Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tekkit Server

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

MagicSean wrote: »
    It's a massive amount of data and it would kinda defeat the purpose of a reinstall.

Server will likely be down today while the host reinstall Tekkit with their new process.

Sean, How long are you planning on keep this map , i want to start properly building and would be kinda annoyed if the map gets reset ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

Kenno90 wrote: »
    Sean, How long are you planning on keep this map , i want to start properly building and would be kinda annoyed if the map gets reset ??

I've no plans to reset it unless it's required by an update.

I've no plans to reset it unless it's required by an update.

Goodie , How is the server now, stable ?

Kenno90 wrote: »
    Goodie , How is the server now, stable ?

Seems to be

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Jos eph

Server always seems to go down or be extremely laggy at this time :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Server is back to being completely unplayable. Weirdly it doesn't always affect all users all the time. Is this still the host or is there something horribly wrong with this map?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 cian man1

whitlist please IGN: FaZe_spartin117

Solitaire wrote: »
    Server is back to being completely unplayable. Weirdly it doesn't always affect all users all the time. Is this still the host or is there something horribly wrong with this map?

Seems fine to me. maybe its just the time they back it up or something
    cian man1 wrote: »

Added

cian man1 wrote: »

Added :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Feed The Beast is now launched *nudge nudge* :P

• Advertisement

miralize wrote: »

Have to wait for compatable plug-ins before I would update. I'll check it out though. Forestry mod ftw.

Forestry ftw... but GregTech + no RedPower ftl :( Greg just kills it for me... another pointless ultrahardcore mod that "compensates for" EE by breaking everything else... and they put it in a mod that doesn't have EE :rolleyes:

Server down?

EDIT or updated...? Unable to connect 90% of the time, and the rest of the time my client hard-crashes upon connecting :eek:

EDIT 2 - w00t... updated it, worked for a while but with all preferences deleted, hard-crashed and bricked after opening my chat window. Guessing my Technic install has yet again corrupted itself and needs a full reinstall and rebuild :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Indubitable

Solitaire wrote: »
    Forestry ftw... but GregTech + no RedPower ftl :( Greg just kills it for me... another pointless ultrahardcore mod that "compensates for" EE by breaking everything else... and they put it in a mod that doesn't have EE :rolleyes:

EE3 and RP2 aren't yet updated for 1.4 but they will be included. Not sure about gregtech myself but i'll see how it goes.

I've not updated it.

miralize wrote: »

Feed The Beast sounds ok, but i honestly would just prefer tekkit :( i mean no ee? thats managable, but no redpower? No way in hell im playing it...

Think it's only singleplayer at the moment anyway.

Jos eph wrote: »
    Feed The Beast sounds ok, but i honestly would just prefer tekkit :( i mean no ee? thats managable, but no redpower? No way in hell im playing it...

They're coming one they're ready. And FTB is officially backed by the modders, they gave permission for FTB to use each of their mods. It also has forestry & steves carts (woo!)

Jos eph wrote: »

The killer is that it has GregTech, therefore no EE = no IndustrialCraft either (unless you're the server's bobage, so to speak, in which case you won't have full quantum until three hours after the start of the server rather than two :p)

Dec has been running a FtB beta server for days and weeks now :p Although it has no Bukkit protection of course.

You're able to download the server files from the modpack launcher

• Advertisement

Keep getting failed to log in:error, and the rare chance i do get it, im kicked within a few seconds with "blah blah blah: connection reset" :(

Nevermind, I have learned this only happens when at my solar panel factory, which probably means the chunk is corrupt or something like that :(

Nevermind again, It was only having a bunch of machines running at once :(

Everyone I know seems to be having that - both in Tekkit AND vanilla. Possibly some kind of syncing issue with Mojang's authentication servers? It only kicks in after you try to log into a server, and after I get the Failed Login error message I usually find that my client's web connection has somehow failed (only the client, not anything else) and I have to restart it from scratch.

I've heard that soon enough Redpower will be added to feed the beast :D

Server is down? It was down yesterday at this time too :( ...

I have taken the server down to reinstall it myself. It should be back up in the morning. I will again notify Daddycheese hosting of the problem.

If people could post each time they have trouble logging on over the next few days I will keep a record of the outages and if service hasn't improved by the end of the week I will change host.

I have taken the server down to reinstall it myself. It should be back up in the morning. I will again notify Daddycheese hosting of the problem.

If people could post each time they have trouble logging on over the next few days I will keep a record of the outages and if service hasn't improved by the end of the week I will change host.

Ye no worries man, it's annoying but it's gotta be done , try get a few weeks free service

There's some problem with redpower mod. The redpower folder was massively oversized and something is spamming the server console from the redpower mod. Server is back up now.

Banned babyfweddy,

He demolished the workshop and spawn, so i jailed him.
    (All Rolled Back BTW)

He was then being a little smart arse and offensive so i banned him

Anyone have any kind of detection system set up? Maybe a detection cable or something similar?

• Advertisement

Anyone have any kind of detection system set up? Maybe a detection cable or something similar?

what do you mean, like sensors??

Advertisement