Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. [US] ** Spoilers **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

The Stan Lee memorial at the end still bringing out my feels

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Len_007

Trying to figure out where in the MCU timeline season 6 is landing. IGN interview with Whedon says it’s pre Decimation. Yet, there’s ample evidence to suggest that events take place in between Infinity War & Endgame

• Registered Users Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭pah

They're stuck between a rock and a hard place IMO. Probably were not told during their own development about the 5 year jump and being unsure as to when the season would air makes it difficult. Is probably best to treat this as a different timeline although their own season 5 time travel rules are at odds with Endgame I reckon. Anyway, maybe this is the timeline where 2014 Thanos disappeared and never returned. No original snap then. Surely Sarge is a multiverse version of Coulson. Would be a nice tie in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭kerplun k

Len_007 wrote: »
    Trying to figure out where in the MCU timeline season 6 is landing. IGN interview with Whedon says it’s pre Decimation. Yet, there’s ample evidence to suggest that events take place in between Infinity War & Endgame

At this stage it’s probably just better to accept that any ties between television and the MCU are loose at best.

Considering the events of infinity war and endgame, the Russo’s basically gave a big “F**k You” to television, and to some extent, future movies.

Any show that wants to keep consistently at this point would probably have to look at changing its format.

In saying that, what I wouldn’t give for lindelof and cuse to reunite and do a spiritual successor to lost based on the fallout from infinity war and conclusion of endgame,

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Daisy and Simmons hubba hubba

Somehow despite their lives getting more difficult year-by-year they are looking better every year ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

kerplun k wrote: »
    At this stage it’s probably just better to accept that any ties between television and the MCU are loose at best.

Considering the events of infinity war and endgame, the Russo’s basically gave a big “F**k You” to television, and to some extent, future movies.

Any show that wants to keep consistently at this point would probably have to look at changing its format.

In saying that, what I wouldn’t give for lindelof and cuse to reunite and do a spiritual successor to lost based on the fallout from infinity war and conclusion of endgame,

Indeed: and given the TV series have tended towards a more 'ground level' viewpoint, it's probably just as well the Netflix shows were canned, because clearly those were the perspectives that would feel the fallout from EndGame's "cake and eat it" ending. Well, to be fair, those shows pretty much ignored the MCU anyway, but 6 billion people popping back into existence, within dilapidated versions of cities, is hard to skirt around.

As for Agents of SHIELD, I long ago reconciled the reality that despite ostensibly being the 'closest' to the MCU, including occasional cameos from Nick Fury, Sif or Agent Hill, the show simply doesn't exist in the continuity from the films. I simply presumed at most we might get a passing remark (ala that spectacularly lame "Thanos is attacking!" lip service last year), then the episode would move on. I'm saying that as someone who hasn't yet caught the first episode mind you ...

kerplun k wrote: »

Well, Jarvis from Agent Carter was put in Endgame, serving as the only character from the TV shows to see a promotion into the films. So credit to the Russo’s for that. But that was more down to the writers being the ex show runners of said show. And also, Endgame did more or less make Season’s 1 & 2 of Agent Carter illegitimate by giving Cap the ending he got.

And that was some left turn with your LOST reference, I’d totally watch that show!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Both are more or less separate now the "its all connected" was a good gimmick at the time but when the Perlmutter Feige split happened it was over. Perlmutter was stuck in the past a bit especially with his belief that Black Widow merchandise or film wouldn't sell and Inhumans would be a great film.

Marvel TV and film has been better since the split in 2015/2016

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭kerplun k

Well, Jarvis from Agent Carter was put in Endgame, serving as the only character from the TV shows to see a promotion into the films. So credit to the Russo’s for that. But that was more down to the writers being the ex show runners of said show. And also, Endgame did more or less make Season’s 1 & 2 of Agent Carter illegitimate by giving Cap the ending he got.

And that was some left turn with your LOST reference, I’d totally watch that show!

I think Feige was an EP on Agent Carter which makes a big difference.

Now that was fun! Felt like real Saturday Morning TV :)
    When they mentioned InHumans I was like
    :eek: cos I first though
    about the InHumans TV show but then I remembered the InHumans arc in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
    :)

Really think they are handling the Fitz arc well.

Then when May
    had her fight, the way it all started reminded me of the start of the James Bond train scene.. well except that they agreed not to kill her
    :)

err.. violence warning for parents (just in case?)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,426 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Very interesting now to see where they are going with the Coulson story after last night's episode.

The Good:
    Direction, Kevin Tancharoen had some nice pan's and blocking, even though the gun over the shoulder was used twice. Tension, it was always building to the May/Coulson meet which we new was coming. Clark Gregg is great as Coulson 3.0.

The Gripes:
    Are we really getting another story of Fitzsimons trying to get back together again? In fact, this show excels in keeping people we want together apart from each other. Coulson/Rosalind Price, Hunter/Bobbi, Daisy/Lincoln, Mac/Yo Yo, Coulson/May, don't be afraid to show us a stable relationship Whedon's!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭pah

dominic-cooper.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Agent Sitwell or whatever his name is was also in SHIELD. And some of the world council members.

Though they where all in the movies first. I don’t think it makes a difference which way around it was though i still think the tv shows and movies are the same timeline/verse, with fury having appeared and the tie ins to Thor 2 etc.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

A week behind as is often the case, but a strong opening episode; good table setting and with enough little character beats to give all characters, old and new, a moment. Kinda delighted Piper and Davis are front-liners, they have earned their place. Not stoked about seeing that drab Lighthouse set, and I hope, hope, hope season 6 doesn't find excuses to keep everything restricted there (again).

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,556 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

I thought episode 1 was weak, possibly the weakest in years but episode 2 seemed to get back on track very quickly. Agree with the base of operations in the lighthouse, the command deck / bridge / whatever just doesn't look right with the angles they are shooting it from.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,101 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Very interesting now to see where they are going with the Coulson story after last night's episode.

Multiverse or at least teasing it?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,929 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Agent Sitwell or whatever his name is was also in SHIELD. And some of the world council members.

Though they where all in the movies first. I don’t think it makes a difference which way around it was though i still think the tv shows and movies are the same timeline/verse, with fury having appeared and the tie ins to Thor 2 etc.
    I do think it's significant that Mr. Jarvis is the first character to go from the TV to the big screen rather then the other way around.
    I think it might have been nice if they had small background nods in the final Endgame battle like Tandy's light daggers flying (Cloak & Dagger) or Danny's fists glowing (Iron Fist) or Karolina doing her rainbow thing (Runaways), heck I'd even let Black Bolt talk to Thanos. You wouldn't even have to bring in the actors, just CG characters using their powers. But hey ho that's by the by now.

Foxtrol wrote: »
    Multiverse or at least teasing it?

Has to be: caught the second episode and hard to imagine what else it can be. They may not be able to directly link with the MCU anymore but one imagines they can at least crib their 'themes'; IIRC SHIELD did that in season 4, introducing the supernatural / magical of Ghost Rider around the time Dr. Strange came out in the cinemas.

Good second episode anyway, and nice to have the action-espionage version of the show back; of the many things lacking in Season 5, it was the simple loop of chases, robberies, heists, shootouts etc. that was missing for me. The 'Portal' homage/rip-off was fun too.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Have you watched the latest Spider-Man homecoming trailer ? Without giving away spoilers but it seems to tie in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,426 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Tripping balls in outer space :)

• Registered Users Posts: 55,473 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

The drug stuff was a bit tiresome, but it was a great episode overall. I love Enoch's deadpan delivery. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭gazzer

Mr E wrote: »
    The drug stuff was a bit tiresome, but it was a great episode overall. I love Enoch's deadpan delivery. :)

He is great. Poor Jemma and Fitz. Will they ever get a happy ever after.? The ep had a real 80's/Thor Ragnarok feel to it.

Fear and Loathing in Outer Space! :D

That was hilarious!

From the very start I was like.. huh.. is this Tron? but then elements of Agents of Shield and then some Blade Runner feels.

Breaking Bones?!? WTF.. then the Gambling and Drugs and what like a kinda half Deer Hunter Russian Roulette blackjack game?

I gotta google this episode, who did this?!!?

*googles*
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8416904/

Aha look! I guess it, it's called "Fear and Loathing on the Planet of Kitson" :D

Nothing jumps out about the director Jesse Bochco so I guess he just made what he was given:
    https://www.imdb.com/name/nm1061992/

I don't see anything under the two credited writers either so I guess they just took Fear and Loathing as the inspiration:
    Brent Fletcher - https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0281957/
    Craig Titley - https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0864471/

Can't find Brents Twitter but! the pinned tweet on Craigs twitter :D
    https://twitter.com/craigtitley2

https://twitter.com/shes_biochem/status/1121500315390550018

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

gazzer wrote: »
    He is great. Poor Jemma and Fitz. Will they ever get a happy ever after.? The ep had a real 80's/Thor Ragnarok feel to it.

I'm really enjoying the dark-80s theme and music this season, I hope they keep it going.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭redfacedbear

Slydice wrote: »
    *googles*
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8416904/ Nothing jumps out about the director Jesse Bochco

He's a son of Steven Bochco who gave us Hill St Blues, NYPD Blue, LA Law. So he may have picked up a thing or two along the way.

RIP Deke when Daisy gets back! :D

That episode was packed!
    Oh I started feeling a bit frustrated by Yo-Yo just standing there looking and not using her powers. Then when she did, it was too late. Likely be a defining learning moment for her character.

On the full ARC, is it now that this is a different kind of secret invasion than the one I'd been hearing about for phase 4 of the movies?
    Also it looks like (not) Coulson and his team might be fighting the invaders and just don't know who to trust or not. Also looks like they lost the fight on the last planet. Multi-planets.. could they be tieing in the Captain Marvels story or just maybe looking ahead to meeting Daisy Fitz and Simmons?

Mays fight was cool. I thought Snowflake was trying to lure her into a trap capsizing the floor.. but what happened was different.. kinda

The start-up idea was funny and I started wondering: is it really cheap to make a start-up office or was that the studios where AOS is made. I dunno.. from the wiki, it seems it's made in Culver in California which homes the Disney Digital Network formerly (maker studios inc) which I found on the map but the area/buildings look different than the episode in streetview:
    https://goo.gl/maps/Ki2rHnwAteiKoVdy9

How cool.. Maurissa Tancharoen, who played Sequoia, was one of the writers of Dollhouse! :)
    https://www.imdb.com/name/nm1315990/

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,541 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

And of Agents of Shield itself too. In fact she’s a co-creator of Agents of Shield along with husband Jed Whedon and brother in law Joss Whedon. Brother Kevin has also directed episodes.

• Advertisement

icdg wrote: »
    And of Agents of Shield itself too. In fact she’s a co-creator of Agents of Shield along with husband Jed Whedon and brother in law Joss Whedon. Brother Kevin has also directed episodes.

Hashtag Scarleh

I missed the:
    Show all 136 episodes

:o:o:o:o

Advertisement