Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The General Hip-Hop/Off-Topic Discussion Thread

Options
15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

I've been considering EP. It's all about funds for me. Would love to see Wu-Tang, though one of my friends saw them in London a while back and said they weren't that great, so I dunno. A few friends are heading to Castlepalooza in August, which is the far more economical option, so we'll see I guess. Oxegen is looking like a pile of ****e.

By far the worst oxegen lineup I've ever seen, basically a weekend of supporting acts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭TheBza

That oxegen line up is the worst line up i think i've ever seen for any festival, the best festivals are the smaller ones, or even go abroad to some, for the prices of tickets for the "big" festivals here you could nearly buy tickets and flights abroad to some of the better festivals in europe, theres a few hip hop ones around europe and a strong present of hip hop acts in the others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

I understand that they're taking the festival in a different direction now and aiming it at a different crowd, but they should have at least changed the name of it, now that it's a completely different festival. They're calling it a "dance/hip hop" festival now which bothers me too. If they're gonna say that, they should at least try and book decent dance and hip hop acts. At the moment it looks like a stab fest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

So Fergie has decided to hang up the hair dryer for good this summer.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11667/8698530/Sir-Alex-Ferguson-to-retire-this-summer-Manchester-United-confirm

As a Liverpool fan, you can't deny what the man has done and will definitely go down as one of if not the best managers of all time.

As a Liverpool fan, at least he'll be able to guide the sleigh this christmas :D

Moyes is the front runner for the job according to sky. Whoever it is, I don't think I would want to be the man to follow him.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Have to agree, and me being a Liverpool fan, he's been brilliant for Utd. and for the Premiership.

And he's left the club in a terrific state. Whoever comes in will have a similar job to Pep at Bayern, stepping into something that doesnt need much change, but with huge expectations.

I reckon Klopp from Dortmund will be the next Utd. manager.
    Moyes will be off to Dortmund as his replacement.
    And Jose and Rafa are doing a swap i'd say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

I'm sickened , honestly this man has been a childhood hero of mine. Im 24 and he has been in charge before i was even born, literally the greatest manager of this modern era.

I heard the rumours yesterday on various sites etc and with the likes of paddy power cutting the odds short out of no where, I was forced to start taking it serious.

I honestly taught he'd have one more shot at Europe and I taught he'd announce his retirement at the end of the following season handing in plenty of notice.

Iv been glued to sky sports news all morning... Moyes has the job hands down and rightfully so I don't want some fella who'd have the potential to leave as soon as barca or Madrid came knocking.

I know Jose is different but he falls out with everyone and has proven to only be a quick fix for clubs. I like Jose a lot but my gut feeling says he isn't right for the club..

My friend is a big barca fan goes over several times a year, he's reckons it would of been peps if it wasn't so sudden. Peter smichael was on sky sports earlier and he's even said it, something personal has happened to cause this otherwise I honestly think pep would of got it myself.

Sorry for the book I just wrote there lads :).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Im an Arsenal fan myself but I love watching united play, much respect for fergie he's made a good few legends at that club it's a shame he's leaving, if mourinho takes over then Giggs can say goodbye to playing regularly for united, he'd do to Giggs the same thing he did to Raul.

Any liverpool fans saying to themselves "it's our year next year" can keep dreaming, united are still gonna be a savage side without fergie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »

Any liverpool fans saying to themselves "it's our year next year" can keep dreaming, united are still gonna be a savage side without fergie

We say that to ourselves every year regardless :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

It's kind of a recurring joke on the Liverpool discussion thread on boards :D

Someday, it might come true.

Advertisement