Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. [US] ** Spoilers **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,991 ✭✭✭✭flazio

But if they defrost the original Fitz now then how does he save the future?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,397 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

flazio wrote: »
    But if they defrost the original Fitz now then how does he save the future?

The future is already changed.

It was defrosted (or spare) Fitz who saved the future by saving Polly and Mack (and thus dying). They were supposed to die in the collapse not Fitz.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Think of it like the deviated timeline in Back To The Future Part 2. Biff changed the past creating a new timeline but the old timeline where he went back in time still exists. The Agents of SHIELD are now in a new timeline where frozen Fitz doesn't have to get to the future to save them.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,397 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

FunLover18 wrote: »
    Think of it like the deviated timeline in Back To The Future Part 2. Biff changed the past creating a new timeline but the old timeline where he went back in time still exists. The Agents of SHIELD are now in a new timeline where frozen Fitz doesn't have to get to the future to save them.
    Bingo. Thats why Jemma told Coulson that Fitz will "find out time isn't fixed, that its a beautiful ever-changing thing".

I'm 10 years a Doctor Who fan. Stuff like this was central to the Steven Moffat era (2010 to 2017) and it still hurts my head to think about this stuff but I'll just shrug it off as Wibbley Wobbly timey whimey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

I've seen the first 10 episodes of season 5, I have not seen episodes 11-22. I plan to watch those episodes and Infinity War (no spoilers, please) this weekend. Between what episodes do I watch the movie, or should I watch it after the season finale? Hard to find an answer online without reading spoilers for the movie or season.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I've seen the first 10 episodes of season 5, I have not seen episodes 11-22. I plan to watch those episodes and Infinity War (no spoilers, please) this weekend. Between what episodes do I watch the movie, or should I watch it after the season finale? Hard to find an answer online without reading spoilers for the movie or season.

Watch it after the season finale. There’s no link to Infinity War other than a Thanos name drop reference near the end.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 102 ✭✭blazard

love this show

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Season 6 premiers July 2019.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,500 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

After Avengers 4 nice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,353 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Just finished a binge watch of the 5 seasons so far. Is the Slingshot mini series worth checking out?

Just finished a binge watch of the 5 seasons so far. Is the Slingshot mini series worth checking out?

They're free and short so, why not?
    They slot in about half way through season 4 when Daisy rejoined S.H.I.E.L.D.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,963 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Renewed for a Seventh season. Season Six will air next Summer

https://tvline.com/2018/11/16/agents-of-shield-renewed-season-7/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,137 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

My god is this the first time SHIELD got preemptively renewed? Fantastic news for a show that spent too long circling the drain. Hopefully they'll add the budget back after the shoestring season 5...

Hot off the heals too of a report that SHIELD is one of the most popular TV brands in the world:

https://news.avclub.com/shocking-new-study-says-that-people-really-like-agents-1830370594

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I think it is the first time it's been preempted for renewal.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,428 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Renewed for a Seventh season. Season Six will air next Summer

https://tvline.com/2018/11/16/agents-of-shield-renewed-season-7/

That’s fantastic news.
    I dropped walking dead last week as it’s beyond watching at this stage so great to see a top notch show get renewed and rightly so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭kerplun k

Nice.
    I seen the thread update and half suspected a cancellation announcement post season 6. Delighted to see the opposite. I’m probably been greedy at this point but I’d absolutely love to see an AoS movie, kinda like what the Star Trek franchise used to do with alternating movies and tv shoes. Anyhews, season 7 news is brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I was expecting Stan Lee cameo posts when I seen the update :(

Bloody fantastic news 2 more years at the very least have enjoyed this show from day one even with the ups and downs the cast are loveable the Hydra arc has been enjoyable on the small screen rather than movies got to experience and explore so much of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,446 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Man, even as a fan of the show this news was very surprising. Really great news though, it's been so great and incredibly underrated.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,137 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Penn wrote: »
    Man, even as a fan of the show this news was very surprising. Really great news though, it's been so great and incredibly underrated.

Yet apparently not if the stats are to be believed. It definitely had a fandom, vocal if not a ratings smash?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,101 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

I wonder how two changes recently might have played into this. The re-organisation at the top of Disney and ABC and the plans to launch Disney+.

For the last few years it looked like ABC didn't want to continue the show but were having their arm twisted to do so. New team could have a different vision/interest in the show and will push it more.

Agents of Shield is one of the few shows that is ripe to transfer their back catalogue over to the new streaming platform. It might make sense to keep the show in the public eye so they can point to the streaming site for people who want to catch up on the old episodes and also potentially have another attempt at a spin-off on the new platform.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Nice bargain thought it would be appreciated here too

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057930217

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Arcsurvivor

Last season tied in events from the movies. Looking forward to who will be the villain for the next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,353 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

So any word on whether
    Coulson
    will be back?

Spoiler at the start but looks good

Well colour me excited; with crossed fingers for some extra money so we're not slumming around grey corridors all over again...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

That looks good!

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Ronanc1

Shotgun axe won't be seeing much use now with Mack in charge! :(:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Ronanc1 wrote: »
    Shotgun axe won't be seeing much use now with Mack in charge! :(:D

Ah now, Coulson was in charge and he got to use his gadgets quite often!

Looking forward to this, haven't been let down by AoS iirc, even if they had some downtime moments.

Advertisement