Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The General Hip-Hop/Off-Topic Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Sadly after losing a very good friend today, he was only 16. Massive biggie fan.

Rest in paradise Rory Dell.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »

Sadly after losing a very good friend today, he was only 16. Massive biggie fan.

Condolences, I've lost a friend this year as well. It's not easy but gets easier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »

Sorry to hear that.

What are people's plans for the Christmas period then? I just watched the Toy Show and got pretty drunk. It's got me in the festive mood - all ready for two weeks of solid drinking and eating.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

What are people's plans for the Christmas period then? I just watched the Toy Show and got pretty drunk. It's got me in the festive mood - all ready for two weeks of solid drinking and eating.

Loads of college work due next week so I'm giving up my weekend to get most of it finished, haven't had a proper night out for a few weeks because of it so next weekend will be the start of my Christmas sessions. Always leave my shopping til Christmas Eve so not worrying about that for a few weeks. Have to plan a 12 pubs night too...love drinking around Christmas time, everyone's in a festive mood :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Work work and more work the sooner I've enough money to get out of this dump of a country next summer the better.

Iv set a side Stephens day,staff and team nights out etc but that's about it for me , it's the only time of the year I'd really drink but this year the funds are low and tbh I hate Xmas for personal reasons. I do love all the footy over the holidays though, buzzing for that.

Yes I am the grinch :D

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    Loads of college work due next week so I'm giving up my weekend to get most of it finished, haven't had a proper night out for a few weeks because of it so next weekend will be the start of my Christmas sessions. Always leave my shopping til Christmas Eve so not worrying about that for a few weeks. Have to plan a 12 pubs night too...love drinking around Christmas time, everyone's in a festive mood :pac:

Everyone I know just gets pissed for the Christmas period. It's a great laugh. Can't wait to watch loads of films too. My dad and I have a tradition of stuffing our faces with food and watching The Godfather together. I'm excited for that.
    Work work and more work the sooner I've enough money to get out of this dump of a country next summer the better.

Iv set a side Stephens day,staff and team nights out etc but that's about it for me , it's the only time of the year I'd really drink but this year the funds are low and tbh I hate Xmas for a personal reasons.

Yes I am the grinch :D

Where do hope to go next year?

Leaning towards oz because a lot of my mates are there and a few more are going in the next few months but I'm also really considering Canada, it appeals to me more but the only minus is I'd be on my own there. The taught of being so close to America if I ever wanted to venture down there is what's really drawing me in !

Leaning towards oz because a lot of my mates are there and a few more are going in the next few months but I'm also really considering Canada, it appeals to me more but the only minus is I'd be on my own there. The taught of being so close to America if I ever wanted to venture down there is what's really drawing me in !

Everyone is in Australia! I know a couple of people who've gone already and couple of others who are planning on leaving in the next year or two. I'm actually mates with an Australian girl and she was telling me only today actually that there are so many opportunities for young people there and that loads of Australians are sticking around. It seems to have survived the recession for the most part.

Don't know much about Canada, but I do know the US is pretty fcuked.

• Advertisement

Everyone is in Australia! I know a couple of people who've gone already and couple of others who are planning on leaving in the next year or two. I'm actually mates with an Australian girl and she was telling me only today actually that there are so many opportunities for young people there and that loads of Australians are sticking around. It seems to have survived the recession for the most part.

Don't know much about Canada, but I do know the US is pretty fcuked.

Tell me about it ! Iv lost a good chunk of mates to the place. Ye it does seen to be booming along with that comes the high cost of living though because it is fairly expensive there.

The plan is to try and get some sort of lucrative work anyway that's worth my while like out in the mines in Perth or even if I opt Canada there's oil rigs ,fields , mines that pay very very well but your taking 12 hour shifts 3 weeks straight type of stuff... You'd earn your money in that line of work for sure.

What's your plan for the Xmas anyway and the near future ?

Tell me about it ! Iv lost a good chunk of mates to the place. Ye it does seen to be booming along with that comes the high cost of living though because it is fairly expensive there.

The plan is to try and get some sort of lucrative work anyway that's worth my while like out in the mines in Perth or even if I opt Canada there's oil rigs ,fields , mines that pay very very well but your taking 12 hour shifts 3 weeks straight type of stuff... You'd earn your money in that line of work for sure.

What's your plan for the Xmas anyway and the near future ?

Christmas will be eating, drinking, baking, sleeping. Just a chilled out time, basically. I like just lounging around the house, watching loads of films and baking shortbread biscuits and things like that. I'll be going out a lot and meeting up with friends, cos I haven't seen most of them in months, some of them the best part of a year. So it'll be a Christmas of reunion! My mam is saving all the decorating part until I get back because she wants us to do it together (she's a bit sentimental).

Then in the new year I'll be back in Spain again. I'll probably do a bit more travelling at some point whenever I feel like I want to step away from college. I want to spend some time in Oregon at some point. I have family there, and I'd really like to see more of them and also experience Portland, which I hear is an incredibly cool city. If I can keep my money together, I might do that in about a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

I'm gonna sleep. Also catch up on all of the episodes of shows that I've missed out over the last few weeks. Meet up with friends and family.

Then I've to start into a 4,000 word assignment that's due the 11th of January. Looking forward to that.

Get hammered, go out with the bird, listen to tunes, catch up on all the sleep i've lost lately. Can't wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭MoyVilla9

I'm out of this country in early January for a while. Got an internship for six months in New York. Cannot wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

I cant get the time off work to get home for more than 2 days so ill be on my ownsome for christmas in Bordeaux. Bit crappy as im really a family guy but sure what can you do. Ill be heading home for 2 weeks in january though

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I'll be working in the office and on-call, be dressing up as Santa. Doing Christmas twice.....the wife is German and they celebrate on the 24th, so we'll be doing something then and on the 25th.
    The 26th is a day reserved for me and the lads to catch up, eat turkey sandwiches and have a few beers.
    Other than that I'll be trying to relax as much as possible and enjoying whatever time off I have with the wifepiece and kids.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Finished exams about a half week before xmas day...those days before will just be given over to much needed sleep and hangover recuperation. Christmas day with the folks and brother. Visiting neighbours and nearby cousins. Normally we go to Kerry on Stephens day to visit more close cousins....come home to Cork that evening and get absolutely rattled Stephens night with the lads from home which is something I haven't done in months....rinse and repeat I expect. I'm off all January so I'll probably be doing nothing much except having a laugh with friends and such from home and college. Must start on lesson plans though cuz I'm back in school the second week I'm back in college.

Should be crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

i work in retail, so I'll be in a real sh*tty mood until at least the end of January!

Eminem ticket sorted, delighted: )

• Advertisement

Got Big Boi's album. Haven't listened to it so I'm looking forward to spinning it after dinner.

My brother bought it for me, or rather I told him to get it for me :pac:.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

Just watched that End Of Watch film. Great stuff. If you like the likes of Training Day and Brooklyn's Finest you should enjoy this.

I behaved very inappropriately tonight and I don't regret a thing! A merry Christmas to one and all!

Andy_rse wrote: »
    Just watched that End Of Watch film. Great stuff. If you like the likes of Training Day and Brooklyn's Finest you should enjoy this.

End Of Watch is a great flick. Although people where complaining that it's supposed to be shot from their cameras, on board cameras and the crooks cameras, and then at random points in the movie it switches to another 3rd person camera. Didn't bother me at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

I behaved very inappropriately tonight and I don't regret a thing! A merry Christmas to one and all!

MD1990 wrote: »

Thankfully no trouble with the law, but I'm going to be in trouble with my friends when I see them later. But I had my fun and that's all that matters. Hope everyone else had a fun St. Stephen's Day/night!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

Had the worst night of all time.

Stephens Day I mainly had 2 sick kids complaining and needing attention.

Stephens Night I managed to catch up with the lads, watch the footy with them and capped the night off by winning a game of Trivial Pursuit.
    Then I got home to the 2 sick kids again and didn't sleep a wink all night.

Now struggling in work but have a Big Mac meal to tide me over :D

I am going for a chicken fillet roll. It's probably the thing I miss most when I'm in Wales.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Went to Kerry yesterday to visit the cousins we've down there...we do this every Stephens day...came back to Cork and got ready to go out in like 20 mins....ended up playing poker with the lads and a few random people in the lounge of this jammed pub and was up €170 before we headed to the nightclub fairly early...club was sh*t so I left and met up with a few people I hadn't seen since the summer outside without telling the lads who were fairly worse for wear...hopped into a car where these people were in cuz they said they were on their way to a club...I presumed this was Cork city or something...seemed like ages we were in the car until I realize we're in Kerry. Spent about two hours in this place in Killarney before making our way back to Cork at God knows what time...only dawned on me then that I left my phone somewhere...Rang one of the lads off a girls phone and had to listen to him for like 10 mins in a cranky sleepy voice asking "where the absolute f*ck did you end up last night?"...told him the scéal and before I could ask about had he seen my phone he said he had it...got a spin home to my gaff and got me Da who was just about to leave for work to drop me to my friends house on the way to get my phone...spent a few hours there and came home....not even a wink tired....serious night lads serious night :D

Advertisement