Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tekkit Server

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

Here's a link to the updated server rules

https://sites.google.com/site/seanbeaggaming/tekkit-server?pli=1

If you'd like to donate you can do so here

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=DV33FAAKG89TG

There's no minimum

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Did you ban Lava Buckets for good this time? Or are the permissions borked just like last time? :confused:

miralize wrote: »
    How do I donate and how much?

Thanks a million for the donation. It was very generous.
    Solitaire wrote: »
    Did you ban Lava Buckets for good this time? Or are the permissions borked just like last time? :confused:

Sorry I've fixed it now. it was a default setting I missed in Essentials.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

Whitelist please:D

Buttany

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

Buttany

No sorry, we don't like you :P

• Advertisement

Kenno90 wrote: »
    No sorry, we don't like you :P

I will start a holy crusade against you!

Buttany

Added

Seems to be a problem with the perms. The trusted rank is using the builder perms.

Here's the perms if anyone can see a problem

http://pastebin.com/jREH1LGe

Lag seems to have become even worse than it was last night. No idea if its localised or server-wide, all I know is that it was there before I started on my massfab (which is drastically affected by said lag :()

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭hal9000

Can I get white listed please :D
    IGN: niallers

• Advertisement

Solitaire wrote: »
    Lag seems to have become even worse than it was last night. No idea if its localised or server-wide, all I know is that it was there before I started on my massfab (which is drastically affected by said lag :()

I have no lag at all.

Also you can now speak

hal9000 wrote: »
    Can I get white listed please :D
    IGN: niallers

Added

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭nimrod86

Whitelist for nimrod86 please!

nimrod86 wrote: »
    Whitelist for nimrod86 please!

Added

Just a note to all. I am aware that there are ways to bypass recipe restrictions. The restrictions can be read by typing /rules. Bypassing the restrictions will be considered rule breaking. First offence is a demotion. A second offence will be a ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Jos eph

MagicSean wrote: »
    Just a note to all. I am aware that there are ways to bypass recipe restrictions. The restrictions can be read by typing /rules. Bypassing the restrictions will be considered rule breaking. First offence is a demotion. A second offence will be a ban.

I thought it was:
    First : Demotion
    Second : Jail and your house nuked (not sure if you were jking here)
    Third : Ban

Edit:
    Also, is the server down?

Jos eph wrote: »

I thought it was:
    First : Demotion
    Second : Jail and your house nuked (not sure if you were jking here)
    Third : Ban

Edit:
    Also, is the server down?

Last night I was quite close to nuking a number of people and filling the jail. There seems to be a lot of people with the rank of trusted who claim ignorance of the rules. The whole idea of a trusted rank is to give people some freedom, based on the assumption they will follow the rules, and also reduce my workload so I can play the game.

I know some people are not happy with the rank restrictions, particularly the restriction on red matter, but it is necessary for the longevity and stability of the server. I'll give a few days for people to get rid of contraband then ill start banning.

Are mods able to whitelist? I tried /whitelist add testing (i removed it again after) and it worked, so I just wanted to make sure that mods are actually supposed to be able to do this, thanks.

Edit:

Also the server seems to be down again D:

Edit 2:

Why does nobody ever visit the boards page any more D:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

Yes, Mods should be able to have access to several more items,

The can whitelist people, Send them to jail and kick them, Not sure if they can ban

Ye the server is down for me too :(

Damn :( Was just about to log in too :/

• Advertisement

Is it because of some automation gone wrong? Went like this last night as well around the same time!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

can i get whitelisted please ? korvanica

Sean, you should add a rank that people who have been in prison have, eg. Prisoner, Inmate, Convict ... something along those lines, and maybe you could restrict a few commands/items for people who have been jailed/in jail as more of a punishment. Just a little suggestion.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭natnif36

Wow, no Internet access for a week and alot changes :/
    Server reset, new restrictions, new mods, This much doesn't happen in a week when I do have access.

I haven't fully examined the new restrictions, but I agree that quarries are refilled with world edit/mc edit, there was alot of empty holes on the server, most underground, but, as evidenced on the Yogcasts tekkit-empty space actually is more resource consuming than stone.

Feed the beast sounds like a very good idea, but I hope it's bukkit compatible, also that they include things like the power converters mod-turned eu into mj etc

About ee3, in my opinion, it was mainly good for automation, and making non-renewable resources renewable, like, quite commonly, redstone, or flint-without condensers, it's useless-and should be/most likely will be removed.

Also, a convict/inmate etc rank sounds like a good idea, but, unfortunately, due to this servers slightly poor history with permissions, I feel it may cause more problems than punishment.

Also, on a previous server I was on, there was this user who had somehow obtained a large number of contraband-harmless enough stuff, but he planted it on several people, and almost got a ban for some of the servers oldest members.

And one final thing, what contraband were people mainly making? Extra quarries? Collectors? Lasers? Rm multitools? Etc

Is the server back up yet?

natnif36 wrote: »
    Is the server back up yet?

Yea its back up, but their is some lagg :(

Hmmmm lagg that sounds bad-like lag, but with an extra 'g'!?! :O

Jos eph wrote: »
    Yea its back up, but their is some lagg :(

Well nevermind, its down again anyways... Double :(

Server is literally unplayable in its current state. To make matters worse it looked like someone tried to torch the forest around my place, although I put the blaze out.

What? Someone tried to torch a forest? Not clever... At least it didn't burn completely down-do we know who started the blaze?
    The server is down again??? Argh this seems to happen alot...

• Advertisement

Nope, t'was only a small enough blaze... that I could see. And server isn't down, its just refusing connection requests. I'm on it right now :p

I've only ever seen this kind of lag on corrupted/hacked Bukkit installs - world is struggling to load at all and all normal server calculations are slowed down tremendously - the server is almost locked in a near-never-ending night at the moment, and machines/systems/mobs have incredible lag and slowdown, but players themselves are largely unaffected and can move around normally (so long as don't fall off the edge of the world :o). I'd hate to see what kind of gibberish the server console must be vomiting at this point! :o

Advertisement