Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tekkit Server

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

Right i unjailed Taitmax on good behavior.

I also promoted iccowan and bibimath because they are on the server longer than a week

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭shinobi2600

whats up with 2 people on the server asking to TP naming themselves notch and captainsparklez???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

Whitelist please

hungryjoey26

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Jos eph

whats up with 2 people on the server asking to TP naming themselves notch and captainsparklez???

Did they by any chance have a "~" symbol in front of their names? If so, somebody was just using the /nick command to change their nickname...
    HungryJoey wrote: »
    Whitelist please
    hungryjoey26

Thanks
    Added

Sean, Could we limit the /Nick command to donators+ ?

Alot of the time I haven't got a clue who people are because they are changing the name so often.

I know there are command like whois and realname but still, i find it annoying having to do them

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

Kenno90 wrote: »
    Sean, Could we limit the /Nick command to donators+ ?

Alot of the time I haven't got a clue who people are because they are changing the name so often.

I know there are command like whois and realname but still, i find it annoying having to do them

Yeah ok. What we'll do is allow mods and admins to change the nicknames of others on request. Maybe add the nickname to the whitelist thread on the forum Joe set up.

I'm also enabling alchemical bags. People seem to really want them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Whats the site for the forum?

miralize wrote: »
    Whats the site for the forum?

http://tektopia.dx.am/

Sean,Is the Server down ?

Sean,Is the Server down ?

I've restarted it there.

Minecraftian jailed for stealing Red Matter

and blaming ADHD

• Advertisement

MagicSean wrote: »
    I've restarted it there.

and blaming ADHD

:O

How'd he steal it ? I've seen loads of chests without signs, i'm like seriously -_-

Thanks for restarting it :)

I havent been on for days due to work, I dont know if I locked my chest with my donator goodies :/

:O

How'd he steal it ? I've seen loads of chests without signs, i'm like seriously -_-

Thanks for restarting it :)

i think they were working on a group project or something.

He had also nicknamed himself Admin.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

He's also broken into pretty much every structure I've ever made on this map. I suspect that if I hadn't locked up every condenser and output chest I'd be missing hundreds of diamonds, UU-Matter and aeternalis fuel right about now.

I've restarted it there.

and blaming ADHD

FYI This dude also stole DM from ylee.

Update *I banned him*

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭shinobi2600

anyone else issues connecting to the server today?

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭natnif36

I'm also enabling alchemical bags. People seem to really want them.

So the current ranking restriction on these is now what? Trusted up? Or builder? (Or did I misunderstand that post?)

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭natnif36

Solitaire wrote: »
    He's also broken into pretty much every structure I've ever made on this map. I suspect that if I hadn't locked up every condenser and output chest I'd be missing hundreds of diamonds, UU-Matter and aeternalis fuel right about now.

About locked chests, how exactly can computercraft interact with them? Could someone, place a turtle, tell it to go to the locked chest, and remove items from it? So unlike connecting a pipe to a chest, no trace is left? And perhaps even place a turtle -far away from the chest, and tell it to place a different turtle, that turtle is then programmed to take the items, ie the log says that *tutle (Id [something]) placed turtle at ...? Completely "No trace left behind"

Basically, what do the logs say about turtles? Could they be used to circumvent lockette? Are titles the new mission impossible?

Find out next time at Theifing worries from a named anon! :D

Ive had a look at the server logs to see what the problem is with the down time. It seems it's getting pinged a massive amount of time. My guess is that some people have updated to the newer version and keep trying to log in. This obviously puts a strain on the server. I think the best bet is to update to the newest version. I'll do it in the morning so the server may be off for a while.

• Advertisement

It seems the Tekkit team released a disgracefully broken Tekkit build. I'm trying to fix stuff but I may have to revert to old version.

Have reverted back to 3.1.2

Tekkit team should be ashamed to be honest. Disgracefully broken build to release.

What kinda stuff did they do.

Surely they tested all that before releasing

What kinda stuff did they do.

Surely they tested all that before releasing

Doesn't seem like it. Buildcraft pipes crash the server. Railcraft mod uses wrong files and looks for Forestry mod. Advanced machines are all broke. Nuclear Reactors and engines crash the server. Nether ores crash the server.

Doesn't seem like it. Buildcraft pipes crash the server. Railcraft mod uses wrong files and looks for Forestry mod. Advanced machines are all broke. Nuclear Reactors and engines crash the server. Nether ores crash the server.

Crap , is this going to affect our current world

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Tekkit team should be ashamed to be honest. Disgracefully broken build to release.
    Buildcraft pipes crash the server. Railcraft mod uses wrong files and looks for Forestry mod. Advanced machines are all broke. Nuclear Reactors and engines crash the server. Nether ores crash the server.

Epic_6d8a13_783105.jpg

Sounds like something wrong on the server end, surely technicgroup wouldnt release something that buggy without warning first...

miralize wrote: »
    Sounds like something wrong on the server end, surely technicgroup wouldnt release something that buggy without warning first...

A look at the forums will show how many problems there are.

Minecraft login servers seem to be down

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Jos eph

Hehe, cheeky Sean, getting Lewis to give you a shoutout :P

Edit:
    Haha 2 Yogscast shoutouts in one livestream, wow
    At least 30 new subscribers, congradulations! :)

Advertisement