Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due June 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭DoubleB

Ate a big bowl of fruit salad with cereal and natural yogurt and had tea and toast after, only about an hour ago. Feel miserable !

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭paperclipgrad

If murdy's right, looks like we might be having yet another tiny one soon!

*munches popcorn*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Exciting! Fingers crossed this is it DoubleB :)

Hope you are right Murdy! Shivering and faint feeling gone now but still dont feel right.TMI alert but lotsa discharge down there. Trying to walk lots- pacing the house here. Also it's as if my bump has just 'dropped' over night. Baby did a few massive movements before bed and shifted from my right side to left. Hope u are all feeling good today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

DoubleB wrote: »
    Hope you are right Murdy! Shivering and faint feeling gone now but still dont feel right.TMI alert but lotsa discharge down there. Trying to walk lots- pacing the house here. Also it's as if my bump has just 'dropped' over night. Baby did a few massive movements before bed and shifted from my right side to left. Hope u are all feeling good today.

Sounds very promising :):)

• Advertisement

DoubleB wrote: »

Keep us informed! I'm hoping this is it for you :)

I'm ok today but feel so low for some reason, even though I know there is no reason to feel this way. Can't motivate myself to do anything at all. I'm presuming it's hormones/tiredness but just feel a bit crap. Urgh!

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭sunshiner

when my waters went i did nothing but shiver the whole time.

Murdy- make a nice cup of tea and settle on the couch for a while!

Just looking at the list the hospital gave me- here it is:

For admission room:
    small bag containing dressing gown, nightdress/pjs, slippers.

For labor ward:
    Nightdress/old t-shirt, panty/disposable, 2 pads, nappy, vest, babygro, lip gloss/vaseline.

General requirements:

3 nightdresses/pjs, 1 nursing bra, 1 bath towel, 2pks disposable panties (sounds like a lot??), 2 pks sanitary pads, toiletries, 8 baby vests, 8 babygros, 2 baby towels, vaseline jar, cotton wool, 2 pks nappies....

It seems like a huge number of things to bring! Do we really need 5 nightdresses/pjs? 8 babygros? Did any of ye get the disposable underwear? I just planned on wearing my normal ones...

I bought cheap knickers in pennies that I can throw out, I couldn't face buying disposable ones!

Can't believe you had to change baby 4 times in one day! I have 6 babygros in my bag but better make sure hubby knows where to find the other ones in the right size so he can bring them in.

My mum called in anyway which cheered me up a bit, we made some plans for the week too which is good, get me out of the house and keep me busy. We're Going to go for lunch on Wednesday so I suggested Mexican so I can get something really spicy! There 's also a Nepalese restaurant opened up near us so I'm thinking hubby needs to take me there this weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭krankykitty

The penneys knickers are great, and if you end up having a section they are ideal as they won't sit on your wound and irritate it.

Maybe its being a first timer but you can have a few accidents not putting nappies on right etc, and if baby is vomity and hey presto you're on your fourth babygro!!

I also would recommend a big stack of bibs, I didn't really think of them beforehand but they do help if baby is messy feeder

• Advertisement

Double B hope its a sign of something happening :)

Which penneys ones did ye get? I'm currently wearing the microfibre ones which I love.

I just got two of the 5 packs of black briefs - the cheapy ones that are big but not they weren't the most massive they had! Wanted them to sit low enough if I end up having a sevtion. Hope they'll be ok :)

Tesco have a good selection too if it's easier for you to get there

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭aknitter

Paperclip - I have told him repeatedly, in the middle of a discussion here so will let ye know....!

Doubleb Hope you are starting soon, if its any consolation before my first I was in the worst mood of life, I was miserable, teary and a big bitch to boot!

Good idea about the knickers sitting low if you had a section - I got granny knickers up to my belly button to give my stomach the illusion of support!

Its always a good idea to have many extra baby gros on hand, as well as sheets, vests etc (I have all my girl stuff washed for 0-3 months no one will see at night time). Also write up how to wash the babygros for hubby (I emailed my fella!). FYI if you run out of sheets, a pillow slip will make a great substitute!

aknitter wrote: »

Its always a good idea to have many extra baby gros on hand, as well as sheets, vests etc (I have all my girl stuff washed for 0-3 months no one will see at night time). Also write up how to wash the babygros for hubby (I emailed my fella!). FYI if you run out of sheets, a pillow slip will make a great substitute!

I have about 10 babygros, I'll bring 8 to the hospital as suggested, better to have them then not.
    Sheets for the moses basket you mean?

Ya or the pram, I think we have a name.....fingers crossed.

The pillow case as sheet saved me all right! Also useful to put one over pram mattress in case of puking.

Got the multipack Penneys "full briefs" aka granny pants in 2 sizes bigger than would usually.

kranky - keep it in the buggy with a couple of pegs you can peg it to the opening of the pram to keep the sun off!

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr- my pains have ceased. Had an Indian take away for tea to see would it get things moving again, I was really feeling like things were happening earlier. I walked & bounced lots too, ate pineapple, drank raspberry leaf tea and am now about to have a bath!!! I am determined not to go overdue! Great tips there everyone re the hospital bag etc. Is it safe to have two sheets on pram just with ventilation etc? I'm sure it is but just checking if yee know. My pram has a sheet that came with it but I have put another fitted sheet over it. Has anyone heard how the twins are?

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭lynda18

Murdy hope ok I got very down a day or two two
    Weeks ago then get ok again. Well
    Due day almost over and nothing ;( so not happy ;(

Had very busy day dad brought me lunch then we got new carpet down then my oh brother called over wit baby bath baby towel and a rocker. Delighted lovely present. Then all parents arrived to see the carpet :)
    Hope baby comes soon. Still v bad period pains and nothing can do.

Lainy hope u recovering sounds so awful but u loom fantastic on Facebook. Page

• Advertisement

Was having painful contractions this evening, every half an hour or so and they were getting more intense and then they just stopped! Back to normal now

*sigh*

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭lainycool

lynda18 wrote: »
    Murdy hope ok I got very down a day or two two
    Weeks ago then get ok again. Well
    Due day almost over and nothing ;( so not happy ;(

Had very busy day dad brought me lunch then we got new carpet down then my oh brother called over wit baby bath baby towel and a rocker. Delighted lovely present. Then all parents arrived to see the carpet :)
    Hope baby comes soon. Still v bad period pains and nothing can do.

Lainy hope u recovering sounds so awful but u loom fantastic on Facebook. Page

Ha lynda that's not me it's my pregnant friend, I warned all my friends not to take photos of me as I looked like I am retaining about 30 litres of water, my feet are huge and so painful but looks like im getting home tomorrow......yipee!

So glad as much as they have been great at coombe I wont be sorry to see the back of the place!

We called the little man Sean :-)

Love the name Sean. I really wanted to call our baby tat but my oh wont cause my dads name. Brilliant u getting home today can't believe it's so sudden after emergency scan.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭lainycool

lynda18 wrote: »
    Love the name Sean. I really wanted to call our baby tat but my oh wont cause my dads name. Brilliant u getting home today can't believe it's so sudden after emergency scan.

Ye I was surprised myself but to be honest I'm doing more in here than I will at home, my oh had taken a week off work but he is going to take an extra week as I'm tender!

I'm glad we came to a decision about his name as I was feeling guilty that he didn't have one ha!

I'm hoping we have more babies soon!

Sean is a lovely name! What did ye guys settle for, aknitter?

Had a curry last night, didn't work. Ah well! Another fun surprise came in the mail- an Rx for a kidney infection...apparently I have one of those now...

Oh that's great Lainy enjoy first day home wit Sean glad oh is looking after u well

I am so fed up ;) curry did nothing. Bad cramps last night in back and front but seems be easing a bit baby is moving less though and this morning I was sick twice and weak. Hoping to get some news in hospital today.

How is everyone doing!? How u double b?

Really hope you get good news at the hosp Lynda! I have my appointment too today - will let midwife know about contractions last night and see what she says. My bump feels like it's getting smaller so I 'm getting worried about fluid etc now. Silly, I know!

MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    Really hope you get good news at the hosp Lynda! I have my appointment too today - will let midwife know about contractions last night and see what she says. My bump feels like it's getting smaller so I 'm getting worried about fluid etc now. Silly, I know!

It could be baby moving further down in the birth canal? I noticed something similar myself today, plus it feels like I'm actually sitting on the baby's head now, really weird! When it hiccups I can feel it in my bottom...

Mother is convinced that s/he is coming this week! We'll see, won't we.

The waiting game is so much fun.....NOT... at least I've my thesis to keep me busy!

Yeah, it probably is baby moving down but the waiting has me anxious so I'm imagining terrible things! Not enjoying the wait either and my mum and hubby are convinced I'll go this week too. I wish! We can have a race :)

• Advertisement

It's kind of boring, isn't it? There's not a lot you can do, you can't go anywhere, everything is uncomfortable and you have no idea how much longer it's for, it could be another month yet!

The house is sorted, I have everything bought for the baby, my thesis is sorted for the time being (sent off to supervisor) so really I haven't much to do! Normally I would love this but I just want it to come.

Maybe I should go to the library and stock up on a few interesting books to tide me over? Nothing like a good stash of books to make time pass a bit faster...

Advertisement