Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. [US] ** Spoilers **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭pah

So, Mac says something to daisy along the lines of

"Where you've been the last 5 years, in looking forward to that debrief"

Does that put it back in sync with MCU main timeline?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

I don't know, I've just read this to try and piece it together:
    http://collider.com/agents-of-shield-mcu-timeline-explained/

Selecting cuts of it to try figure some of it out:
    the fifth season finale, the episode “The One Who Will Save Us All” (Season 5, Episode 20) featured the first mention of Thanos in any of the Marvel television series. Long story short, General Glen Talbot became the super-powered villain known as Graviton and in a discussion with the the alien “Confederacy,” confirmed the Earth was currently under attack by Thanos’ forces. Now, we already know that Adrian Pasdar’s character did not in fact intervene with Thanos’ invasion, and if you kept watching the rest of the season, you found out that Talbot was blasted into space. The point you should all take away from this though, is that it put Agents on the same timeline as the beginning of Infinity War.
    There is no mention of Thanos in the Season 6 premiere. The whole gang is still here (minus Clark Gregg who just so happens to be directing the episode). The only real difference is Jemma has bangs I guess? Earth seems fine, kids are outside happily playing basketball, everything is pretty normal. Sure half the agents are out in space fighting nondescript aliens, but seriously, there is no mention of the events of the movies at all. Which only adds to the confusion, because apparently this is taking place a year later after the Season 5 finale, setting this post-Snap and during those missing years of the Decimation.

Now, this non-mention could be for a number of reasons. The most obvious is that the show was written to conclude last season and now they have to try and make their confusing timeline work with Endgame’s now incredibly confusing timeline and they just decided ignoring it was the best course of action. It could be its own separated timeline explained by Professor Hulk and the Ancient One in Endgame, and this is just one of many realities. Or maybe it’s one of 14,000,605 futures Doctor Strange saw? Or again, maybe the Endgame script was kept secret from the show and S.H.I.E.L.D. just had to wing it.

Spiderman: Far From Home Spoiler:
    Of course, I don’t trust Mysterio.
    Article was written before Spiderman: Far From Home
    :D

So in conclusion, we're all as in-the-dark about it as you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Good episode with an interesting ending. May's actions seemed out of character so perhaps she too is possessed. Now they seem to have too many science guys with deke, fitzsimmons and the old black dude.

Spiderman: Far From Home Spoiler
    They are hardly bringing some Skrull bits in? They are hardly sending May off into Space with Fury?

Having may replaced again would seem like a rethread of the LMB storyline. I think they are pretty much disconnected from the movies at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I thought that was a very poor follow-up to the cliffhanger: I can see why an outlet like AV Club snarked about a "Daisy Ex Machina", cos they didn't even try to imply some tension with her being fatigued or injured from her efforts. I guess it's plot dependent that one.

Though I will say the inclusion of Davis & Piper does add some sense of danger to scenes, as given they're not main cast - but still get quite a lot of lines and screentime - some threats feel more immediate as it's unclear if they'll make it.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,425 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Next season will be the final season.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,928 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

At least they get to end on their own terms

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Might as well start a deadpool then, cos last season means characters are going to get culled. Fitz & Simmons are probably ok by dint of them already having had their tragedy; everyone else is presumably on the cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,928 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,324 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

not before time, lost me 2 seasons ago (but then i havent seen infinity war :rolleyes:)

not before time, lost me 2 seasons ago (but then i havent seen infinity war :rolleyes:)

And you're here because...?

I'll be sorry to see it go but I think it has had a good of consistently good seasons. One thing I hope they dont drag this seasons storyline into the last.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,473 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

41 minutes of great TV this week. Loved that episode. :)

:(

Great TV.

We still get one more season right?

6.10: That was good.
    I thought she was unstoppable given who was available to us. The only person we've seen mess with incorporial beings has been the ancient one and she's gone so they'd need help from Dr Strange or one of the others from Kamar-Taj. I guess there are other ways though and it does hint that Fitz will create some tech.

You know that last scene.
    That had some real The Fast and The Furious vibes to it. You know.. the original vibes before they went off the wall. I thought that was done well. It'll be a rough going away ceremony with the last episode next season
    but I reckon they'll do it justice.

Very mediocre episode IMO, lots of exposition and a very standard bottle formula wrapped in a sci-fi cliché (
    body swapping
    ), with one admittedly effective moment. Maybe I'm just bummed about that scene, as I'll
    miss Davis...he stole a space pen! Him and Piper were best buddies :(
    . I think I'm just about hanging on by dint of the characters at this stage; I've followed them this far so I'll go to the end, but the actual standard of the show around them has dipped

• Registered Users Posts: 11,101 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Have I forgotten some key scene or did something happen to that new scientist guy they brought in? Seemed to make a big deal of his addition and then just dropped it

Foxtrol wrote: »
    Have I forgotten some key scene or did something happen to that new scientist guy they brought in? Seemed to make a big deal of his addition and then just dropped it

He left to go do "research" to find any evidence in Earth history of the Shrike; he sent back info on ancient Incan(?) gods who I think has the same name as those name-checked by Izel. We had a scene of Mack & someone else talking about said research.

As you say, they made a thing of bringing Benson in, gave him a character arc n' all, then just packed him onto a plane to exit stage left.

This is kinda what I mean though: the characters keep me here but the actual story & setting has become so shoddy it's unreal. Our 'Big Bad' is a deadpan woman with a party wig & no personality (OK, I get she may yet be a red herring, but still, she looks like something out of a summer SyFy show)

They got rid of the old scientist guy since they now deke and fitzsimmons back on the team. I thought they may kill him off to show the bad guy means business but I guess that may have been seen to be controversial as he is the only gay character on the show, at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,101 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

pixelburp wrote: »
    He left to go do "research" to find any evidence in Earth history of the Shrike; he sent back info on ancient Incan(?) gods who I think has the same name as those name-checked by Izel. We had a scene of Mack & someone else talking about said research.

As you say, they made a thing of bringing Benson in, gave him a character arc n' all, then just packed him onto a plane to exit stage left.

This is kinda what I mean though: the characters keep me here but the actual story & setting has become so shoddy it's unreal. Our 'Big Bad' is a deadpan woman with a party wig & no personality (OK, I get she may yet be a red herring, but still, she looks like something out of a summer SyFy show)

Thanks, my recordings keep getting cut into by 'breaking news' so he probably departed during one of those. Hope he wasn't just there to be a fill in science guy to do science things until FitzSimmons get back and he'll now never be seen again.

Agree with you on the deterioration of the storylines. I was on the fence about last year, giving them some leeway due to the obvious budget constraints, however this year I just haven't warmed to it at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,878 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I liked Davis, but he, like Piper, are glorified Red shirts. I'm surprised she has lasted this long

Just caught up on the past 9 episodes. Liking the season so far.

Thought Episode 6 was really good. Couldn't recognise Gemma under all the Ringu makeup. Expected them to lure the 2 evil sides to attack each other. Didn't think the opposite would happen. The episode also confirmed that Gemma wears jeans well.

I'm guessing that even though they mentioned Ghost Rider, we won't see him since they're making that other Ghost Rider show.

Nicely set up now for next weeks double episode season finale.

Not a bad episode. Still unsure what the deal is with Sarge despite an explanation being provided in the episode. I think this may go down as one of the weakest seasons after the excellent season 3 and 4

• Registered Users Posts: 55,473 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Weak? I think it's terrific.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,421 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

It was always going to be very hard if not impossible to follow Season 4.
    Season 5 was good as well. Especially when they thought it was going to be canned.
    But I honestly can't complain about season 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,878 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I'm not a fan of the Chronocon storyline. I watched 8 episodes over a few days and I still forgot about them. Until this season, I thought Enoch was from the future. Even the Chronocon name implies that

Chloe just tweeted they wrap filming on season 7 in two days and that’s it AOS is finished them all after 7 years.

Chloe just tweeted they wrap filming on season 7 in two days and that’s it AOS is finished them all after 7 years.

Oooh, Chloe is it?

• Advertisement

pah wrote: »
    Oooh, Chloe is it?

She’s like a daughter to me.

Advertisement