Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Embarrasing Moments In Shops

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭rocksimmo

Wife sent me in to the chemist for some stuff to remove nail varnish. Chemist was really busy and I asked the girl behind the counter for a bottle of "No More Nails". She told me that I would need to go to Woodies for that. Was so embarrassed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,195 ✭✭✭Archeron

Posted this before in a different thread.

Parked outside the door of a petrol station on a really stormy night. Went in and got some bits and bobs. When I came out, the rain was lashing down, so I put the six pack of beer I'd bought on the roof while I got my keys out of my pocket. Pressed the beeper for the car, heard the car beep and tried the door which was still locked. Pressed the beeper again a few times and still could hear the door unlock and the little beep from it but door still wouldn't open.

Cursing and getting soaked, I started to try the key in the door to see if I could open it manually, and the key wouldn't go in so I start fiddling the key about trying to get it in. Looked up to see some woman glaring at me.not knowing why,I laughed a bit and commented about having trouble getting into the car. Of course, is was her car, mine was parked next to hers.

In my defense, we both drove big black cars, it was dark and raining and I parked in the spot next to the door, she had come in after me and parked in the yellow box right outside the door. Still though, if looks could kill... She didn't see the funny side.

• Site Banned Posts: 280 ✭✭Dr_Brian_Cocks

Not so much embarassing as disgusting.

These travellers have moved to our small town recently. There is one big supermarket.

A few days ago one of the travellers (has a child I think) took a sh-ite right outside the door. Shop owner called the cops and she was taken to Tuam.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Not perhaps embarrassing for me but yesterday I was in a shop and over the tannoy the person said "Could Michael Hunt please come to the checkout please?"

I had to take a double take of it in my head before chuckling away to myself for a good minute or so, wasn't the only one either. SO it was either someone having a bitta craic or some fella has a most unfortunate name :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

My girl friend and I used to live in a flat around the corner from a really traditional sweetie shop run by an old lady well into her eighties . I once, absentmindedly and totally innocently asked her for a 69. My girlfriend nearly collapsed when the old lady asked me if I would like a Flake in it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Not so much embarassing as disgusting.

These travellers have moved to our small town recently. There is one big supermarket.

A few days ago one of the travellers (has a child I think) took a sh-ite right outside the door. Shop owner called the cops and she was taken to Tuam.

The Garda station there? Or is being taken to Tuam now a punishment? lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

My girl friend and I used to live in a flat around the corner from a really traditional sweetie shop run by an old lady well into her eighties . I once, absentmindedly and totally innocently asked her for a 69. My girlfriend nearly collapsed when the old lady asked me if I would like a Flake in it.

You and me both!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭I Heart Internet

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    The Garda station there? Or is being taken to Tuam now a punishment? lol

Irish equivalent of being "sent to Coventry?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,002 ✭✭✭Seedy Arling

Some of those auld ones can be fierce kinky.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,806 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Not so much a shop..

But I was in Madame Tussauds in New York last year and was walking around, but then spotted someone in front of me bent down taking a photo. Waited for a good 5-8 seconds so as to not get in their shot. I then noticed a few lads in front of me splitting their hole laughing.

Turns out I was waiting behind a wax work of a film director framing a shot.. wasn't Spielberg, may have been Kubrick.

:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

leahyl wrote: »
    If this is the same Dunnes I'm thinking of then I think I must have witnessed the same piece of ****!!

Theres been plenty of Dunnes **** incidents where I work

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

I work in Subway, and usually when I hand a customer their order I'll say, "Enjoy!"

The problem is that I frequently say it to cashiers in other shops when I'm leaving. Memorably I once said it to a bank teller as I brought in a cheque to be lodged. I was so embarrassed :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

Buying a packet of tampons in Boots about 10 years ago and there was a very young guy on the counter. He picked them up so fast and through them into a bag. I was a bit startled and said, 'it's OK, they are not illegal'. :D He went so red. :p:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

Another one, yesterday my friend and I were at an indoor child's play area with her little boy after doing some shopping. There was a sign up that said 'children must be supervised at all times'. I said to my friend(jokingly) 'it doesn't say you have to stay, it just says supervised and there are loads of other parents here'. She said 'yeah, let's go to the cinema'. We were laughing the whole time.

At this point I notice a woman next to me go :eek: and move in closer for a listen. Her partner then joined her and she started telling him what we said.

I then said, let's get him a donut in case he gets hungry while we are away :D and my friend laughs and said good idea.... :D:D:D

Well, the face went :eek::eek::eek:

We had to leave after that. :D

(with child!)

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭yozico

Happened to a friend of mine at a Centra deli counter.

Friend: How's it going, can I have a portion of potato wedges and a quickie?
    Store Assistant: Potato wedges and WHAT!?
    Friend: One of them ham and cheese quickies there! (points)
    SA: They're called quiches.....

I love bringing that up every time we're at a deli counter! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

A few years ago I was a Barman in Germany when 2 fit ladies walked in and asked for 2 bags of crisps. I was dying of a cold at the time and as I was about to hand over the Crisps I sneezed causing snots from both nostrels to shoot about a foot hanging from either side.

It was like time froze as I looked up at the girls who where just staring at me with a blank look.

What was even worse was I then Sniffed causing my protruding snots to fire back up my nose as then girls looked on.

One Girl gagged while I ran out the back to send another barman out to look after them

I never seen them after that .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

Not a shop but a nightclub...I was looking for the toilets and saw what appeared to be a passage and walked towards it. As I got there someone was walking out and being the gentleman I am I stood back to let them pass which they did also. They I went again to go through and so did they. It was only at the third attempt that I copped it.

A few people nearby were laughing their holes off at the tit and his reflection.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Arpa

fussyonion wrote: »
    I always muddle my words up. Most recent one was in The Square and I had just received my change from the cashier and said "Manks a fillion" instead of "thanks a million".
    :o

I do that all the time. Uusally go for a "cheers" or "thanks a million", sometimes it comes out as "cheers a million".

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

I once, absentmindedly and totally innocently asked her for a 69.

Back in the day (at least locally) a 69 was a child's 99. Would never happen in these days of dirty minds.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

couple years back was in town where i would work,after work we decided to go to local pub,not that i know the place,anyway few drinks later everyone's going for a smoke,i went for a pi$$,first doors i see open just right into the cubicle pissing away :pac: thinking how clean the place is,when i walk out my bro goes wtf you were doing in ladies jacks :D dropped a pint from all of us laughing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭cuana

My sisters story! Though not in a shop it still makes me laugh

So She decides to walk into town a number of passing cars beeped at her thinking nothing of it she continues to walk! A good few minutes pass until a passing member of the public points out that her arse was on full view with her dress tucked into her undies :D

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Bartyman

pat_cork wrote: »
    I was on the deli in work the other day and a man asked for a hot chicken roll. I gave it to him and he thanked me and said that's perfect now lad. He came back in about ten minutes later and started roaring and cursing at me that the chicken in the roll wasn't hot enough. I stuck the temperature probe into a chicken that was in the glass thing and it read 72° C so I waited for him to stop shouting then I said: "The best thing you could do with that roll is shove it up your ****ing hole and see how cold it is then." There was a good crowd of people in the shop and they all started laughing; that made the man even angrier.

The owner then came out and told me to give him back his money and he told the man to never come in here again for treating one of his staff like that. I expected to get given out to for cursing at the customer but the owner thought it was hilarious and he said well done for remaining so cool while dealing with a prick like him.

Heard it done before, might have read it here even, but my nephew was working in a Deli as a summer job, a lad came in, a little bit ignorant and asked him by pointing to the chicken Panini, "oh you want the chicken punani", cue the same lad coming back in several days in a row and asking the female counter staff for a chicken punani. Luckily, he had told them, so they had a good laugh about it

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Camrat

I overheard a woman asking for a 99 ice cream, but instead of saying 99, she said she would like a 69, She went bright red and left the shop...lmfao.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭donutheadhomer

I was on the phone while shopping in Tesco once and I picked up an orange and threw it over my shoulder without noticing. I hit a bloke behind me in the face with it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭giant_midget

I was on the phone while shopping in Tesco once and I picked up an orange and threw it over my shoulder without noticing. I hit a bloke behind me in the face with it

:confused: wtf?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭donutheadhomer

:confused: wtf?

i know. I don't even remember doing it. I just say this bloke collapse and the security showed me the tape after. He laughed about it too afterwards

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

Great thread this.

I heard this story second hand, but it's apparently true. A friend was in a shop and there was a mother and child in the queue. The child is asking for sweets and the mother is refusing. The child then pipes up: "If you don't buy me sweets I'll tell everybody I saw you put daddy's pee-pee in your mouth"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

stimpson wrote: »
    Great thread this.

I heard this story second hand, but it's apparently true. A friend was in a shop and there was a mother and child in the queue. The child is asking for sweets and the mother is refusing. The child then pipes up: "If you don't buy me sweets I'll tell everybody I saw you put daddy's pee-pee in your mouth"

haha reminds me of one from a bus. A small child had been told that her tummy would grow really big if she kept chewing her nails. She siddled up to a pregnant woman, looked at her bump and exclaimed, "I know what you've been doing to get a belly like that" lol

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Acciaccatura

My parents were walking through a shopping centre with my little sister, then aged about 3, between them holding their hands. They walked into a shop with those security pillars at the entrance, going either side of one of them, and forgetting my sister was between them. She bumped head first into the pillar and fell backwards on the floor (she was fine) and the security guard had a good snigger at them :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Kettleson

I came back from England during holiday term time and went down to the new grocers shop that had opened when I was away.

Our little mad, but sweet mongrel dog flew down the road after me, ran into the shop and pissed for ages on a sack of spuds and ran back out.

The woman shop owner was furious, she starts going off on one, shouting to the folk in the shop about that mad woman up the road, not being able to control her dog. I said "Yes its a disgrace isn't it".

Advertisement