Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gardai (and Shatter) failed to enforce the law at RIRA funeral

Options
1789101113»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

I see that one of Ryan's brothers has been picked up and charged with the murder of an innocent man with no adult convictions in 2011.

What a nice family.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭junder

FTA69 wrote: »
    junder wrote: »
    There is no conspiracy theory about the ira's internal securty unit, you got interrogated by the police you then got interrogated by the internal securty unit if you didn't convince them you said nothing at best you went to Dundalk worse you ended up on a border road with a ventilated bin liner over your head. Why do you think Dundalk got the name el paso?

What are you on about? Most Republican activists would have been arrested or hauled in for questioning by the time they were 16, if you think every time you were brought into the barracks you had to go to Dundalk then you're mistaken. Most Republicans would be living there by now if that was the case.

As I said any ASU member hauled in by the police had to face the 'nutting squad' and it was from there they got the ok, the trip to Dundalk or the bin bag over the head. While not every pira activist got sent to Dundalk ( or executed) there was certinly enough for Dundalk to get a reputation for lawlessness and get the nick name El Paso, thanks to the behaviour of the many belfast exiles living there. As to the thread without evidence there is no charge regradless of what intelligence there may be, however lifting a suspect is a excellent way to let the suspect know 'we know who you are, we know what your part of, and we are watching you' 'red lighting' is a provie term and refers to just that, if your are 'red lighted' you are compromised and in a group like the RIRA that is already riddled with informers, that will be an issue

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I see that one of Ryan's brothers has been picked up and charged with the murder of an innocent man with no adult convictions in 2011.

What a nice family.
    Charged with weapons possession, near the scene. Wonder is there any balistics evidence?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭Fenian Army

What a nice family.

You say the person killed was innocent as he had no convictions in 2011 - those arrested have not been convicted, so surely they are innocent too? Your post suggests you are already reaching for the black cap

Advertisement