Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The General Hip-Hop/Off-Topic Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

Mc Solaar, I did this exact thing 6 years ago.

Did it help?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

Mr. Rager wrote: »
    Did it help?

No. I only actually found out what one of his most popular songs was about a while ago. Great songs though.

I thought this was all happy, haha.

On southern rappers J Cole is clearly influence from his NC background.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

I've had a line from a song stuck in my head all morning. I think it's a sample from another song. Probably used in the hook or something.

"Down goes another rapper". I think there might be something about 40 MCs in there as well.

Anyone able to help me out? Google hasn't been any use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Sooo hard to knuckle down into college work. So much to do, so damn hard to start...I'm lucky I've no serious deadlines yet.

I need to ease the partying a tad...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

TheComeUp wrote: »
    Sooo hard to knuckle down into college work. So much to do, so damn hard to start...I'm lucky I've no serious deadlines yet.

I need to ease the partying a tad...

Sames. Need to stop drinking all my money too.

Sames. Need to stop drinking all my money too.

Yep...even though I'm only out two nights a week these weeks compared to 5 at the start...did sweet f*ck all today bar a reading and my Irish hw which a 2nd year in Sec. School could do...I'm lucky I've a slack week next week...I'm in school monday for SP/TP and we're off Thurs and Fri due to graduation in college.

Yep...even though I'm only out two nights a week these weeks compared to 5 at the start...did sweet f*ck all today bar a reading and my Irish hw which a 2nd year in Sec. School could do...I'm lucky I've a slack week next week...I'm in school monday for SP/TP and we're off Thurs and Fri due to graduation in college.

Same, have done very little today bar making a chickpea curry and watching episodes of the X-Files. So, very productive. I'm studying abroad right now, and alcohol is so, so cheap here, which just means I end up buying more. You don't realise the money going.

It's already nearly the end of October. :eek:

Same, have done very little today bar making a chickpea curry and watching episodes of the X-Files. So, very productive. I'm studying abroad right now, and alcohol is so, so cheap here, which just means I end up buying more. You don't realise the money going.

It's already nearly the end of October. :eek:

I downloaded pdf readings and lectures slides too...forgot about that :P

Ahh man that's dangerous!!! I wouldn't be able to do a bit of work there.

It's seriously scary....I must have an assignment in for the 6th and I haven't even a clue what the title is. Yera :L

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

I wanna go to college!! yous lads are making it sound so fun! 6th year is boring the nipples off me, all i've done is drink and more or less no work, i should really get the head in the books but sessions just keep popping up all over the calender, it's not really my fault...

• Advertisement

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    I wanna go to college!! yous lads are making it sound so fun! 6th year is boring the nipples off me, all i've done is drink and more or less no work, i should really get the head in the books but sessions just keep popping up all over the calender, it's not really my fault...

Despite the fact that I've done little or no work since the college year started and will be extremely stressed out come exam time, college is still awesome. School is absolute bollocks. I don't envy you at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

Same here, I blame all my alcoholic friends if I don't get the course I want :p

I've had a line from a song stuck in my head all morning. I think it's a sample from another song. Probably used in the hook or something.

"Down goes another rapper". I think there might be something about 40 MCs in there as well.

Anyone able to help me out? Google hasn't been any use.

The Teacha Krs-One MC's Act Like They Don't Know and sampled in Jedi Mind Tricks - Rise of the Machines.

The Teacha Krs-One MC's Act Like They Don't Know and sampled in Jedi Mind Tricks - Rise of the Machines.

Yea both of those songs came up when I Googled it. I don't think it's either of them though. This is going to eat away at me.

Both songs are brilliant. Good excuse to listen to them I suppose.

Hmm, well cheers this is going to annoy me a lot too!

Hmm, well cheers this is going to annoy me a lot too!

Ha I'll put on my iPod and see have I got it on there.

I think I might have it. I'm afraid to go and check songs though in case I forget the tune of it again.

Yes. I was flicking through my iPod about 5 minutes ago and saw his name and I thought it might be him.

Great song and album.

Fair play for getting it. That's put my mind at ease. Now to head back to writing lesson plans for college :(.

What are people doing for Halloween? I'm not sure if it's even a big deal here, but I want to do something.

What are people doing for Halloween? I'm not sure if it's even a big deal here, but I want to do something.

I know a few lads that keep the illegal warehouse rave thing alive and they're holding one this halloween, i just happened to get an invite the other morning off one of the main men, that's a night of alcohol and techno induced debauchery sorted out for me.

• Advertisement

I know a few lads that keep the illegal warehouse rave thing alive and they're holding one this halloween, i just happened to get an invite the other morning off one of the main men, that's a night of alcohol and techno induced debauchery sorted out for me.

I'm jelly. I haven't been to anything like that since last Easter.

Brothers graduation is on so I've no college and I'll probably get drunk on a bus back to Limerick for lectures the next day eventhough there's no chance I'm going to make the first one at 9am....naggins on the bus are sounding right atm....dunno will I get a costume....I'd love to dress up as Bughul from Sinister :L

.I'd love to dress up as Bughul from Sinister :L

that film any use? i've to bring some bird to it next weekend, bitches love scary movies....

that film any use? i've to bring some bird to it next weekend, bitches love scary movies....

Oh man serious scary movie, I shat myself :P Great movie though very well made....I thought the trailer would have the scariest parts but naaa...

hahaha I'd the same too, she even suggested we go see it on a night out and we went the next night...she was under my hoodie after about ten minutes!

Oh man serious scary movie, I shat myself :P Great movie though very well made....I thought the trailer would have the scariest parts but naaa...

hahaha I'd the same too, she even suggested we go see it on a night out and we went the next night...she was under my hoodie after about ten minutes!

Nice. I think I'll be bringing a young one to that film as well then :D.

Nice. I think I'll be bringing a young one to that film as well then :D.

Full proof man :D Seriously though it could have been me looking away had it not happened her so early...f*cking freaky as hell...must go see it again though for the laugh!

Sorted, this one isnt exactly playing hard to get either, within an hour of talking to her she suggested i bring her out, this film should do the trick :D

Sorted, this one isnt exactly playing hard to get either, within an hour of talking to her she suggested i bring her out, this film should do the trick :D

Well the one I brought I had shifted her the night before it and the week before it too so we're kinda having a laugh eventhough we're both messing around with others too :L College is great haha

Yep sounds like you've got one there alright!! Warm cuddly jacket and you're set!!!

Better to bring to a scary film than to one of those soppy 'Notebook'-esque films. Your night would be ruined if ya did that.

College is great. Enjoy every second of it. I'm on placement in a school 35 miles away from my house at the moment. Have to get up at 6 every morning to get there on time. Don't get home until 6 in the evening. Then I've to more work after that.

Friday is my favourite day. Got straight out of school after the bell and got the first train home. Arrived back at 4.30 and hit the pints as quick as I could.

Postgrad college life is ****. Undergrad is where it's at.

• Advertisement

Sitting here still fairly drunk after me sisters 21st last night, absolutely mental night, the sound system was sh1t so i ended up getting a taxi up the street to one of the lads gaffs to get a new one, got back from that and one of the teachers from my school was there getting hammered in my house, he'll never live that one down. about 100 people ended up in the gaff and spilling out onto the road, we all got told to leave about 4ish and me, 5 lads and 3 birds went across to a woods, i started an absolute blazer of a fire and the fire brigade ended up coming, that wasnt fun, then we wandered around the town for about 2 hours looking for sessions, got turned away at every door and ended up back in my gaff eating chow mein at 6 in the morning My left hand feels broken and the other one is cut to bits but we wont get into that now.....i fúcking love being a teenager.

Advertisement