Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tekkit Server

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭natnif36

Failed to connect to the server

Connection refused: Connect

What does this mean? It keeps coming up whenever I try to join the server

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Seanbeag was fixing the nether I think. Someone put down a world anchor there

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Jos eph

natnif36 wrote: »
    Failed to connect to the server

Connection refused: Connect

What does this mean? It keeps coming up whenever I try to join the server

Sean took down the server maybe 15 mins ago, he has to delete the nether ( *cries after sinking hours into nether spawn* ), as somebody placed a dimensional anchor in there, and really mucked it up

Oh no! And then it turned out not to even be the nether...

I'll help build nether spawn this time tho

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Captain Albection

What was it so?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

I didn't delete the nether. The portal just moved for some reason. Not sure how to fix it. It's below the nether spawn area.

The lag problem I found was that the player RichardFrost had built a blaze farm with a dimensional anchor. Once I destroyed it and restarted the server it seemed to be ok.

Unfortunately it seems Disablecraft is not working correctly and banned recipes are being allowed in some cases. The rules and restrictions still apply even if the plugin breaks and I will jail people who take advantage of errors in the plugins.

By a blaze farm do you just mean a blaze rod macerating system? Or something else entirely? Like caging spawned blazes, flooding them then using an obsidian pipe for the drops?

natnif36 wrote: »
    By a blaze farm do you just mean a blaze rod macerating system? Or something else entirely? Like caging spawned blazes, flooding them then using an obsidian pipe for the drops?

The macerator system. Normally not a problem but when you leave an anchor there for 5 days it becomes a problem.

This is so strange. I've been creating a EMC machine with the Blaze rods technique and all was working fine until I decided to upgreade to a rotary macerator. Now when I try it, the filter is not pumping out of the macerator. Anyone know why? I've checked to see the filter was pointing the right way. It looks like the red alloy cable isnt attaching to it but it should!

EDIT: It was the redstone torch I was using to keep the macerator at top speed

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Aid404

Whitelist pls-Aid404

• Advertisement

Attempting to build a solar panel production facility, but failing miserably. Anyone want to help tomorrow-ish?

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭youreadthat

White list please?

Nichollz1

Aid404 wrote: »
    Whitelist pls-Aid404

Added
    miralize wrote: »
    Attempting to build a solar panel production facility, but failing miserably. Anyone want to help tomorrow-ish?

I'll help if I'm on.
    White list please?

Nichollz1

Added

Some well intentioned person left a DM Pedestel with a talisman of repair near the spawn. While it is a nice gesture it unforunately has the effect of spamming the server log every few seconds causing lag and capacity problems.

There has also been a similar problem with people leaving redstone circuits running.

I am considering resetting the server and implementing all the lessons I have learned since starting this one. I'm open to peoples opinions on it. I know people have some nice systems set up. At the very least the quarry holes will have to be filled on the current map.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

MagicSean wrote: »
    Added

I'll help if I'm on.

Added

Some well intentioned person left a DM Pedestel with a talisman of repair near the spawn. While it is a nice gesture it unforunately has the effect of spamming the server log every few seconds causing lag and capacity problems.

There has also been a similar problem with people leaving redstone circuits running.

I am considering resetting the server and implementing all the lessons I have learned since starting this one. I'm open to peoples opinions on it. I know people have some nice systems set up. At the very least the quarry holes will have to be filled on the current map.

Hi guys , sorry about the lack of presence lately. I'm in the country. I can help with the quarry hole , world edit is great for that.

I wouldn't mind restrating the server, I'm not finished my towers but sure that's life , end game happens a lot quicker using Tekkit so ....

Kenno90 wrote: »
    Hi guys , sorry about the lack of presence lately. I'm in the country. I can help with the quarry hole , world edit is great for that.

I wouldn't mind restrating the server, I'm not finished my towers but sure that's life , end game happens a lot quicker using Tekkit so ....

i was hoping that tekkit would have been updated before the restart. I know some of the plugins have already been updated.

I think the only thing they're waiting on is EE3, which got Alpha a few days ago.

I think the only thing they're waiting on is EE3, which got Alpha a few days ago.

Is that for 1.3 or 1.4 though?

Weel, feedthebeast is releasing soon on 1.4, with ee3 so...

Weel, feedthebeast is releasing soon on 1.4, with ee3 so...

I'm also more interested with feed the beast . Its basically the same as Tekkit . But all the modders work together to develop a less glitchy , stable release.

Once that's out RIP Tekkit.

On that note EE3 has been completely nerfed. There is no red matter. Collectors or condensers. EMC will be transported using wires of some kind. I'm delighted to see collectors gone but I'll miss the condensers...

I'm also more interested with feed the beast . Its basically the same as Tekkit . But all the modders work together to develop a less glitchy , stable release.

Once that's out RIP Tekkit.

On that note EE3 has been completely nerfed. There is no red matter. Collectors or condensers. EMC will be transported using wires of some kind. I'm delighted to see collectors gone but I'll miss the condensers...

EE3 looks pretty useless to be honest. All the good stuff gone and the rest being made more complicated. I wouldn't have a problem if they removed it from tekkit. The condenser was really the only thing that let you link it to other mods.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Jos eph

Wow, yeah, im really sorry, been having really bad connection issues the last few days, and when i was about to hook up a system to have the pedestal turn on & off (as im fairly certain they can be with redstone) my internet just completely died, i probably should have not activated it untill i was done, and i take it those will probably be banned now anyway. I
    f i get my connection sorted, i will help with filing in quarry holes and etc.

Jos eph wrote: »
    Wow, yeah, im really sorry, been having really bad connection issues the last few days, and when i was about to hook up a system to have the pedestal turn on & off (as im fairly certain they can be with redstone) my internet just completely died, i probably should have not activated it untill i was done, and i take it those will probably be banned now anyway. I
    f i get my connection sorted, i will help with filing in quarry holes and etc.

No worries , your heart was in the right place.

I generally have a rule that if it affects the server (or a large part of it) it's not good, resource wise

No worries , your heart was in the right place.

I generally have a rule that if it affects the server (or a large part of it) it's not good, resource wise

On that note, DM pedestels will be removed from new map. I figured out why the recipe blocker wasn't working. Hopefully it will be fixed now. if you can think of any other items that shoudl be added let me know

I also found something that may have been causing the flying-kick bug. Essentials has an option that limits flying speed so I'm thinking it may have been part of the problem.

I'll be disabling the placement of quarries. Admins will place them and fill in your last quarry hole at the same time. This means you can quarry the same spot over and over again and there wont be orange frames everywhere and big holes in the world.

Balkoons Weapons mod will now be limited to Donator and above.

I'm looking for another Admin or 2 and some Mods. Applications are welcome.

I'll be increasing the server difficulty to Normal to make it a little harder.

Still looking for a good map seed. Suggestion are welcome. But I plan to go ahead with map reset tomorrow with the best seed ive found.

On that note, DM pedestels will be removed from new map. I figured out why the recipe blocker wasn't working. Hopefully it will be fixed now. if you can think of any other items that shoudl be added let me know

I also found something that may have been causing the flying-kick bug. Essentials has an option that limits flying speed so I'm thinking it may have been part of the problem.

I'll be disabling the placement of quarries. Admins will place them and fill in your last quarry hole at the same time. This means you can quarry the same spot over and over again and there wont be orange frames everywhere and big holes in the world.

Balkoons Weapons mod will now be limited to Donator and above.

I'm looking for another Admin or 2 and some Mods. Applications are welcome.

I'll be increasing the server difficulty to Normal to make it a little harder.

Still looking for a good map seed. Suggestion are welcome. But I plan to go ahead with map reset tomorrow with the best seed i've found.

What kind of seed are you looking for, plains/ jungle ?? Having the last one in the desert was a bit annoying. The grass and trees had a horrible colour to them.

On my server we limited the quarries to one per person and allowed bigger ones for people in teams (Though they had to be underground). We then used world edit plugin (regen command) to fill in the hole with natural occurring ores and stuff. This method worked out well. But this plugin should also be limited to admins only as it can be very destructive.

There are a few people who i think would be good mods, and I know some people from the last server who would make good admins.

Considering EE will be nerfed in the next update i suggest we remove most of it. I know most people wont be impressed hearing that, but i think collectors and relays need to be completely removed,They are too over powered and will be gone in EE3 anyway. Also then when you actually create dark matter/ red matter tools you'll feel like you accomplished something.

Also I checked out the permissions for an american server and it seemed interesting

Guest(White Colour)
    Allow these guys to Build and Destroy blocks (Allows them to build a base until a mod/admin promote them to builder)

Builder
    Have access to BC, IC and EE (With several items locked)

Trusted
    Gains access to nuclear reactors, advanced machines, flying rings, condensers and the use of Dark Matter. Able to place lava and use of the mining laser (The majority of people were trusted players, only new members were guests and builders)

Donator
    Given access to certain commands like spawn / home / tpa also access to the weapons mod and several other high profile items e.g quantum armour / red matter ??

Mod
    Same as Trusted but can use Whitelist, Jail, Ban and Kick. They can also promote as far as Trusted.

Admin
    Have access to most of the commands, creative mode, world edit etc etc

I know the permission file would be complex for that but Sean already has a similar setup. Using this would encourage people to level up. Something to think about for the next reset

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Xephosis

please add me, my ign is Xephosis606

Server will be up within the hour. New Restrictions are as follows

Universal Restrictions
    TNT
    Nuke
    Nova Catalyst
    Nova Cataclysm
    Catalytic Lens
    Hyperkinetic Lens
    Abyss Helmet
    Infernal Armor
    Watch of Flowing Time
    World Anchor
    Teleport Tether
    Dimensional Anchor
    Cannon
    Crystal Chest
    DM Pedestel

Restricted for Builder rank
    Evertide amulet
    Mercurial Eye
    Ring of Ignition
    Ring of Arcana
    Volcanite Amulet
    Laser
    Destruction Catalyst
    Archangel Smite
    Collector Mark 2 and 3
    Relay Mark 2 and 3
    Balkoons Weapons
    Ender Chest
    Alchemy Bag
    Red Matter
    Red Matter Tools and Armour
    RM Furnace
    Nuclear Reactor
    Swiftwolf Ring

Trusted rank get access to
    Collector Mark 2
    Relay Mark 2
    Nuclear Reactor
    Swiftwolf Ring

Donator get access to
    Energy Collector Mark 3
    Dark Matter Relay Mark 3
    Destruction Catalyst
    Ender Chest
    Alchemy Bag
    Volcanite Amulet
    Evertide Amulet
    Red Matter
    RM Furnace
    Red Matter Tools and Armour
    Balkoons Weapons

Mods get access to
    Ring of Ignition
    Ring of Arcana
    Laser
    Ban/Kick
    Grief Inspection

Universal restrictions on placing items
    Collectors and Relays - 16 of each
    Quarries - 1 per person (must be placed by admin)
    Nuclear chambers - 6 per person
    Xephosis wrote: »
    please add me, my ign is Xephosis606

Added

I've done my best to increase the difficulty in a fair way to make for a better experience for survivalists. The spawn will only provide the community portal for people and an enchantment table. You will not be able to settle around the spawn. You'll understand why when you see it.

Server Up

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Captain Albection

You will not be able to settle around the spawn. You'll understand why when you see it.

Challenge accepted! (I joke, I joke, it's too cool for me to ruin it like that).

How do you decide who's trusted etc.?

• Advertisement

How do I donate and how much?

Advertisement