Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tekkit Server

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

I don't, but I do have a cobble generator... that said, the pipe layout is pretty simple and its on a fairly lax timer (1.5s) so I don't know how it could be the culprit unless something else is making RedPower tubes buggy :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

Solitaire wrote: »
    I don't, but I do have a cobble generator... that said, the pipe layout is pretty simple and its on a fairly lax timer (1.5s) so I don't know how it could be the culprit unless something else is making RedPower tubes buggy :confused:

No i heard it was due to Joe having a ton of wireless redstone transmitters and receivers.

I'll be taking down my cobble stone generator , i've some collectors up and running(as much as i hate the stupid things)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

From what I've read it's a bug in wireless redpower. It also affects detector cables and certain rail tracks.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Jos eph

Kenno90 wrote: »
    No i heard it was due to Joe having a ton of wireless redstone transmitters and receivers.

I'll be taking down my cobble stone generator , i've some collectors up and running(as much as i hate the stupid things)

It was the wireless redstone causing serious damage to timers, Im fairly certain everything else in redpower is ok, well thats that Sean was saying anyway...

Andreasape123 and bulldog_9800 banned for griefing like noobs.

Server rolledback about 12 hours

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

o_O

They were on the server for a while before going postal :o

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭mad turnip

If interest is this big in tekkit and minecraft servers in Ireland and on boards, I could run another large server on proper equipment for free. Since i'm quite good at programming most of the installing mods and changing them myself aren't much of a problem if people are interested just like / send me a pm.

But since i'm quite new mabey i've read wrong.

Apologies if i'm hijacking the thread just remove this message.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

o_O

Must of been all that uranium they were sniffing....

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭mad turnip

Must of been all that uranium they were sniffing....

Well I had this physics teacher a few years back and he said he was exposed to some radiation materials a few times back in the day before they banned them in schools and he was nuts, so I think you could be onto something =D

o_O

I've been watching them for a while. Could never get definitive proof. Unfortunately I lost a member of my family last week and I haven't been on the server much. They obviously took advantage of that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Captain Albection

Very sorry to hear that Sean.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

Sorry to hear that man :(

Sorry to hear that Sean :(

For the maybe 6 people that know, I'm making a website for the server (all from scratch, apart from the forums section as that would take weeks to do from scratch), and I have just gotten over a huge hurdle in the progress of the website, and that, was learning how to actualy create websites, its coming along nicely, and should be done by monday :P

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭natnif36

Cool! Hopefully it goes well
    I presume it will contain more than the rules-like the current site?
    Will there be pictures of stuff from the server etc?

natnif36 wrote: »
    Cool! Hopefully it goes well
    I presume it will contain more than the rules-like the current site?
    Will there be pictures of stuff from the server etc?

I have pretty much just completed the rules, and each section gets its own page (because otherwise the background image just keeps looping) and i might consider putting an images tab, but not to sure how that would work, ill put up some screenshots in a while, just gotta finish typing out the staff list (need something for the main page :P ) and also there will be a forum, so we will have a forum for just the server alone :D

Ok heres the website link: http://tektopia.dx.am/ You can access the forums by presseing the forums button (somehow, 2 people have already asked me how to get to the forums... ) yea, it still needs a logo or something to put up the top, then something to go in the "coming soon" tab, but other than that, its ok :D

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭RichieD

Please whitelist me

TonyEricsson

RichieD wrote: »
    Please whitelist me

TonyEricsson

Added :)

Very sorry to hear that Sean.
    Kenno90 wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that man :(
    Jos eph wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that Sean :(

Thank You
    Ok heres the website link: http://tektopia.dx.am/ You can access the forums by presseing the forums button (somehow, 2 people have already asked me how to get to the forums... ) yea, it still needs a logo or something to put up the top, then something to go in the "coming soon" tab, but other than that, its ok :D

Looks Good. Just in time for the following

New Rank Structure, Restrictions and Penal Code

Ranks

Prisoner: You have been a bad boy and are in jail

Builder: You are new to the server or have done something bad and been demoted.

Trusted: You have been on the server without breaking the rules for 1 week. You are considered to know the rules and to follow them

Doantor: You have been generous and supported the server. You will receive a reward for this.

Mod: Tasked with enforcing the rules

Admin: Tasked with running the server

The following recipes have been removed from server for safety:
    Nuke, Nova Catalyst, Nova Cataclysm, Catalytic Lens, Hyperkinetic Lens, Infernal Armor, Abyss Helmet, Gravity Greaves, Hurrican Boots, Mercurial Eye, Watch of Fowing Time, World Anchor, Dimensional Anchor, Anchor Cart, Teleport Tether, Dynamite, Crystal Chest, DM Pedestel, Canon, Crossbow, Firerod, Blunderbuss, Blowgun, Musket, Javelin, Evertide Amulet, Volcanite maulet, Ring of Ignition, Ring of Arcana, Mining Laser, Red Matter, Alchemy Bag, Wireless redstone devices, Detector cable.

The following items will not be available until you are trusted:

Destruction Catalyst, Project table, Philosophers Stone, Condenser, Dark Matter, Swiftwold Rending Gale, Archangels Smite, Nuclear Reactor, Quarry.

The following items will be gifted to Donators:

Donations up to €5: Set of Red Matter Tools, Alchemy Bag, 10 Red Matter, 1 Extra Red Matter for each 10 cent donated.
    Donations up to €10: In addition to the above you will get another 20 Red Matter, a stack of interdiction torches, 1 Quarry, 1 Energy Link
    Donations over €10: In addition to the above you will get another 30 Red Matter, 1 Nuclear Reactor, 6 Reactor Chambers, 2 Teleporters, 1 MFSU and a stack of glass fibre cable.

Server Rules:
    EMC Farms: Only one per person. It must be efficient and not wasteful.
    Collector Flowers: Only one per person, maximum 16 collectors and 5 relays
    Portals: Portals Are disabled. Communal Portal Available at Spawn.
    No Looting, Stealing, Griefing, Begging or Trespassing
    Test Computercraft programs on single player first
    Quarries must be placed by Admin
    Only pvp with mutual consent
    Nuclear reactors must be cooled and encased in 2 layers of reenforced stone. Get admin approval before placing. Mark 1 setup only.
    No trading restricted items or their derivatives between ranks.
    No condensing Red Matter

Penalties for Breaking the Rules:
    1st Offence: Caution - You will be demoted for 7 days and be placed on probation. You are only entitled to one caution in your server lifetime. If the mod/admin decides your offence is serious enough they can skip the caution
    2nd Offence: Jail - You will be Jailed for 7 days and demoted for a further 7. If an admin decides your offence is serious enough you will be banned.
    3rd Offence - You will be struck with the ban hammer

EDIT: You might note that the only way to have red matter is to be given it. So if someone who isn't a donator or mod has red matter or red matter items it's safe to say they are cheating.

• Advertisement

Also TekkitRestrict is gone because it was terrible. Borderguard is also gone because it was cramping my style. Mods should now be able to spawn stuff too. Lag should be reduced because permission based crafting is all but gone.

You said that the recipes for wireless redstone are removed-however mods can spawn stuff in, is wireless redstone banned (like nukes) or just uncraftable (like a like alchemy bags) because a certain mod has some wireless redstone used in his elevator (built by me)-and I was wondering if I needed to change that to regular redstone/red alloy wire for him? (He could do it either)

This may already be fixed, or may not-I am not sure

You said that the recipes for wireless redstone are removed-however mods can spawn stuff in, is wireless redstone banned (like nukes) or just uncraftable (like a like alchemy bags) because a certain mod has some wireless redstone used in his elevator (built by me)-and I was wondering if I needed to change that to regular redstone/red alloy wire for him? (He could do it either)

This may already be fixed, or may not-I am not sure

Existing stuff seems to be ok. If I find a fix i will add the recipe back.

Ok, thank you :D

I was, FYI referring to Joe-probs not my business, but I placed it and was just checking

In reference to the incident last night, I've read the chat log. It seems this whole problem stemmed from a comment made by yleecoyote in relation to living in a basement. Be a bit more mindful of your comments in the future ylee. As for the claims of racism, people should be aware of the difference between racism and poking fun. It's a thin line but I don't want a server where people are afraid to joke around a bit. If you feel someones comments cross a line message them and ask them to stop. I will take a dim view of anyone who is asked to stop and does not.

In any case there is no excuse for doggymiens behaviour afterwards. He has been banned for advocating terrorism and ignoring mod warnings.

Hmm mods can spawn stuff now? #nukeparty XD
    Also, in reference to the ring of arcana now being banned, is it ok if i get rid of it and just spawn in a swiftwolfs instead? (seeing as i made one anyway in order to make the ring of arcana)

Hmm mods can spawn stuff now? #nukeparty XD
    Also, in reference to the ring of arcana now being banned, is it ok if i get rid of it and just spawn in a swiftwolfs instead? (seeing as i made one anyway in order to make the ring of arcana)
    MagicSean wrote: »

Existing stuff seems to be ok. If I find a fix i will add the recipe back.

I believe that your ring of arcana is safe, in reply to my previous discussion about your wireless redstone lift, Sean said that "existing stuff seems to be ok."
    Perhaps this is a 'politicians view on things' and may be considered twisting his words, but as your ring of arcana is already existing, it seems to be ok.

So no need to get rid of it at all :P

Anyways, how could you work without throwing snowballs at people with the ice function :)
    (Dont anybody mention zero ring-it doesn't work in smp-all it does is make a bunch of snow everywhere-no snowball launching function)

I believe that your ring of arcana is safe, in reply to my previous discussion about your wireless redstone lift, Sean said that "existing stuff seems to be ok."
    Perhaps this is a 'politicians view on things' and may be considered twisting his words, but as your ring of arcana is already existing, it seems to be ok.

So no need to get rid of it at all :P

If only i hadnt already gotten rid of it :/

Reser22 banned for griefing spawn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Xeyn

been offline for a number of week,s looking to get back in a couple weeks!

Advertisement