone! Sounds like things are happening for lots of you- very exciting! My Dr has now decided to let things go naturally. I actually don't know how I feel about it. Was full sure baby was on the way on Monday. Also, was expecting to be examined down below and haven't been once during this pregnancy. Is that the case with many of you? Asked for a sweep- said no need at this stage. Felt really disheartened coming home. Was awake all night last night. Thankfully I have nothing I need to do today only a little housework.

Murdy sounds like you are on your way- here's hoping!

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Couchkitten

I haven't had an internal. I'm 38 weeks now and doctor wants to do an internal tomorrow, I'll be saying no at this stage. Mostly because we are in the middle of moving house and I'm definitely not ready for this baby to arrive.

There are boxes everywhere and we are just not ready! It's a bit stressful to be honest, I go to bed just praying that babes will hold off for another week or so.

Inspired by you to get a wax today Murdy! Hope everyone else is feeling well. I'm getting lots of pressure on my tailbone, cramps and pain in my hips so I'm hoping this means I won't need to be induced but the baby isn't arriving straight-away either.

DoubleB wrote: »
    Morning everyone! Sounds like things are happening for lots of you- very exciting! My Dr has now decided to let things go naturally. I actually don't know how I feel about it. Was full sure baby was on the way on Monday. Also, was expecting to be examined down below and haven't been once during this pregnancy. Is that the case with many of you? Asked for a sweep- said no need at this stage. Felt really disheartened coming home. Was awake all night last night. Thankfully I have nothing I need to do today only a little housework.

Murdy sounds like you are on your way- here's hoping!

What's your due date double b? I know Holles st don't sweep until 10 days over - well that's what I was told on my 2nd anyway. The wait is so frustrating.

I didn't get any internals until I was induced - I didn't know if it was normal either - but it is!

I was awake all last night too imagining every twinge etc. I think the mental exhaustion can be worse at this stage - examining every twinge and movement. Lots of painful pressure here too today. I did loads of cleaning this morning but more to keep busy than anything else!!

We're moving house at the end of the month too - I'm the opposite as you couchkitten - I'm hoping the baby arrives asap so I've some time to recover before the move!!

No I hav had no internal and am over 40 weeks getting one next Tuesday
    Was disappointed too double b I no how feel.
    It's a tough time waiting

Fair play to girls moving its gotta be tough

My groin is so sore nearly feel completely bruised around vagina think its all bouncing on ball :)

I had 2 internals, once when I had a lot of cramping and another with the false labour a few weeks ago.....unfun.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭aknitter

No internal here either (and glad of it!). I am so tired today, I think baby has dropped and I feel like constantly going to the loo - I have to hold myself all the time, its strange. Sorry if tmi but I definatley have more discharge - none bloody but yellowish in colour. I think things are starting to change or get ready. No need to get hopes up, this can happen a few weeks before baby makes an appearance!

I am having a hard time reaching the sink to do the washing up - bump is getting in my way! :)

• Advertisement

Papergillard hav u still got contractions? How feeling?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭Jennii.

I've had no internal yet either, I'm 38 weeks!, weird. Everyone thinks I'll go early, so might not get one till I'm in labour haha. Was lovely in Donegal today, went for a long walk on the beach and even a little swim!!

A swim sounds fantastic! Might see if I can head out for one this weekend...

Sounds like everyone is on their way! DoubleB - I suppose in a way it's good the doctor isn't eager to poke around at you, means you are doing well and baby is happy and healthy! It'd be nice to know when things are happening though! Glad I inspired some hair removal! I did it for myself more than anything, thought it would feel cleaner afterwards and make me more comfortable.

Aknitter - I'm just like you, need to pee like every 5 minutes and also have the yellow discharge which is very noticeable (gross I know, sorry!). The peeing is driving me mad, everytime I go there's not much in there and it's all so uncomfortable. Still in a lot of pain but no more contractions so think this could go on for a while. Like I said on FB thread I was in agony last night for a while, I was telling hubby to get the baby out of me. :)

I went shopping this morning with my Mum and had spicy Mexican for lunch - also bought some pineapple and plan on bouncing a good bit tonight. I'm sure we'll all be bouncing loads over the next few days.

This may sound weird, but does anyone else have a freezing cold bump combined with a strange numb/pins and needles feel around the belly button area?

I'm in my PJs for the night already....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

This may sound weird, but does anyone else have a freezing cold bump combined with a strange numb/pins and needles feel around the belly button area?

I'm in my PJs for the night already....

Sorry for butting in, my bump gets quite cold at my belly button, it's nearly always cold in that area, but I haven't experienced the numbness yet!

Also baby doesn't seem to be moving as much today. It's still moving but more when I prod the belly rather than on its own. Just a sleepy day?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

Also baby doesn't seem to be moving as much today. It's still moving but more when I prod the belly rather than on its own. Just a sleepy day?

It could be, I don't like giving advice re moving as I know I worry a lot about it too. Holles st said 10 movements in 10-12 hours, do you tthink you've got that today? If it is moving, I would say everything is ok, and as it says, the baby is running out of room so will move less. But also, you know your baby best, so I'd say keep an eye on it n if you're still worried, ring the hosp. But I'm sure it is just having a sleepy day

loubian wrote: »
    It could be, I don't like giving advice re moving as I know I worry a lot about it too. Holles st said 10 movements in 10-12 hours, do you tthink you've got that today? If it is moving, I would say everything is ok, and as it says, the baby is running out of room so will move less. But also, you know your baby best, so I'd say keep an eye on it n if you're still worried, ring the hosp. But I'm sure it is just having a sleepy day

Yeah, you're probably right. I've been taking it super easy today so it's probably following my lead! A chip off the old block...

It sounds like everyone is getting pretty tired at this stage. Take it easy, girls, it's the home run stretch!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭krankykitty

Paperclip, you probably know this already but the midwife said to us that if we were worried, to have something sugary or cold to drink like orange juice, iced water or coke or have icecream, and lie down for an hour and see what happens. If you're worried ring up or go in, they will be able to ease your mind. Some days all right baby seemed quieter than usual. I'm sure everything is OK. It's very worrying though when it happens!

Advertisement