Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Embarrasing Moments In Shops

Options
167891012»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭xXxkorixXx

Admiral - are you under a new username? I can't find you...?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Calibos

I had an embarrassing moment in a shop when I was caught stalking...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I was wandering around Woodies a couple of years ago looking for some hardware yoke when I walked past the bathroom showroom area.
    In the corner, a young girl, just a few years old, was sat atop one of the display toilets with her pants down and likely in full flow...
    Her Dad then came over as it was clearly too late and in fairness to him, he did go to a staff member to warn them of the surprise that her daughter left in the display unit.
    Morto for them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

cuana wrote: »
    Which reminds of a story! My cousin has twins so while out shopping one day she can't find her son in the shop she starts to panic runs out into the shopping center screaming his name looking for him after a few minutes of searching she finds him only to then realize she'd left his sister behind him in the shop :D

I will tell you the worst one I ever experienced.

Woman comes up to me years ago in a panic - "I can't find my son, I can't find him anywhere!"

No problem, I say, we'll get some of the staff members to help you look. It was a really big shop, more like a warehouse. She's so on edge that she runs off looking for him again, so I get a few staff members to just wander around looking for any unattended kids that might be lost.

Few minutes pass, she's comes back up again, and now she's in even more of a panic and fluster, and I start to worry did the kid wander outside? It was a pretty busy traffic area. She comes up again and actually shouts "are there any weirdos around here?! Would someone have taken him?!" At this stage other concerned customers started coming up to offer their help.

Now I didn't know what to say - why yes maam, we have convicted sex offenders amongst our staff....

Just as I was struggling to think of what to say, she lets out a scream and runs over to a kid that's just appeared. There were actually tears in her eyes.

Now this is the good part.

THE KID WAS ABOUT 11 ****ING YEARS OLD!!!

The mother started hugging him and kissing him and saying stuff like "Oh my god I didn't know where you were, I was so scared, oh thank god" etc.

The kid just had the most straight up poker face ever. His face just said 'Please, let me die'. He just stood there like a statue while she covered him in hugs and kisses. A statue that was about the same size as his mother.

There was just a moment like that scene in the family guy Return of the Jedi skit where myself, other staff members and customers were just glancing back at forth at each other in disbelief.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,517 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

#1 I had just paid for something and as the lady was giving me my change I meant to tell here to put it into the charity container but said "Put that in your box if your have one". Don't think she picked up on the crude double entendre but I was mortified.

#2 Years ago my mother asked me to go in to a cake shop and get something for lunch. I went up the street and in the door, had a look at what was there and asked the lady at the other side of the counter for what I wanted. She kind of went into a panic and asked me why was I asking her. Turns out, I had gone in the employee entrance of the shop and was actually behind the counter. The lady I asked was a customer. It was just a coincidence that there were no staff there when I walked in. I had to walk around the counter and stand in line with a head like a badly sunburned tomato on me.

#3 Not so embarrassing for me. Went into a cafe on a Sunday morning. Staff were too young girls who were kind of out of their depth. I ordered a sausage sandwich and took a seat. Nearly 20 minutes later with no sandwich when one of the girls came down to me an asked me sheepishly if I wanted the sausages cooked. I was about to tell her not to worry about it that I had changed my mind and just wanted tea when one of the boys with me burst out laughing and asked her "where the fup would I be going with raw sausages". She looked like she wanted to bawl her eyes out.

#4 Was working in supermacs in my first job and was cleaning tables when two girls told me they were from out of town and wanted to get some grass. I told them I couldn't help them but I was genuinely thinking "they're going to have to go out the road to a field to get some". When I copped what they were asking for much later I nearly died.

• Advertisement
Advertisement