Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Embarrasing Moments In Shops

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

I was in Thailand a number of years ago. Anyhow I was eating very well the food was great. Then I got constipated for 6/ 7 days. Went into a pharmacy to get some laxatives. The girl behind the counter didn't speak english so after hand signals etc didn't work. She asked another girl to come over and speak with me. She got the message. She asked me in broken english how long it was ? I told her 6/7 days ... she replied wide eyed " such a long time" turns around to her collegues and explains what I was looking for etc .... they all starting laughing.

It said 6hrs on the package of tablets that it would work. I tell you it was exactly 6hrs I woke up in the morning and filled the bowl. Such a relief !!

thror wrote: »
    Not me but,

Two female friends of mine were out clothes shopping when we were in college and had been getting a bit giddy throughout the day after having a couple of pints with their lunch.

Girl A, let's call her Mary goes in to try something on in the changing rooms, Girl B, let's call her Dolly follows her in a few minutes later to see how she's getting on.

Dolly opens up the cubicle door which Mary left ajar and sees her bent over in her knickers picking something up off the floor. Given the giddy mood they are both in, Dolly decides it would be fun to shout "HOWYA NOW?!?!" at the top of her voice and gives Mary an almighty stingy slap on the arse. Mary spins around...

and it's not Mary at all, it's some random middle aged woman standing there in her bra and knickers having just been screamed at and slapped on the arse by a complete stranger.

Dolly and Mary (as soon as she hears what had happened) skedaddle.

Loved that one.. first laugh of the day

Similar, few of us out for a meal, the brother in law who hadn't being getting any for a while asked the waitress for stiffy toffee pudding instead of the usual variety,

strange one this.... how does that conversation go..... so you haven't been getting much off my sister lately....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

I was in work and a middle aged man walked in with a virus on his laptop and nothing signicicant about it. I was having a look at the laptop to see what was wrong and I noticed a girl I was texting sitting in a chair in front of the counter beside the man. I started talking to her and it turns out the man with the laptop was her step dad, so I talked to both of them for a bit (slightly flirting with her) and said id sort the laptop and call them when its ready, when I told them the cost the step dad actually said "I'll let you take her into the store room if you fix it for free". The only thing I could think of saying was "I couldn't do that" and there was an awkward silence before he left while she was already halfway out the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭nibtrix

strange one this.... how does that conversation go..... so you haven't been getting much off my sister lately....

Could be the spouses' brother, as opposed to your sister's husband...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭ViveLaVie

Was in Dublin late enough one week night and badly needed to pee. The only nearby place with a bathroom was McDonald's. Now the McD's where I live charges 20 cent per customer who needs to use the toilet so they won't have non-customers like myself making it too busy. I needed to pee so badly I thought I would wet myself if I waited any longer but sadly I had no change on me at all. I ran into the busy place and tried to push open the entrance to the toilets but it seemed to be locked. So I ran over to security and pleaded and begged that he would let me in. ''Please I will only be two secs I am bursting really really need to pee so bad please please please''. He let this go on for a bit and then smiling told me to ask the guy standing next to the door. Repeat my little show while he grins away and in the middle of my efforts I notice a little old lady strolling up to the door and pushing it open. At this the two security guards laughed and I legged it in, morto. The door had been open all along, I just hadn't pushed hard enough, and had needlessly begged two security guards to let me pee in front of everyone in a busy McD's. The shame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

Huge basketful of shopping. All scanned and i've bagged it efficiently. Looked in my wallet and realised i had nowhere near enough cash.

Luckily enough, there was an atm nearby so i said i'd be back in a flash. Dashed to the atm with a speed that would make Usain Bolt look twice. Paid for it and left, avoiding the stares of the 5 people behind me :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

I LOVE this thread. Has had me laughing all day :p

One of mine wasn't strictly in a shop, but on a bus. I was chatting to my friend before I got off, and meant to say "enjoy yourself tonight" to her because she was heading out and "thanks" to the bus driver. Course I somehow got all confused and muttered "thanks" to her, and shouted "ENJOY YOURSELF TONIGHT!" in a sing songy voice to the bus driver. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

I'm married to his sister :confused: He was single at the time, the conversation was between him and the waitress

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭whatlliwear

A few years ago my mother went shopping with one of the grand-daughters. She usually buys them something after all the shopping so she told the little one that she had no change.. Not telling her that she'd get her something at the end... Anyway after buying a few bits in Penney's my mother paid with loose change and the little one screams "Nana i thought you said you had no money!!" ha ha ha. Everyone around them started to laugh. It was so funny...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

Happened to an ex friend of mine,

She went into our local shop to buy milk or something (she was only about 9 or 10 at the time) anyway she needed to go to the toliet but said she'd go to the shop first quickly (only across the road).

Anyway got her milk, was next in the que, and this time she was bursting!:rolleyes: walked up to the till.....couldn't hold it in anymore....pissed right there on the spot, to make it worse she was wearing shorts :o having a long piss streaming down her legs :o a local man standing behind goes "l think this one needs a mop!" :pac::pac:

think l pissed myself when she told me :L

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭james142

what was that ad for?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 381 ✭✭Bad Santa

I've read a few prices wrong and then not been able to afford whatever the real price was.

Some quick waffle about having left your wallet in your Ferrari and how you'll be right back usually suffices before really heading off to the nearest alleyway to crawl inside a bin and cry.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

I was in River Island a while ago with two of my friends, one guy and one girl. The girl friend decides to look at clothes and me and my friend got bored so we started playing tag in the shop (real mature, I know :pac:).

In an effort to avoid him I ran into an old woman and kind of kicked her. She wasn't pleased. :pac:

I also once was on the phone to a takeaway and accidentally said 9 inch penis instead of pizza! :o

My friend's little sister once asked for a diarrhea coke instead of diet, and another guy's nana once asked for some "n*gger brown paint".

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭paul4green

Was working on the tills in Penney's Nutgrove one summer, a few years ago, when an elderly lady, elegantly dressed arrived at my till. She begins to empty her items from one of the purple circular carrier bags onto the counter.

At this stage, my face is going pure red as she unloads the biggest load of sexy underwear I've ever scanned through in one go!, corsets, fish net leggings, thongs, thassled knickers and sexy bra's!. The girl serving next to me was in histerics at this stage and actually had to duck below the counter to cover her laughter.

All processed and packaged into her bag, it came to ~60e, just as she's about to leave, she spots the small items that are on sale at the counter -VASELINE to which she says " I'll take 2 of them :)".

GAS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭Dublin Chick

Last went I went to the Esso and my spare knickers (YES every NORMAL woman carries a pair) went flying across the counter at the teller when I went to pay and he had to hand them back to me in front of a large queue.....OF COURSE they were not the sexy kind but they were clean at least!

Years ago I worked in a DIY store (not of the sexual nature but like sold paint and home improvement stuff). A colleague of mine was in the paint section and knocked a 250ml of red gloss off a top shelf and it bounced off the ground, the lid popped off and red gloss went all over this lady.....now this store was in a particularly nasty town and there were some let's say undesirables on the aisle. She was absolutely covered in red gloss paint and one of them shouted "Ah yer ones in her period"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

ah the poor woman :L

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

Last went I went to the Esso and my spare knickers (YES every NORMAL woman carries a pair) went flying across the counter at the teller when I went to pay and he had to hand them back to me in front of a large queue.....OF COURSE they were not the sexy kind but they were clean at least!

as long as the werent 'neapolitan' youd be grand

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

I like most blokes hate shopping, so like all men was forced around the shops on Xmas with their missus.

Anyway we were in debenhams in blanch and she kept picking up random stuff saying "oohhh mam will love this etc". I went looking in another isle for a few moments (all the shelves were shoulder height) when i glanced over to her having a full blown on conversation to herself while another lady roughly my height stood behind her looking on the shelve behind her. I knew the lady behind was confused as she kept looking around for whoever this weirdo could be talking to. When the girlfriend turned around to the lady saying "what do you think?" she nearly died of embarrassment. She apologized profusely and i nearly wet myself i was laughing so hard......

(yes i left my girlfriend talking to a random-er for about 5 mins no exaggeration)

Since then i have been chained to the trolley!

• Advertisement

as long as the werent 'neapolitan' youd be grand

I actually do not know what that means....:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

ill tell you when your older

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles-old

ill tell you when your older

I think I get it :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Neapolitan ice cream is pink, white and yellow.

It's a bit like the doctor telling the man's wife he needed a sperm, stool and urine sample from her husband... so she handed him her husband's underpants.

*shudder* :(

WTF peeps, they were CLEAN under garments.....even if they were not...WTF!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles-old

Don't know which is worse, peeps or under garments !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

It's AH, wedgies are standard for new people.

I thought you were new, but I see you've been here longer than I have. I'm leaving now as I don't carry a pair of emergency jocks with me and I've avoided the inaugural wedgie so far! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

I think I may have posted this before but when my youngest son was about 3 years old I over heard him talking to his older brother about his "balls". I told him he should call them testicles instead.

Fast forward a few weeks and I take my sons out for a Chinese dinner and as I like to foster independence in my kids I would get them to order for themselves and much to my mortification my youngest asks the waitress for "chicken testicles". Bless.

About a year after that I was taking my kids to visit my aunt in Holland for their holidays and we were sitting in Belfast Airport having breakfast when the same little son lets rip with the loudest burp ever and everyone just stops and looks. Mortifying!

Am sure I have more but cant think of them at the mo.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,266 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Last year I went into my local Supervalu, doing a quick shop, so I had a heavily laden basket held in my right hand and, thinking ahead to the morning, I picked up two cartons of soya milk with my left hand. I knew I didn't pick them up right as soon as I lifted, so I put them back down on the shelf.

The only problem was that I managed to put one of the carton only half on the shelf, and when I went to catch the carton, I used my left hand, which was still holding on to the other carton. In effect, I pretty much threw a carton of soya milk at the floor of Supervalu.

Whatever way it landed, the entire carton disintegrated, I mean the carton was unrecognisable afterwards, and I wasn't much better off myself. I was covered in soya milk, head to toe, my socks and shoes made squishy noises when I walked, and I had droplets of soya milk everywhere, all over my coat, some got in my eye, my hair was wet in places, and my face was very rapidly going through every shade of red possible.

Decided there and then to cut my losses, stormed to the cash registers, mumbled out "There's been a spillage at the fridge" as I squished my way past a worker, and then had to stand in the queue for at least five minutes, stinking of soya milk. I looked back the way I came and there was incriminating soya milk footprints the length of the shop, leading directly to me.

An old women then asked me was I okay, obviously sensing my distress, or more likely wondering why I stank of Soya milk. I just smiled and replied "I'm just super now", what else could I say?

Took me a while to go back into that shop, and the worst thing of it all was that even after some amount of time had passed, the fridge area still had a faint smell of soya milk. It had only been done up a few weeks before all this too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

I've been reading through a lot of this thread and some of the posts are very funny, but unfortunately a lot of them are IMO made up. No less than OP himself! very creative people you boardies are though.

Advertisement