Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Embarrasing Moments In Shops

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭enniscorthy

not quiet a shop experience but went out for family meal once with wife kids etc and recognised the waitress from the night previous who was broadcasting live on cam4 hehe took out my iphone and started showing everyone the screen caps hehehe oh she was morto hahahaha talk about embarassing moments hohohoho dont get me started on that one mate she was humiliated beyond belief

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Mr Keek

More of a bar story, but seriously embarrasing.

In a really quite pub over in Amsterdam, having a pint with my mate. Three other lads also tourist walk in and sit down shortly after we got our pints.

The bar maid comes their table and takes their orders and they start looking over at us, and pointing. My mate says 'Nice one, the lads are buying us a pint.'

So we turn around and give them big smiles and thumbs up. And give them the usual Thank you, ye shouldn't have done that.

The other lads get their pints and we give them a thanks again, and more thumbs up, they had no English. We still try and ask them where they are from, and what football clubs they support, you can't just accept a pint and not talk like.

5 mins later, there is no sign of our pints and we're lookig around for for these pints and the barmaid is reading the paper....and then the penny drops.

I say to my friend, "skull that and get the feck out of here, those lads aren't buying us a pint, they were just asking the barmaid for pints of whatever we had"

Morto!

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭misterdeeds

I was in ALDI one friday evening, as you would expect it was pretty busy and only 2 checkouts open (the usual ALDI thing) so I go to the shortest queue with my few bits and wait , as I'M waiting for a few mins I feel something touch my leg so I ignore it but then a few secs later I see some middle aged woman(mid 30's) on her knees picking up tampons all around me and beyond , the box must have bust open on her, poor woman.
    she had some look on her face and everybody looking at her feeling sorry for her mishap . funny in a way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭vitani

The shop I used to work in stocked little sets of books at the tills called 'Don'ts for Wives' and so on. One Sunday afternoon, two women came up to the till, and one picked up one of the books to show to the other.

Me, being the ever-helpful sales assistant pointed out that we also stock 'Don'ts for Husbands'.

'Hmph,' she sniffed (mostly) to her friend. 'I'll send it to him and his mistress down in Mullingar!'

I just about managed to finish the sale, but the moment she left the till, I literally started to cry with laughter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

My first day working on checkouts in a supermarket years ago- I was scanning a load of shopping in and when the conveyor belt moved, a 2ltr bottle of 7up fell over. It must have had a small hole in the bottle cos when it moved up the belt, the fizz caused the bottle to explode and COVER me in sticky horrible 7up. It was dripping off my face, my hair, everything!! On my first day!!!! I had no option but to finish scanning all the shopping covered in 7up. I could have cried I was so embarrassed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

I was in the gardening section of B&Q in June looking for some plant food. There was an old man beside me who was obviously short-sighted 'cos he was having difficulty trying to read the small labels.

He was holding a bottle really close and then far away. I was just about to ask him if he needed a hand, when he let a roar at a young girl nearby who was working there.
    'OI MISS - IS THIS STUFF ANY GOOD FOR CHLAMYDIA '

The young girl nearly started choking and was looking at me with a strange expression on her face, when the penny dropped.

I asked him - 'Do you mean Clematis (climber plants)'

'THATS THE FECKIN ONE ALRIGHT' he replied.

Phew!

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭n0brain3r

Was queuing in Tesco with my 3 year old and a lady wearing a burka walked up behind us. After a couple of minutes my little one turned to the lady and asked at what seemed like the top of her voice was she waiting to rob the shop! Que me being morto and tryin to hide the tears of laughter :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

ElleEm wrote: »
    My first day working on checkouts in a supermarket years ago- I was scanning a load of shopping in and when the conveyor belt moved, a 2ltr bottle of 7up fell over. It must have had a small hole in the bottle cos when it moved up the belt, the fizz caused the bottle to explode and COVER me in sticky horrible 7up. It was dripping off my face, my hair, everything!! On my first day!!!! I had no option but to finish scanning all the shopping covered in 7up. I could have cried I was so embarrassed!

It could have been worse ;):pac:.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭csi vegas

Rigol wrote: »
    Ive never come across such a man.

WHAT? This is WHAT? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

Hal1 wrote: »
    It could have been worse ;):pac:.

Of course it could have, but this thread is about embarrassing stories in shops and this is mine!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 Fr.Buzz

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=beN7FftWNCM

Ive never been more embarrassed!!..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

I posted this in one of the 'most retarded thing you've done' threads.

On tills in work one day I was being distracted by my friend next to me telling me a story. I turned around to the queue and instead of calling next, roared 'DO YOU HAVE A CLUBCARD?' at them. It was mortifying as there was a lot of staff and managers around me and a HUGE queue. I often mixed up what I was saying..saying thanks at the wrong time etc. but nothing like that. Everybody roaring laughing at me, purple in the face ughh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

I went into a Service Station and got a coffee, lined up to pay for it, paid,(I'm very tall btw) and turned around to leave. Under my line of sight, was a lad in a nice white shirt and a suit, queing up behind me, who I duly fell over, crushing the cup of coffee between the two of us, drowning the two of us in the stuff. All "good" for me, I was wearing a hoodie and jeans(work gear) and I landed on top of him, but yer man was destroyed, utterly fecked from head to toe in coffee and fairly squished from 15 stone of Pottler. I've never actually apologised more in my life and out of the place I thought I'd never get. It's my regular stop for fuel as well so the wans in there never let me forget it either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭vitani

I posted this in one of the 'most retarded thing you've done' threads.

On tills in work one day I was being distracted by my friend next to me telling me a story. I turned around to the queue and instead of calling next, roared 'DO YOU HAVE A CLUBCARD?' at them. It was mortifying as there was a lot of staff and managers around me and a HUGE queue. I often mixed up what I was saying..saying thanks at the wrong time etc. but nothing like that. Everybody roaring laughing at me, purple in the face ughh.

That's just reminded me of the time I rang up a sale, and went 'That'll be €10.39 please.'

The bloke looked at me strangely and I realised that couldn't be right, there was a pile of stuff in front of him.

'Sorry,' I said, the penny dropping. 'I just read you the time.'

The actual sale was over €50 :o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭flash1080

Buying a "dine for two" meal for one :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

I pulled a load of change out of my pocket as i forgot my wallet in a shop. The lady told me to throw it all down and she would count it outd. There was an empty condom wrapper in amounst the change...

She handed it back and said "We dont give refunds on opened packets"

At least she took it lightly....

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

I pulled a load of change out of my pocket as i forgot my wallet in a shop. The lady told me to throw it all down and she would count it outd. There was an empty condom wrapper in amounst the change...

Gentle lover eh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Hallyington

Just after having about 11 cans of bulmer's me and my friends decided to go to the local shop (a londis) for some food and i was dying for a piss. Friend directs me to a backroom. I enter and the door automatically shut so i couldn't find the light since it was pitch dark in there. I unzipped my jeans and started to piss when i hear the noise of it hitting off plastic. The piss lasted what felt like hours. Once i left i heard my feet hitting the puddle of piss. I run out of the shop (which is right beside my housing estate) and i didn't go back for 4 weeks. No one ever noticed ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭RUCKING FETARD

Just after having about 11 cans of bulmer's me and my friends decided to go to the local shop (a londis) for some food and i was dying for a piss. Friend directs me to a backroom. I enter and the door automatically shut so i couldn't find the light since it was pitch dark in there. I unzipped my jeans and started to piss when i hear the noise of it hitting off plastic. The piss lasted what felt like hours. Once i left i heard my feet hitting the puddle of piss. I run out of the shop (which is right beside my housing estate) and i didn't go back for 4 weeks. No one ever noticed ;)
    Is that right?

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Dark Artist

I told my little brother to go into the video shop when we were kids and ask for a movie called Coco Jambo.
    He got to the counter and the girl was like, "Ummmm… that's a song."

F**king hilarious, makes me laugh every time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,561 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Was queueing up in spar the other day and day dreaming when I saw the girl at the till beckoning me over with her hand in what I thought was a very rude manner.

So i said feck this and pretty much slammmed all my stuff down in front of her to show her my destain for her rude manner, while giving her dirty looks.

Only when paying did I realise she was deaf :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭b.harte

"A friend" of mine was having make-up / break-up sex with his on/off GF.
    "He" took some sort of tablet (gel sachet) to promote on demand wood for a repeat-repeat-repeat- (true story) performance while she was in the shower, fully expecting to have some fun when she got out.
    She had other plans so they went shopping......
    To the downstairs lady garment area of brown thomas, where she was asking his opinion on all manner of barely there.
    Que a raging, uncontrolled, and quite frankly unbearably painful (or so he says) experience, while she found the whole thing rather amusing.

Poor guy.

I had an experience where I was waiting to have some lingerie from Ann summers in Manchester store parcel wrapped as a gift for a GF (was on a work course). I was having a look around while waiting and ended up in the sex toy section, where I met a work colleague trying to decide which or both of the monster dildos he has holding he would buy. I could have slipped away without saying a word, instead I said hello to him, he went bright red, I laughed, told him to get both.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Wilde86

I used to work in a retail outlet on Grafton street and one evening I was behind the till with my co worker serving customers when one woman approached me with her little baby.
    Then I noticed that while we were doing the cash transaction that she was breast feeding while handing me over the money.
    I didn't know where to look and neither did my colleague and the person that she was serving.
    Now, I have no issues with a woman breast feeding her child in public places ie cafe or public park. But I do have an issue with a woman doing it at a cash register.
    Am I alone in thinking that this is a step too far?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭say_who_now?

Wilde86 wrote: »
    I used to work in a retail outlet on Grafton street and one evening I was behind the till with my co worker serving customers when one woman approached me with her little baby.
    Then I noticed that while we were doing the cash transaction that she was breast feeding while handing me over the money.
    I didn't know where to look and neither did my colleague and the person that she was serving.
    Now, I have no issues with a woman breast feeding her child in public places ie cafe or public park. But I do have an issue with a woman doing it at a cash register.
    Am I alone in thinking that this is a step too far?

Are we allowed say blast you with milk!? :D

I agree with you though- she should've had the baby hand you the money instead! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Wilde86

Are we allowed say blast you with milk!? :D

I agree with you though- she should've had the baby hand you the money instead! :rolleyes:

Har Har! That would have been a pretty special moment. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22 toshsat

OHHH FÚCK, I have to stop reading this thread before I cough up a lung! :pac:

Brillant :D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 22 toshsat

Classic :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

Didnt happen to me but a girl i work with when serving a woman who is buying a dress for her child.

Friend: oh this is a nice dress, is it for a special occasion?
    Customer: eh something like that.
    Friend to child: you must have been a really good girl to get a dress like this.
    Child: no its coz my grandad is dead.
    Friend: ......
    Customer: the 'occasion' is a funeral.
    Friend: oh eh sorry

awkward!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Hallyington

Is that right?

In a certain way, I imagine some unlucky person found "yellow liquid" on there crisps

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭Vicar in a tutu

Walking through tescos with my mother, she ALWAYS lets off a horrible noisy fart and blames me :(:(:(

Advertisement