Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The General Hip-Hop/Off-Topic Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

Dressing up as a G actually :pac: along with knacker drinking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

I'm going as David Bowie in the Ziggy Stardust years. I will inevitably attempt to sing his songs tonight after I get a couple of bottles of wine into me.

I'm going as David Bowie in the Ziggy Stardust years. I will inevitably attempt to sing his songs tonight after I get a couple of bottles of wine into me.

I will inevitably attempt to rap. After a few drinks, it won't be pretty.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

I was going to go as Woody from Toy Story. I was going to look class. Then my car decided to break down on the main street in Kilkenny at 11:15 this morning.

Had to get my dad to come out and try to jump start it. That didn't work. Had to leave it there and go back home. Then I had to pack my bag and make it up to Dublin Port for my boat across to Holyhead.

Long story short, despite my dad breaking the limit on many occasions we didn't make it. Had to spend the day in the library in the Ilac Centre. I'm currently on the boat going across to Holyhead. It's a pure disaster.

I'm going to arrive at 12:20. I've to drive one of the girls cars back to Bangor. I'm hoping that I can get back to my room by 1. If I manage that then I'm going to skull a naggin and head out. **** dressing up at this stage. The nightclub I'm hoping everyone is going to stays open until 3. If I can just get in then I'll be bang on.

I like to live life on the edge. Helps me to feel more alive :pac:.

Mr. Rager wrote: »
    Dressing up as a G actually :pac: along with knacker drinking

Will you be drinking a 40? Just to finish the look like :P.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

I've only discovered this thread now.

I are genius.

I came home early. My Spanish neighbours seem to think I'm dead sound. Invited me out the next night. Can't wait. They're a sound bunch.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I had to stay at home last night. I had a ticket to go see Jack White, but my daughter was a bit sick, so the ,missus went without me. I ended up listening to the little one crying for about 4 hours straight.

Well, not 4 hours straight, there was a 10 minute period where she was shouting 'HELLO' at me. Turns out she wanted to play with a telephone. When she got her hands on the phone, she resumed the wailing, but with a toy phone pressed to her ear.

Good times.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

I'm gonna have to stop coming home on random bikes at 4 in the morning, i have 3 now, the oul lad is not impressed. I also did significant damage to the ozone layer last night.

Dont even know why i'm up, my bed is calling me again

I was going to go as Woody from Toy Story. I was going to look class. Then my car decided to break down on the main street in Kilkenny at 11:15 this morning.

Had to get my dad to come out and try to jump start it. That didn't work. Had to leave it there and go back home. Then I had to pack my bag and make it up to Dublin Port for my boat across to Holyhead.

Long story short, despite my dad breaking the limit on many occasions we didn't make it. Had to spend the day in the library in the Ilac Centre. I'm currently on the boat going across to Holyhead. It's a pure disaster.

I'm going to arrive at 12:20. I've to drive one of the girls cars back to Bangor. I'm hoping that I can get back to my room by 1. If I manage that then I'm going to skull a naggin and head out. **** dressing up at this stage. The nightclub I'm hoping everyone is going to stays open until 3. If I can just get in then I'll be bang on.

I like to live life on the edge. Helps me to feel more alive :pac:.

I didn't make it back in time :(.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭baddebt

went trick or treat with my son(3) last night ................i dressed as Gangsta-Santa hehe
    I've started to introduce the lad to hip hop music (he doesn't seem to mind ...................well he hasn't told me to turn it off yet ),
    in the car I'd stick on , mostly old skool stuff for him from Nas , Mobb deep , oc, but have let him listen to the likes of KL, J cole, frank ocean ,

is he too young to be exposed ???

wifey ain't happy ................then again she an x-factor head (so wouldn't know anything about music )

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

baddebt wrote: »
    went trick or treat with my son(3) last night ................i dressed as Gangsta-Santa hehe
    I've started to introduce the lad to hip hop music (he doesn't seem to mind ...................well he hasn't told me to turn it off yet ),
    in the car I'd stick on , mostly old skool stuff for him from Nas , Mobb deep , oc, but have let him listen to the likes of KL, J cole, frank ocean ,

wifey ain't happy ................then again she an x-factor head (so wouldn't know anything about music )

Not at all too young. I have my 2 little 'uns listening to hip hop. I was listening to the new Sean P album with the 4 year old the other day. He appeared to like it.
    He also raps along to a few Beastie Boys songs.

My wifepiece has some taste, but rock orientated, and the kids sway more towards that now than hip hop.

This is a most brutal hangover.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭weemcd

baddebt wrote: »

You are doing the right thing, child shouldn't be growing up thinking x-factor is the height of entertainment and musical talent. They will be surrounded by children who do as it's all they will know.

I don't have a kid, but when I do they will know biggie smalls tunes from they're no age, along with plenty of other stuff like johnny cash, queens of the stone age etc.

If I ever have children I'd like to think I'd raise them with my musical taste, but I think kids have a tendency to go against their parents eventually in this matter. My father is still horrified that I grew to love hip hop. He just doesn't understand it at all and frequently has to have me explain its appeal. He's a Bob Dylan aficionado so I thought he'd at least appreciate the fact the music is so lyrics-focused, but he just doesn't get it. But then I don't think he understands anything that came after 1970.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,820 ✭✭✭floggg

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    I'm gonna have to stop coming home on random bikes at 4 in the morning, i have 3 now, the oul lad is not impressed. I also did significant damage to the ozone layer last night.

Dont even know why i'm up, my bed is calling me again

If I misconstrued the post, I apologise but as somebody who has had more than one bike stolen, if your stealing bikes drunkenly, you're an ignorant piece of ****.

Boom_Bap wrote: »

Not at all too young. I have my 2 little 'uns listening to hip hop. I was listening to the new Sean P album with the 4 year old the other day. He appeared to like it.
    He also raps along to a few Beastie Boys songs.

My wifepiece has some taste, but rock orientated, and the kids sway more towards that now than hip hop.

I wouldn't be putting them into hip-hop till they were old enough to understand the large gap between a lot of hip-hop music and reality, and that the language used and way they portray women isn't appropriate in the real world.

Not that I think hip-hop is responsible for corrupting today's youth, but at the same time kids at a young age are impressionable.

floggg wrote: »
    I wouldn't be putting them into hip-hop till they were old enough to understand the large gap between a lot of hip-hop music and reality, and that the language used and way they portray women isn't appropriate in the real world.

Not that I think hip-hop is responsible for corrupting today's youth, but at the same time kids at a young age are impressionable.

Hugely impressionable, but I think that at a young age they learn quicker that it's music and not reality. So later they can distinguish quicker.
    At this time in thier life, they use music in activities and for background noise. Music starting and ending, or with a long pause has more of an influence rather than the subject matter.

Not all hip hop does that.

If I misconstrued the post, I apologise but as somebody who has had more than one bike stolen, if your stealing bikes drunkenly, you're an ignorant piece of ****.

oh no an anonymous randomer on the internet who has never spoken to me or seen me before in his life is judging me, whatever shall i do, my whole day has been ruined, damn you.......

Pfft :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

oh no an anonymous randomer on the internet who has never spoken to me or seen me before in his life is judging me, whatever shall i do, my whole day has been ruined, damn you.......

That's like the first time I've seen the rolleyes emoticon in the Hip-Hop forum :(

Mr. Rager wrote: »
    That's like the first time I've seen the rolleyes emoticon in the Hip-Hop forum :(

i apologise :( it's not exactly the most gangsta emoticon around haha

Not all hip hop does that.

Sean P does!

I think kids can separate the two, and I think if the parents explain these things to them it's fine. If just be worried about them picking up language and not appreciating its meaning and context.

Dropping the n word in the wrong company could be troublesome!

I wouldn't expect it to bother you. It's not like I called you a decent person. Clearly somebody stealing bikes doesn't give a **** about others.

Keep doing you though. I'm sure you'll do magical things in life.

I'm sure you'll do magical things in life.

Yay :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

What are peoples general professions on here? Apart from P4ddy clearly being a most studious sort;)

Myself im working in a bar at the minute and absolutely loving it. Also coahcing soccer and tennis in a primary school. Cos the kids are off this week though im in both jobs every day.

Worked it out there that by friday evening ill have done a 67 hour week. And that isnt with a minute of exaggeration. Its going to be a toughie. 22 done at the minute

Student in uni too. Currently studying in Spain.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭HATCHET IRL

A student too, mature student at that. In cit doing social care

Student teaching students. Doing a postgrad in Wales in primary teaching.

Started teaching this week. Went alright. Some serious amount of paper work to be filled out though. I'm snowed under and it's only the second day. I've another 43 to go :(.

Have to correct 15 copies, do a lesson plan and evaluate my teaching and the pupils learning for tomorrow. I've to be up at 6.30. I'm giving myself till 2 and then I'm packing it in. Need to make my lunch as well before I go to bed.

It's my birthday this Friday. Safe to say I'll be drinking lots of pints that night and sleeping a **** load on Saturday.

• Advertisement

Ugh. If there's one profession I could never excel in, it's teaching. No patience for that at all.

Advertisement