Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. [US] ** Spoilers **

Options
19899100101102104»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Same as PB, I think this show worked fine on its own and in fact in the last few series it introduced some concepts that I don't particularly want in the MCU like LMDs. I also think it's funny how everyone thinks Laura is Mockingbird, I need to rewatch the show but when they were talking about the watch over the phone it didn't sound like she was talking about her own watch. We don't know Laura's maiden name, maybe they will canonise AOS with Bobbi as her sister.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,822 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Her and Hunter were a great pair I thought. Finished watching "The Orville" recently and thought she was great in that.

I don't mind them writing around the characters, using other characters as substitutes etc. But rewriting what was at the time accepted as mcu canon or using a multiverse cop out doesn't sit right with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,202 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Given how heavily AOS used Inhumans I can imagine thats yet another very large reason why the show is cut off from the MCU just like the actual Inhumans show.

Marvel own mutants again so there is zero reason to acknowledge Inhumans ever again.

Even the upcoming Kamala Khan show has avoided using the word "inhuman" at any stage regarding her.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Bobbi and Hunter had one of the top moments of the show with Parting Shot. It was really well done and got a huge fan reaction. I wasn't expecting the hit and it hit hard.

Can't find the full scene but it's there in Marvel's own official goodbye video around the 1min 40sec to 2min 30sec mark:

A Spy’s Goodbye – Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,894 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Like that combines well with the scene but I'm talking about the one earlier (starting around the 29min mark) when they are brought into the cell together and they have that talk about a way out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭kerplun k

Deleted

Post edited by kerplun k on

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

I can’t speak as to whether Feige has anything against AoS but Anson Mount being in Multiverse of Madness doesn’t make InHumans canon in the MCU.

And it never will be. The Marvel series made for Disney+ are the only TV shows that are canon. They take place on Earth 616.

Everything in the other TV shows didn’t happen or has happened on other Earths. That includes Daredevil.

Spoiler tagging something in a years old SHIELD thread would make one believe it's SHIELD related. Maybe a heads up, next time?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,815 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yep. After reading it I assume it's a Multiverse of Madness spoiler which I haven't seen yet. If you had at least warned that it was a spoiler for Multiverse of Madness.

• Advertisement

If kerplun k had mentioned it was spoiler for Multiverse of Madness wouldn’t he have been accused of revealing an AoS related spoiler about the movie (yes there isn’t a connection) but then people would have expected it an AoS connection and then blamed him for misleading them.

Really though maybe the question is better asked in the full thread than here as no spoiler tags are necessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,822 ✭✭✭✭flazio

If anything I actually think they've opened a small crack to allow not only Agents of SHIELD, but also Runaways back into 616. Both those series and Wandavision used a book called The Darkhold. Well turns out it was A Darkhold, not The Darkhold. Which means that all 3 series can theoretically have a copy in the same universe.

Too much has happened in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. for it to be on 616 - mainly the terrigen contamination that brought about a massive amount of InHumans and that S.H.I.E.L.D. was publicity restored twice.

I’m all for the characters and actors showing up in 616 as much as I like Coulson he died for a purpose and it needs to be kept that way.

I haven’t seen Runaways but I’m not against actors being restored to parts but won’t these guys and Cloak & Dagger be too old not to play teenagers?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭kerplun k

I genuinely hope that Coulson dying in the MCU because a thing. Like Kenny in South Park.

Advertisement