Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tekkit Server

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Jos eph

natnif36 wrote: »
    What? Someone tried to torch a forest? Not clever... At least it didn't burn completely down-do we know who started the blaze?
    The server is down again??? Argh this seems to happen alot...

Sol can probably use his mod powers to figure out, and yea the server is going down way to much lately...

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭natnif36

I guessed he could use his mod powers, but because a fire spreads, it could have been started anywhere in the forest-sol would have had to individually checked every side of every block to find which one was lit.

I think perhaps we should check with other daddycheese users/clients and see if it is actually a problem on their end?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

I probably can't :o Part of the problem is that the server reset restored all the old problems in the op permissions so ops are crippled again. Don't know how many of the permission bugs have been fixed up to this point other than whispers (yes, last time I was on ops couldn't even do that! :eek:)

So basically, what you are saying is that the reset-which was meant to fix all these problems, only made them worse? The reset was not a good idea in that case...

Oops, sorry for assuming, me and Jos eph's mistake-is it that you can't or because of the reson I explained earlier?

• Advertisement

Oh so when you right click it would just say the block was destroyed by fire? (or seomthing similar) Sorry im still new to using core protect so i dont know to much about it...

Also yea, im in the server now, its staying nighttime, and yea, its quiet lonely here...

It looks like the temporal loop has not only drastically slowed down collectors and machines and stopped automated systems completely, it seems to have blocked CoreProtect from logging any changes since the effect began :eek:

Temporal loop...?
    A time loop?
    No changes? Sounds like a serious mess up on somebody's part

Temporal loop...?
    A time loop?
    No changes? Sounds like a serious mess up on somebody's part

It could have been intentional, as sol said:
    Solitaire wrote: »
    it seems to have blocked CoreProtect from logging any changes since the effect began :eek:
    So it could have been done purposely by somebody so they could grief/steal without punishment.

Well I haven't seen any large-scale attack, almost all the trouble is coming from the timelag itself. Server must sh!tting bricks right now O_O

Unless someone is currently on it, I'm guessing the server has finally gone down completely.

• Advertisement

But how would such a temporal loop be created? Hacking?
    Surely if someone was going to all this trouble wouldn't it be easier to hack him/her self the stuff? Not stop core-protect so as not to be caught?
    Could something like that be the result of a computercraft program? Like an infinite loop?

RIP Sean's Tekkit Server
    I think this may be the end...
    RIP JoeMo industries
    RIP Goose.Co
    RIP Scrap Co
    RIP me and Scrap's Tekkit Tower
    RIP our unfinished Tikket Tower

RIP natnif36

(I am preparing for the worst-the server shuts down)

RIP Sean's Tekkit Server
    I think this may be the end...
    RIP JoeMo industries
    RIP Goose.Co
    RIP Scrap Co
    RIP me and Scrap's Tekkit Tower
    RIP our unfinished Tikket Tower

RIP natnif36

(I am preparing for the worst-the server shuts down)

Dont worry, its back up, and lagg free :D
    And also, JoeMo Inc. Disbanded, now its either Joe Co. of JoeSeph Co.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

The host was making changes to be more comaptable with Tekkit.

Permissions are much more stable because I have removed inheritence and written each rank individually. I obviously missed a few in the different ranks. That's 540 lines of code. It was never gonna be perfect first time.

There is a rank below builder called guest. They can only talk.

Having seen peoples ridicuous use of emc farms and collectors I am actually liking the idea of EE3. I'll miss the condenser and destruction catalyst though.

There appears to be some dispute in the bukkit community so plugins may not be updated for new tekkit. This will be a deciding factor on wether I update or not.

Collectors are the most comman contraband because of greed.

Korvanica added to whitelist.

Aid404 banned for being an ass. I'm sure he wont mind, he's been saying the server is crap for a while. I'm just helping him move on.

Hmmm, I can't seem to access the server-
    Here are pictures taken, note these were taken and uploaded on my iPod so sorry for the poor quality

Hmmm, I can't seem to access the server-
    Here are pictures taken, note these were taken and uploaded on my iPod so sorry for the poor quality

Yea its down at the moment :/

It always seems to be down...
    I haven't even stared in the new map-every time I try to play-the server is down :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

It always seems to be down...
    I haven't even stared in the new map-every time I try to play-the server is down :(

This is due to the hosting company trying to make their services more tekkit friendly.

Dont lose hope , its a good map ;)

So eventually the server will be running better than ever? Great :)

I'll take your word that its a good map-I was on the last map and enjoyed it-but haven't seen this one-so I wouldn't know

• Advertisement

I've restarted i tthere. If the hosting problem continues I'll find a new host.

Well I exited... And I can't seem to get back on...

Well I exited... And I can't seem to get back on...

Yep me too, i feel out of an unloaded chunk , cant log back in

Kenno90 wrote: »

Yep me too, i feel out of an unloaded chunk , cant log back in

I know they are doing their best to make the hosting better for tekkit, but this is getting ridiculous - not to say that I don't love this server and the friendly members(no homo(not that I have anything against homosexuals)).

I say we give them a week-if the server is still constantly down by next week-look for a new host. Any other opinions?

I've emailed the host and they will look into0 the server today. They will likely reinstall tekkit so I have saved the world folder to my HD. They said they would preserve it but I don't trust them to so if you log onto a new map it is only temporary and will be back tomorrow. Same goes for plugins. I have saved the permissions file but some of the other settings may need to be reconfigured.

MagicSean wrote: »
    I've emailed the host and they will look into0 the server today. They will likely reinstall tekkit so I have saved the world folder to my HD. They said they would preserve it but I don't trust them to so if you log onto a new map it is only temporary and will be back tomorrow. Same goes for plugins. I have saved the permissions file but some of the other settings may need to be reconfigured.

Sean I've used filezilla in the past to save every file within the server. something you may want to look into...

Server is gone. Guessing no Tekkit until tomorrow then? :(

Was up, back down again.

Lol joe said *and scene* then the server crashed...

Was up, back down again.

Lol joe said *and scene* then the server crashed...

You gotta admit though, it is funny, just after a funeral, the server died :P

• Advertisement

Kenno90 wrote: »
    Sean I've used filezilla in the past to save every file within the server. something you may want to look into...

It's a massive amount of data and it would kinda defeat the purpose of a reinstall.

Server will likely be down today while the host reinstall Tekkit with their new process.

Advertisement