Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tekkit Server

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

Bc pipes are fine , if developing small , medium set ups. But once you develop large machines the chests can't cope with the shear number of times being generated.

My logic is , if your well equipped enough to developing huge automated setups then you can afford rp tubes.

Over flow is a big problem , it can affect the server if its bad enough. Then admins have to find the items ( that's if they are even online) and delete them , also hard todo if they are hidden somewhere

There is a mod called item stacker which would help a lot on the performance side

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭natnif36

Ender pearls have nothing to do with blutricity-do they? Even with 'infinite lava geothermal power' that makes eu which unfortunately is unconvertable to blutricity
    Also thermopiles are problematic because Then you need an admin to place lava for you-quite a funny moment in sips/sjin tekkit when they couldnt place lava lol-but also thermopiles take up a whole room and generate approximately 50% less power each than ro solar panels so as above blutricity is flawed
    (hopefully Eloraam fixes this sooner rather than later) as nether blutricity is only available through batteries, which is not exactly ideal...

Nice bc pipes in the tutorials btw 😄

• Registered Users Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭Wossack

really liked redpower, but getting them to work with advanced machines from ic2 nearly broke my heart - had to resort back to overclocked normal machines

Filters are really nice-a combination of filters and counters can make sure your timings are perfect and regular-something multiple timers cannot achieve as there will be slight differences,

Advanced machines are nice, butdue to having several input and outputs, they are bad for use with automation-very good for a simple 'machine wall' though mainly for manual use

What about the singularity compressor? It has only 1 input? Does it work with automation?

Btw this is still a discussion right?
    Not like an arguement or anything?

Perhaps we should, similarly to the linits put on collectors-limit the no. Of bc pipes one can place?therefor makif acidentally too large factories impossible?

Is item stacker a server-side mod or a plugin? (Or are they the same thing)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Jos eph

I noticed in your l2p tekkit series, you have a waypoint labelled "Joe", just 2 questions, Is that Joe as in me? ( ~Joe (aaron1708)), and if so, is it because i have done anything wrong/or that i am not supposed to do? (so i can fix it)

Thanks

Jos eph wrote: »
    I noticed in your l2p tekkit series, you have a waypoint labelled "Joe", just 2 questions, Is that Joe as in me? ( ~Joe (aaron1708)), and if so, is it because i have done anything wrong/or that i am not supposed to do? (so i can fix it)

Thanks

I can't speak for Sean but I wouldn't worry about it. I used to put waypoints for interesting builds so I could see how they were developing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭Wossack

natnif36 wrote: »
    Filters are really nice-a combination of filters and counters can make sure your timings are perfect and regular-something multiple timers cannot achieve as there will be slight differences,

Advanced machines are nice, butdue to having several input and outputs, they are bad for use with automation-very good for a simple 'machine wall' though mainly for manual use

What about the singularity compressor? It has only 1 input? Does it work with automation?

Btw this is still a discussion right?
    Not like an arguement or anything?

Perhaps we should, similarly to the linits put on collectors-limit the no. Of bc pipes one can place?therefor makif acidentally too large factories impossible?

oh just discussion from me anyway :)

problem I had with IC advanced machines, was that the inputs / outputs were all over the place - inputting to the opposite side then the normal etc. This just didnt play with redpower at all.. I would have it working once, and then it would just break

wooden pipes from BC did work with them however, but as I wanted a purely redpower setup for my solar panel factory, I jsut went for standard machines overclocked

can I get a whitelist to your server actually? wozza_ie is my IGN

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Advanced Machines are still rather unstable in Tekkit, even moreso after the latest update brought IndustrialCraft right up to its current version. They really are better off just used for Machine Wall setups and overclocked vanilla machines used for automation only.

Also, unless you're not mining at all then RP tubes are actually relatively cheap to spam - its not their fault that BC tubes are absurdly cheap :p Pretty much everything else is vastly more expensive than a couple of Brass strung together with some Glass :p The only tricky bit is getting all the Clay to make its sole prerequisite - the Alloy Furnace itself. Besides, those cheapo BC tubes don't power themselves - at the very least you need Redstone Engines to power them, eating up plenty of iron and redstone in the long run :p

If brass had an emc then rp tubes would be dirt-cheap- same emc as iron/bronze/tin
    Alloy furnaces are jaut slow and expensive-clay has, for some reason, a very high emc for what its used for

• Advertisement

Just thinking, is there really anything other than solar panels and perhaps circuits that are actually worth createing a factory?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

natnif36 wrote: »
    Just thinking, is there really anything other than solar panels and perhaps circuits that are actually worth createing a factory?

Overclockers and transformer upgrades for machines.

Ah yes, with the amount of non-stacking in the ingredients, those are a pain to make-forgot about those

Yesterday when mc.net was down, and everone had to use offline - it said that there was one person in the server-How is that possible?

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Hears6

Somehow penguin managed to stay logged in for a goodwhile and kept playing

Lol, his progress was probably deleted tho, no?

He might have been logged in before the login server went down, all that does is stop anyone else from logging in.

IIRC brass is dirt cheap, something like 127.75EMC sans fuel/blutricity (IIRC one tin and 3 copper makes a batch of 4). That means each batch makes two batches of tubes, or 513EMC per 16 tubes

Well it has the same recipe as bronze to make 2x as much, so it's not expensive in terms of resources, it just takes time to smelt, what I mean is that if you could just condense some brass whenever you need it, like for all the condensable mats

Rp pipes are really cool tho-and mag tubes are ridiculously fast, (not as much as teleport pipes obviously but) the fluid handling system in bc is better

To computers are very expensive though-compared to cc ones,
    Cc computer=7 Stone 1 Glass pane 1 redstone dust

Rp computer 1 Diamond Block (other stuff)

I think cc computers should cost more

• Advertisement

RP isn't meant to be cheap and RP computers are their Tech Level 3 and haven't been fully balanced yet, most of the crafting recipes for them are placeholders atm.

And what's wrong with RP's fluid handling? Yes, its Tech 2 and thus not so cheap but you can actually directionally PLACE and move around fluids with RP grates and pumps. In BC you can only store and use fluids, you can't place them again :o

Any one see this , look like the modders are working together to release their own mod pack. If they do it'll be much more stable than tekkit as the mods are working together and can remove any bugs/glitches

Check out the vid, its kinda boring TBH but its all the modders doing a lets play

Honestly, I don't know what's wrong with the fluid handling either - but several (may only be one) comparisons of the two mods basically say:
    Rp-Good, well developed, versatile, expensive -weak power system

Bc-Good, quarry's, cheap, quarry's, compatible, quarry's, good liquid handling, quarry's

Lol bc is all about, to most people, being cheap and having quarry's

Yes, solitaire, you are correct

Ok, I tried to connect and it wouldn't allow me, it says
    'Failed to connect to the server'
    'Connection refused: connect

Is the server down? Or Iam I banned or something as no-one else seems to have reported unable to connect?

I believe the minecraft authentication servers have been having difficulty of late. They seem to be failing sporadically. This will only affect you when loggin on. It doesn't kick you once you are on.

Edit: Although it appears in this case the server had turned off for some reason.

xXxJakexBoyxXx or whatever his name is , is in jail for griefing my tower of all places :rolleyes:

Kenno90 wrote: »
    xXxJakexBoyxXx or whatever his name is , is in jail for griefing my tower of all places :rolleyes:

He was trespassing in other places but I couldn't find any evidence of griefing so I left it at a warning.

Coldstop97 is also in jail for thieving many many things.

Gonna need a bigger jail I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,651 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

server down?

VinLieger wrote: »
    server down?
    Shouldn't be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,651 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Ahh now its good, couldnt access it the last hour though

Advertisement